Bloc's warband missing features mod list (No Download/Showcase)

Users who are viewing this thread

The man just keeps going

Oh, that feeling of bewilderment when your favourite popcorn recipe is suddenly altered ...??

Another hit on the bull's eye from our dear friend Bloc. Personally, I always thought that the idea of awarding a banner to a commoner was a bit forced from the very beginning... I never understood why such a decision was made by Taleworlds.

This video shows that there is still time for logic.

Are these created for the videos only or I can download it somewhere? I cannot find any of his mods on Nexus, where can I find them?

Personally, I always thought that the idea of awarding a banner to a commoner was a bit forced from the very beginning... I never understood why such a decision was made by Taleworlds.
I agree that we should not be a "noble" right from the start unless we choose such a background. But as far as what TW did goes, I think the idea is that you either are a noble from the start, or you lie about being one and work your way from just pretending to be one, to being recognized as one. But in typical TW fashion they didn't frame it properly, because why would they...

He's only doing this to make a point that people have tried to make before, that TW is incompetent and modders are the only future of the game. Its stupid, and only serves to boost his own ego.

He's only doing this to make a point that people have tried to make before, that TW is incompetent and modders are the only future of the game. Its stupid, and only serves to boost his own ego.
TW is incompetent and modders are not future of the game because modders can't and won't fix the game. That was the reason why Bloc left modding.

You are the last forum circlejerk to call @Bloc stupid.

[...] Its stupid, and only serves to boost his own ego.
Do you realise how ridiculous that sentence sounds?

This is beyond egos, this is an act of showing reality to someone you love. As I see it, Bloc is only trying to trigger a reaction from Taleworlds so that they will take the blindfold off, pull their heads out of the hole they have buried them in and burst the bubble.

Taleworlds holds this on steam:

“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.”

Now tell me, aren't all these Bloc's technical demonstrations just the manifestation of feedback at its finest? Mechanics like those that don't take an exorbitant amount of time to implement and that are very popular with the fanbase, why the hell haven't they been implemented? what vision is that then Taleworlds?

giphy.gif

So since we are still in EA and everything is subject to change; here is the dilemma of many.

#foraworthybasegame

---

Errayn supaninja :lol:

This is beyond insanity. I have been using reddit lately. There are people over there calling modders, who works at their free time, pissy just because they dont update their mods while these same people praising TW and here we have some kind of people typing ****.

This community deserves TW, i guess.

Do what you are doing Bloc and thank you so much. You are the hero we did not deserve.

all these Bloc's technical demonstrations just the manifestation of feedback at its finest
This^

Last edited:
I appreciate how Bloc is bringing features from warband to bannerlord. Would be cool if he can expand on them, for example, the bandit ambush, maybe if you're a lord of the town, bodyguards can help you? Or if you are of great importance, like a ruler, you'll have protection. Which Bloc did made once.

The sooner TW releases a stable basic game, the modding community can really go to town.

It isn't an 'us vs them' scenario, it's just what anyone with a few brain cells should have seen coming after we saw was was release in EA initially. This game is wonderfully modable and designed to be that way. It's just that until the game is stable, it's going to be frustrating to mod.

The modding community is wonderful, but they could never have made the game. TW is giving a scaled down vanilla version of the game. Seems good for everyone.

The sooner TW releases the simple, basic version of the game the better. The more they add, the longer it will take. It seems to be a simple concept. Why complain about missing features? Just let them polish the game that came out 2 years ago and get out of the way.

The sooner TW releases the simple, basic version of the game the better. The more they add, the longer it will take. It seems to be a simple concept. Why complain about missing features? Just let them polish the game that came out 2 years ago and get out of the way.

Multiple reasons;

A: Taleworlds can deliver a more stable product than relying on modders to do it. With a complete, fun base for the vanilla game that is a good sequel to Warband, that means we don't have to install 10 different mods to get that to happen, that have potential conflicts with other mods and cause crashes. Mods should be for expanding a good base game, not for making the base game good.

B: Bugfixes and performance fixes will need to keep coming for months or years. So even if Taleworlds did stop adding features, patches will keep coming out and breaking mods, and just like they do now modders will occasionally lose interest and stop updating their mods.

C: Taleworlds received at least 300 million dollars for this game which sold itself as a sequel to Warband. Unpaid modders shouldn't be the ones putting in the work.

D: The higher quality the base game is, the more enthusiastic modders will be to work on it.

E: Bloc and other modders have demonstrated that the missing Warband features are, by and large, actually not that much work to implement. Apparently for just Bloc working alone, it took him 1 day to make deserters and manhunters, an hour to make bandit ambushes, 1 day to make skillbooks, 2-3 hours to make the Nervous Man quest (without knowing much about quests because he isn't a TW employee - for whom it would be even easier), and 1 hour to make Belligerent Drunk. Taleworlds managed these features just fine 10 years ago with 1⁄10 of the employees.

This is beyond egos, this is an act of showing reality to someone you love. As I see it, Bloc is only trying to trigger a reaction from Taleworlds so that they will take the blindfold off, pull their heads out of the hole they have buried them in and burst the bubble.

Now tell me, aren't all these Bloc's technical demonstrations just the manifestation of feedback at its finest? Mechanics like those that don't take an exorbitant amount of time to implement and that are very popular with the fanbase, why the hell haven't they been implemented? what vision is that then Taleworlds?
They haven't been implemented for the same reason as we've known for a while, that the management hasn't wanted to. Devs at TW can't just add whatever they want, that's not how game studios work.

And you are right, this is feedback. The whole "too complex" thing, by this point, has been shown to be just an excuse for them not adding something into the game. And, I can't deny that part of that is due to modders such as Bloc, who are incredibly talented. However, part of this also reeks of ego, partly due to Bloc's own past comments and the comments he chooses to like in reply to those videos.

They haven't been implemented for the same reason as we've known for a while, that the management hasn't wanted to. Devs at TW can't just add whatever they want, that's not how game studios work.

And you are right, this is feedback. The whole "too complex" thing, by this point, has been shown to be just an excuse for them not adding something into the game. And, I can't deny that part of that is due to modders such as Bloc, who are incredibly talented. However, part of this also reeks of ego, partly due to Bloc's own past comments and the comments he chooses to like in reply to those videos.
Imagine a modder that doesn't mod for their own satisfaction, besides I have no idea why are you taking it against Bloc at all, and calling him egotistical, not only it has nothing to do with the problem here but it's also an accusation as if he was commiting a crime or something

Last edited:
However, part of this also reeks of ego, partly due to Bloc's own past comments and the comments he chooses to like in reply to those videos.
Why would it matter what the motivation is?

This video/demo is a good thing because it demonstrates to everyone, Taleworlds included, that this feature which people want could be easily implemented. I'm not sure why it annoys you.

Back
Top Bottom