Bloc's warband missing features mod list (No Download/Showcase)

Users who are viewing this thread

No worries, first DLC confirmed "Colb Enhancement Pack", it will add:

- Feast
- Ambushes
- Freelancer

and more features for just 39,99€ (38,99€ for people who bought Warband), will be released as EA.

And most of the mods just added features from Warband that should've been in Bannerlord or planned to be added to Bannerlord from the start.
This. It's sequel-making 101: "Carry over everything people liked about the last game, then add new features on top of that."

It just had to be improved version of diplomacy mod of Warband and we could call it a day. But unfortunately, we get, well, this.
So much time was wasted in making certain systems incredibly deep to the point where they became a nightmare to balance or bugfix.

In the bizarro world where I was in charge of directing development, I would have skipped the entire perk system, since I don't think that it increases the fun that much over just making certain stats boost certain numbers, and it took a lot of work. I would have saved board games as a "this would be nice to have" thing for the end rather than putting them so early in development. Making the economic system a bit simpler also could have saved heaps of dev time while still being roughly as fun. I'd have started by replicating Warband - minus the things that people explicitly disliked - and then iterating on it from there.

So much time was wasted in making certain systems incredibly deep to the point where they became a nightmare to balance or bugfix.

In the bizarro world where I was in charge of directing development, I would have skipped the entire perk system, since I don't think that it increases the fun that much over just making certain stats boost certain numbers, and it took a lot of work. I would have saved board games as a "this would be nice to have" thing for the end rather than putting them so early in development. Making the economic system a bit simpler also could have saved heaps of dev time while still being roughly as fun. I'd have started by replicating Warband - minus the things that people explicitly disliked - and then iterating on it from there.

Yeah. The complex economic and power scaling systems are cool as heck but they've shot themselves in the foot. It has become near impossible to add anything because it will just mess up the balance. How about we introduce the manhunters again? Nope, because lords need to farm bandits to gain EXP. Oh alright, and could we bring feasts back then? Nope, because lords need to be in the field to prevent losing to much ground. Oh alright, what about alliances? Nope, balance. They've tweaked so much that no one within TW dares touching those buttons, because one slight touch might mess up the balance.

And its cool, dont get me wrong. The early to mid stages of the game are fine. But it gets a bit stale after a while. The complex systems are just that, systems. They dont provide entertainment once the ''this is complex, cool" factor has worn off.

6covjk.jpg

You all need to grow up, if any of you think you could do a better job then go ****ing do it and stop *****ing, you can't, I know you can't because multiple studios have tried and failed, Mordhau and Chivalry have come sort of close but they just feel like Call of Duty knock offs of Mount and Blade, what Bloc is doing is possible because the devs went to great lengths to make Bannerlord the most moddable game in history, so instead of whining and crying like a bunch of petulant children, download the mod tools, join the Forge discord and help make some cool ****, custom server code is already being tested, which means multiplayer mods are coming soon. The future of Bannerlord is going to be ****ing insane, you could literally remake Star Wars Battlefront on "The Bannerlord Engine" if you could actually code yourselves, but you can't thats why you just whine that you want this, that you want that, instead of appreciating what we DO have, even if it isn't perfect, life isn't ****ing perfect make the best of it.

You all need to grow up, if any of you think you could do a better job then go ****ing do it and stop *****ing, you can't, I know you can't because multiple studios have tried and failed, Mordhau and Chivalry have come sort of close but they just feel like Call of Duty knock offs of Mount and Blade, what Bloc is doing is possible because the devs went to great lengths to make Bannerlord the most moddable game in history, so instead of whining and crying like a bunch of petulant children, download the mod tools, join the Forge discord and help make some cool ****, custom server code is already being tested, which means multiplayer mods are coming soon. The future of Bannerlord is going to be ****ing insane, you could literally remake Star Wars Battlefront on "The Bannerlord Engine" if you could actually code yourselves, but you can't thats why you just whine that you want this, that you want that, instead of appreciating what we DO have, even if it isn't perfect, life isn't ****ing perfect make the best of it.

I can "code for myself" -im sure probably a hell of alot better than you can. yet i didnt buy a 'coding platform '- i paid premium price for what i expected to be an improved version of the previous title - and feature complete. Seems like you need to take a dose of your own sorry medicine and try an chill out as your throwing a histrionic fit of lunar menses proportion. Now crack a window, let the sunlite in, get out your basement, call Mick and get the Band back together

PS: And no, you cant make Star Wars Battlefront with this engine...little proof of concepts dont equal full game

You all need to grow up, if any of you think you could do a better job then go ****ing do it and stop *****ing
If you noticed the videos that's exactly what Bloc is doing and demonstrating how easy it is. We just need one person from Taleworlds to implement it into the base game.
what Bloc is doing is possible because the devs went to great lengths to make Bannerlord the most moddable game in history
What Bloc is doing was possible without any mod tools 10 years ago in Warband by a 10x smaller development team. The point Bloc is making is that it's really easy for these things to be implemented into the base game in an hour's work by one person which makes it very questionable to any reasonable person why Taleworlds takes three months to implement one feature.
so instead of whining and crying like a bunch of petulant children, download the mod tools, join the Forge discord and help make some cool ****, custom server code is already being tested, which means multiplayer mods are coming soon. The future of Bannerlord is going to be ****ing insane, you could literally remake Star Wars Battlefront on "The Bannerlord Engine" if you could actually code yourselves, but you can't thats why you just whine that you want this, that you want that, instead of appreciating what we DO have, even if it isn't perfect, life isn't ****ing perfect make the best of it.
Bannerlord isn't just "not perfect", it's seriously bugged, imbalanced, frustrating, and repetitive; and regressed in many ways from its predecessor that released 10 years ago made by a 10x smaller dev team. The base engine, art assets and simulation are really well developed but it's lacking features and balance that are needed to actually be a fun game.

The mod tools aren't finished enough, and it is really stupid and anti-consumer to tell people who paid AAA price for an incomplete game that they should stop asking the people who get paid money to do it, and instead do it themselves. Also modding is a pain in the ass to learn because the documentation isn't finished. So it's easier for a Taleworlds employee who already knows what to do, than for some random.

You're asking people to put in $100-1000+ worth of their own time learning to mod and implementing and updating said mods on a game they already paid for because actual paid TW employees won't do their job?

Plus, mods have a tendency to conflict with each other causing crashes. If we rely on 10 different mods to make Bannerlord work how it *should in vanilla,* that increases the chance of crashes and conflicts, especially if we want to download other mods too; or people often abandoning their mods and not updating them (the current situation). Mods should be for expanding the base game, not for filling in holes where things are missing.

Last edited:
There's a never-ending supply of forum newbies parachuting into complaint threads just to tell others they are crybabies. They never read and they never ask questions and they mostly come from the MP macho children brigade.

They never read and they never ask questions and they mostly come from the MP macho children brigade.
where else would they go? the multiplayer scene is dead in the ditch.

and the new battle mode with custom servers is like putting a bandage on a rift that's already too little too late. when actual modding support and custom maps "will come later down the line" which is a weird way of phrasing *too ****ing long*

which means multiplayer mods are coming soon.
again "too ****ing long" they're not coming soon and you don't know what you're talking about.
instead of appreciating what we DO have
"DO" what exactly, are you another self proclaimed taleworld's overseer & developer, no one here is whining about modders. read the room.

Yes I really dislike the perk system. It seems interesting at first but after 2 years I appreciate the warband system better. I hate having to choose between 2 perks and this system has a lot of impact on ai characters. I am not sure the ai knows how to deal with that. It seems like a mayor problem to make it all work, while the warband system made it Also possible to make different character roles

One of my very first posts in this forum was to share my opinion about the way the development/potentials of this game.
I thought and still think TW should focus on making the vanilla game stable and Mod friendly and let people like this Bloc come up with amazing stuff to make this awesome game even better.
I do feel this game is awesome and everyone else here does, otherwise this forum would be dead with no one would be posting cause everyone else would be gone playing something else.
So, instead of beating the proverbial dead horse about adding feasts, tweaking armor, adding all sorts of content, let's focus on fixing bugs and asking for things that make modding easier.
We all have seen the mods people are coming up with on Nexus, amazing stuff, whether it's TW or another gamer that comes up with new content I really don't care as long as it is available to me and it is easy to install in my game.

My two cents!

Edit: and yes, I paid for the game just like everyone else and I also feel "I need to get what I paid for"...but I am realistic it will not happen so we need to try something else: use mods!

You all need to grow up, if any of you think you could do a better job then go ****ing do it and stop *****ing
Literally the thread is about a modder making a better job lmao

Mordhau and Chivalry have come sort of close but they just feel like Call of Duty knock offs of Mount and Blade
This is not only a very dumb comment, but also, incredibly wrong and ignorant. Chivalry has a completely different swordplay from Warband, and the focus is clearly put in MP (well it's a MP game mate), and while it's not perfect, it was a very fun game for the time it lasted. Haven't played 2, so I can't talk about it. Mordhau on the other hand is a Chivalry fan made game, and Mordhau is not only so far away from CoD, but Mordhau is a game made to specifically have fun and laugh your ass off while you get murdered by 300 level tryhards. The only reason you make this very dumb comparison is because you can't deal with Bannerlord being fairly criticized, just another case of boring and angry fanboyism, it's okey, you'll grow out of it, it's just a game.

9rB54T2_d.webp

Back
Top Bottom