Block System Must Be Fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello dear developers, im already played 1000+ matches and want to say you about block system.

when you fix blocks delay? Or you dont gonna fix this? if not, just know, its horrible, when you think to block in last moment you get a hit.

There are already a few hundred threads about this issue, people are raging since the betas about it - you're not alone. It has been sucessfully ignored by the devs for several months. A very expensive ignorance that already led to thousands of quits and refunds (at least in my friendlist)

There are already a few hundred threads about this issue, people are raging since the betas about it - you're not alone. It has been sucessfully ignored by the devs for several months. A very expensive ignorance that already led to thousands of quits and refunds (at least in my friendlist)

Ye, its very sad.

((Physics™-based™)™ combat system)™

Dear developers, give me an answer when you fix it, thanks.
feels.jpg

Last edited:
The combat might look good on paper, but it’s fatal flaw is being unpredictable as hell. There’s no concrete laws, anything can happen... forces you into a play style that’s either super defensive or super spammy

Animations
Fixed a bug that prevents the late attack direction selection (that is made after readying starts) if both attack and defend keys were pressed at the same time beforehand. This also caused clients to see wrong attack animations on their characters when the same case is generated.
Whether it about this problem? :party: Patch Notes b1.4.2 show this fix.

Yeah the blocking is frustrating... so many times I think I have the block only to get hit. I get what they were going for... I mean obviously in real life nothing is instant... but this is also a video game and we are playing over the internet...
But also swinging feels so slow to me.

Yeah the blocking is frustrating... so many times I think I have the block only to get hit. I get what they were going for... I mean obviously in real life nothing is instant... but this is also a video game and we are playing over the internet...
But also swinging feels so slow to me.
Yep. IRL the footwork and your movements coming together are pretty much subconconscious, no one in their right mind would think to actively correct their stance in the middle of a fight. It just won't work and I again have no clue how they did not figure this in 8 ****ing years of development.

this is also an issue in single player where blocks dont do anything and the ai just hit through it which is another reason to moan about the combat in this game as ping is not an issue is single player i havnt touched the multiplayer since the beta and probably wont for a long time until some major changes are fixed and mods released

Yep. IRL the footwork and your movements coming together are pretty much subconconscious, no one in their right mind would think to actively correct their stance in the middle of a fight. It just won't work and I again have no clue how they did not figure this in 8 ****ing years of development.

That’s a good way to put it. Also no elegant way to switch. I have to be full stopped and I can accidentally switch it. It could be nice but I’m constantly mashing on the buttons to switch stance to dodge missiles or stop my opponent from getting around my block to swipe me in the back to make it a consideration in any situation. Maybe double tap to switch could be an answer?

Block delay is a true problem, especially since servers now provide a pretty bad latency, especially outside of Europe.

Blocking with the Vlandian sharpshooter is almost impossible, for example.

Back
Top Bottom