BLOCK DIRECTION AND ATTACK DIRECTION

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear developers, the game turned out great, but why did you remove the automatic block and the direction of the blow relative to the enemy, playing at Warband at 8 years old is not very nice to adapt to the new game process, if you returned the automatic block and the attack against the enemy, the game would be great !!!

P.S: Turn on the camera with the horse in the first person - always add a mode, as in Warband
Thanks for game! :xf-wink: (y)

Last edited:
Directional shield blocking just changes the shield position. If the hit lands on the shield you still block.
The trouble with this is when you have one of the smaller shields, the enemy can just attack around them cause your guy sticks half his body outside of the shield's cover. You have to have a tower shield to avoid this. Also it's a pain to get the shield to go the direction you want, meaning you take a lot of hits you might otherwise not have. I'm all for directional blocking with weapons, but with shields it's just frustrating. I'd like my guy to just hold his shield in front of him rather than covering only his left or right sides.

There have been a dozen posts with dozens of pages each about this, not to mention they said that they will be adding auto block in the future

The search function is your friend

The trouble with this is when you have one of the smaller shields, the enemy can just attack around them cause your guy sticks half his body outside of the shield's cover. You have to have a tower shield to avoid this. Also it's a pain to get the shield to go the direction you want, meaning you take a lot of hits you might otherwise not have. I'm all for directional blocking with weapons, but with shields it's just frustrating. I'd like my guy to just hold his shield in front of him rather than covering only his left or right sides.

Just look straight infront of you, slightly down and you block like you would in warband. Smaller shields giving less protection seems logical to me.

This is not a redundant thread, the OP is asking about attacking by relative enemy position which is essential for some players to enjoy the control scheme. The missing autoblock took a lot of the attention, and it's just as important, but I've seen only 3 other people on here asking for relative attack direction. Blocking by relative position would be great too, but that wasn't in Warband either for some reason, which is why I personally used autoblock

Back
Top Bottom