Block Delay

Users who are viewing this thread

I completely agree with this comment. To the danger of being ridiculed, I would state that I would like to see some kind of block delay so that fights don't become as ridicule as they are in warband competitive gameplay. I am not saything do not remove block delay. Just for common sense to prevail.
There is block delay still and there was in warband... the ridiculousness of fights wasn’t about delay it was about feinting

Maybe your friends didnt want to play warband 3 years after release, but nobody is wanting to play BL months after...

I mean Bannerlord is in Early Acces and we already agree that it needs alot of work. While Warband was a finnished games and not even that old at that point. And I actually have three friends to play with, same group of friends that refused Warband. Speaks for itself mate.

Not implying that either my or my friends opinions are better than yours but there are not many people that would refuse to try a game for free. That would mean that said game would look painfully bad or wierd wich in the long run mean that new players wont try the game either.

Lets hope we can make Bannerlord the game Warband should have been wich we all can enjoy, with pleasant gameplay and a high skill ceiling for those hardcore fans. :smile:

The block delay in 1.5.0 is not as bad most of the time, but it's still there. But I've gone from being annoyed 100% of the time in melee combat because of block delay, to only being upset most of the time. So I suppose that's progress.

I mean Bannerlord is in Early Acces and we already agree that it needs alot of work. While Warband was a finnished games and not even that old at that point. And I actually have three friends to play with, same group of friends that refused Warband. Speaks for itself mate.

Not implying that either my or my friends opinions are better than yours but there are not many people that would refuse to try a game for free.
This is the dumbest comment I've read in a while.... So because 3 of your friends refuse to play a game that means that it's garbage?like what? Since when warband is free? There's Sh*t load of people who refuse to play DotA 2 or LoL or CS does that mean that the game is sh*t? All of them are free games but people DON'T EVEN BOTHER TRYING THE GAME OUT or they just play 1 game and never touch it again. My man I don't know if you were high when you were writing that comment but something is definitely wrong with you lol that's actually the dumbest comment I've read in a while....

This is the dumbest comment I've read in a while.... So because 3 of your friends refuse to play a game that means that it's garbage?like what? Since when warband is free? There's Sh*t load of people who refuse to play DotA 2 or LoL or CS does that mean that the game is sh*t? All of them are free games but people DON'T EVEN BOTHER TRYING THE GAME OUT or they just play 1 game and never touch it again. My man I don't know if you were high when you were writing that comment but something is definitely wrong with you lol that's actually the dumbest comment I've read in a while....
+1

Read my previous comments. Also I literally said that my freinds opinions are not better then anyone else and I've stated many times that I think Warband was fun.

I dont really understand what you're raging about but you should chill out and try to discuss in a somewhat civilized manner.

DoTA, Cs and LoL however have millions of players month after month year after year while Warband was allmost never over 10-15k except at rare months where they once reached 32k (wich is the highest ever) the month after 32 they went right down to 10222 players. One month they reached 23k and there are some other months when they scratched at about 17k. So over in a 8 year span they literally only have 3 month

No matter what you say facts say that Warband never had a big community, 10-15k is considered low in the gaming industry and what I meant with my friends that would'nt even try it because it looked to ridiculous even tho I would buy it to them points to the fact that there are probably more then them who thinks that. If you can gain a much larger gaming community by making it look atleast somewhat serious it's a big win for everyone.

Just to make it clear since you seem to jump to conclussion I'm not saying that high amount of players equals great game but 10k is absolutely nothing.

Read my previous comments. Also I literally said that my freinds opinions are not better then anyone else and I've stated many times that I think Warband was fun.

I dont really understand what you're raging about but you should chill out and try to discuss in a somewhat civilized manner.

DoTA, Cs and LoL however have millions of players month after month year after year while Warband was allmost never over 10-15k except at rare months where they once reached 32k (wich is the highest ever) the month after 32 they went right down to 10222 players. One month they reached 23k and there are some other months when they scratched at about 17k. So over in a 8 year span they literally only have 3 month

No matter what you say facts say that Warband never had a big community, 10-15k is considered low in the gaming industry and what I meant with my friends that would'nt even try it because it looked to ridiculous even tho I would buy it to them points to the fact that there are probably more then them who thinks that. If you can gain a much larger gaming community by making it look atleast somewhat serious it's a big win for everyone.

Just to make it clear since you seem to jump to conclussion I'm not saying that high amount of players equals great game but 10k is absolutely nothing.
Maybe because people don't enjoy the genre of the game? Which game like warband or bannerlord has more then 10k players? Yes all those games have million players because they can simply make money out of those games, and these 10-15k people who are playing warband& bannerlord actually enjoy it. 95% of the games where player community is more then 50k are the games where you can at least make a dime and that's why they have alot of players. if TW hosted more then 1 tournament in 10years I'm pretty sure the player base would increase. Why you think everyone jumped on valorant? All those PRO CS players just switched to valorant because they knew that their careers wouldn't progress in CS and they simply switches to make more money.

Maybe because people don't enjoy the genre of the game? Which game like warband or bannerlord has more then 10k players? Yes all those games have million players because they can simply make money out of those games, and these 10-15k people who are playing warband& bannerlord actually enjoy it. 95% of the games where player community is more then 50k are the games where you can at least make a dime and that's why they have alot of players. if TW hosted more then 1 tournament in 10years I'm pretty sure the player base would increase. Why you think everyone jumped on valorant? All those PRO CS players just switched to valorant because they knew that their careers wouldn't progress in CS and they simply switches to make more money.

So it all boils down to people not liking the genre? Not anything with the game itself? Do you even notice how strange that sounds? Even games like AoE have a bigger playerbase wich comes from the considered dead genre of RTS and is like 20 years old and I'm not only talking about the defenitive edition.

So you're basically implying that there is no improvements possible in Warband? If that is your opinion we can stop discussing but dont come here and say that I am an idiot because I strongly belive there is alot of things that can improve from Warband going into Bannerlord.

You can think whatever you want about the game and so can I. The differense is that I'm trying to better the game and you want it to be the same.

Also no those games looks serious and good on a competetive level, people can watch those games on elite level and still understand the mechanics and why this guy is better than that guy or why exactly this team won over that team. Looking at Warband on elite level it's impossible for an outstander to ****ing understand what hell is going on. Most people just like my friends would just laugh and be like "what the **** is this ****?" That is why Warband never can have a serious competetive platform and I for one would like Bannerlord to have that.

But you can deny it all you want and say "To many scrubbs on planet earth that dont understand a good game when they see one" but that wont help much.

So it all boils down to people not liking the genre? Not anything with the game itself? Do you even notice how strange that sounds? Even games like AoE have a bigger playerbase wich comes from the considered dead genre of RTS and is like 20 years old and I'm not only talking about the defenitive edition.

So you're basically implying that there is no improvements possible in Warband? If that is your opinion we can stop discussing but dont come here and say that I am an idiot because I strongly belive there is alot of things that can improve from Warband going into Bannerlord.

You can think whatever you want about the game and so can I. The differense is that I'm trying to better the game and you want it to be the same.

Also no those games looks serious and good on a competetive level, people can watch those games on elite level and still understand the mechanics and why this guy is better than that guy or why exactly this team won over that team. Looking at Warband on elite level it's impossible for an outstander to ****ing understand what hell is going on. Most people just like my friends would just laugh and be like "what the **** is this ****?" That is why Warband never can have a serious competetive platform and I for one would like Bannerlord to have that.

But you can deny it all you want and say "To many scrubbs on planet earth that dont understand a good game when they see one" but that wont help much.
Where did I say that bannerlord doesn't need improvement quote me on that one please and thank you, and one more question how are people suppose to understand who is better then who in warband or bannerlord? Simple who shoots better is a better cav and INF? Like if you don't understand what's going on during warband competitive games you HAVE TO BE DUMB, because there's only 3 classes that gets selected inf, cav and archers, nothing else everyone is waiting for the flag spawn or they just fight. And one more thing if you don't understand what's going on in bannerlord or warband competitive because it's rly simple HOW ON THE EARTH YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON IN DOTA 2 COMPETITIVE GAMES?????? There's 10 different characters with each character having 4 different skills and 5 different positions that people play, all the ganks and all the wardings. I'll tell you something EVEN if an outsider watches competitive warband he will understand what is going on because of the stream settings of warband where it literally says who is playing Archer who is playing cav and who is playing inf and it also shows the hp of the players, on the other hand I still watch some of the league streams and I have no clue what is going on in some situations because of the different skills every character has. So the conclusion is that if and outsider can't understand warband competitive streams and he can understand DotA 2 well I guess just start playing the game because you will be a pro in 1 year.

EDIT: so the outsider won't understand what is going on here https://m.twitch.tv/videos/45371695
but he can understand what is going on in a final of international in DotA 2? Ok

Dota 2 is more accessible and better to watch than Warband, sure. Because the developers have taken the fact into account that they're developing a competitive esports game. That is something which was never conceived for Warband. Understandability is something else though, but you get an understanding of whats going on quite quickly in a Dota match, once you'll be open to it. I can't say that for Warband the same way, I'm sorry.
If this fact is now getting denied aswell, the "Warband best comp game ever"-eco-chamber sinks completely down into the schizo delusions.

Once again, this comes from a player who played Warband for 8 years, before the casual discussion starts again.

DotA 2 is way more watchable than Warband. Understandability is something else though.
I agree with you but the thing this dude is saying that a outsider can't understand what is going on in warband and an outsider understandswhat is going on in DotA 2 is ridiculous. And I forgot about the active items with which you can disappear, slow the enemy down, heal up and etc.

Last edited:
I said Warband not Bannerlord.

No it's hard to understand the skill gap in Warband. Exactly what makes you better than this guy you defeated? Is there anything I can admire in your victory? Was anything impressive? Mostly not, it mostly looks like pure musscle memory and quick clicks and that's about it.

In no way am I saying that Warband is a dumb game because that is not true, it requires massive skills the problem is that if someone who have never played it sees it he cant understand it. DoTA does a much better job in relaying those skills, showing things like timing, map control, GPM, ganks, late game, early game etc. etc. All of those things are very clear in DoTA.

Can you tell me what make one sword wielder better than the other sword wielder in Warband.

Also watchable was one of my strongest points wich you seemed to ignore and just went on the understandable part. It has to look somewhat serious and not like a total sh!t fest.

I agree with you but the thing this dude is saying that a outsider can't understand what is going on in warband and an outsider understandswhat is going on in DotA 2 is ridiculous
The outsider will understand quicker in Dota 2 than one understands the mechanics of a warband match.

This is no issue. No problem. Dota 2 has a budget way higher than what TW even can hope to achieve in Armagan's fever dreams and was designed for this, Warband was not even considered an esports-title, thats what the community made out of it. People here in this forum actually have to get down the horse that Warband was an awesome game to watch. If you are dedicated diehard fan - yes. If not, people laugh at it. I've seen that when I showed this to outsiders of this scene. "Wtf, this combat duuuuude!" all the ****. Also objectives were not as clear nor considered "fair" by the observers.

No it's hard to understand the skill gap in Warband. Exactly what makes you better than this guy you defeated? Is there anything I can admire in your victory? Was anything impressive? Mostly not, it mostly looks like pure musscle memory and quick clicks and that's about it.

In no way am I saying that Warband is a dumb game because that is not true, it requires massive skills the problem is that if someone who have never played it sees it he cant understand it. DoTA does a much better job in relaying those skills, showing things like timing, map control, GPM, ganks, late game, early game etc. etc. All of those things are very clear in DoTA.

Can you tell me what make one sword wielder better than the other sword wielder in Warband.

Also watchable was one of my strongest points wich you seemed to ignore and just went on the understandable part. It has to look somewhat serious and not like a total sh!t fest.
I stand by my point, Dota 2 is easier to understand of whats going actually on and what the roles of certain heroes are and what abilities do, if you're open to it. I can't say the same about Warband Streams, I'm sorry. Oh, and I have highest respect for these dudes running the battlestreams. Really.

The outsider will understand quicker in Dota 2 than one understands the mechanics of a warband match.

This is no issue. No problem. Dota 2 has a budget way higher than what TW even can hope to achieve in Armagan's fever dreams and was designed for this, Warband was not even considered an esports-title, thats what the community made out of it. People here in this forum actually have to get down the horse that Warband was an awesome game to watch. If you are dedicated diehard fan - yes. If not, people laugh at it. I've seen that when I showed this to outsiders of this scene. "Wtf, this combat duuuuude!" all the ****. Also objectives were not as clear nor considered "fair" by the observers

I stand by my point, Dota 2 is easier to understand of whats going actually on and what the roles of certain heroes are and what abilities do, if you're open to it. I can't say the same about Warband Streams, I'm sorry. Oh, and I have highest respect for these dudes running the battlestreams. Really.
As I said again I agree with you that DotA 2 is more interesting to watch, but let's say this there's a guy who never played warband and there's a guy who never played games like DotA 2 before, he watches both streams 1 time and you're telling me that he will FULLY understand what is going on In DotA 2 more then warband? If your answer is yes well I'm done here and gl my dude. Under fully I mean character counters special item builds to counter the characters warding, ganks the character skills and etc

Last edited:

i'd find it easier to understand 2 guys hitting each others with a sword ( whatever the compexity of movements involved, tricks and feints whatever) than having 10000000000000000 coloured characters in DOTA or LOL doing god knows what and why .. P.s i never played Lol or Dota

As I said again I agree with you that DotA 2 is more interesting to watch, but let's say this there's a guy who never played warband and there's a guy who never played games like DotA 2 before, he watches both streams 1 time and you're telling me that he will FULLY understand what is going on In DotA 2 more then warband? If your answer is yes well I'm done here and gl my dude

It's not about understanding the fundamental part, that's simply not interesting at all. How can someone admire your skill levels in Warband? The point is that someone is'nt going to watch just once but do it multiple times.

i'd find it easier to understand 2 guys hitting each others with a sword ( whatever the compexity of movements involved, tricks and feints whatever) than having 10000000000000000 coloured characters in DOTA or LOL doing god knows what and why .. P.s i never played Lol or Dota

Easier to understand the fundamentals sure but not exactly why the other guy was better than the one he won over. Then it becomes super boring.

Immagine if Bannerlord could become that game that atleast has a chanse on a big competetive platform, would'nt you want it?

It's not about understanding the fundamental part, that's simply not interesting at all. How can someone admire your skill levels in Warband? The point is that someone is'nt going to watch just once but do it multiple times.

Easier to understand the fundamentals sure but not exactly why the other guy was better than the one he won over. Then it becomes super boring.

Immagine if Bannerlord could become that game that atleast has a chanse on a big competetive platform, would'nt you want it?
WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT INTERESTING PART HERE I SAID IF THE SAME PERSON THAT NEVER PLAYED WARBAND OR GAMES LIKE DOTA 2 AND HE WATCHES 1 STREAM OF EACH GAME WHAT WILL BE EASIER TO UNDERSTAND???? WHO TF IS TALKING ABOUT INTERESTING HERE MY DUDE OPEN YOU EYES AND LEARN HOW TO READ. you're a rly one special aren't you? Oh and I wrote this in caps maybe you will pay attention to what I'm writing

Dota 2 is more accessible and better to watch than Warband, sure. Because the developers have taken the fact into account that they're developing a competitive esports game. That is something which was never conceived for Warband. Understandability is something else though, but you get an understanding of whats going on quite quickly in a Dota match, once you'll be open to it. I can't say that for Warband the same way, I'm sorry.
If this fact is now getting denied aswell, the "Warband best comp game ever"-eco-chamber sinks completely down into the schizo delusions.

Once again, this comes from a player who played Warband for 8 years, before the casual discussion starts again.
Who the **** claims warband had the best competitive scene. Can you tell me who so i can hit their head

Back
Top Bottom