BLOC - Cold War Political Simulation Game

Users who are viewing this thread

It always said 4000, that's how much it takes to prospect for more oil. I could also build a new factory at 3000, but that doesn't have immediate benefits like oil prospecting does, so I'd rather just wait for my GDP to fill up for that. Thanks for the money, though. :smile:

I need about 2000 more to prospect for oil, and 1000 more for a factory, if your so inclined. :smile:

Very much appreciated, thank you. :smile:

Is there any way to stop QoL from deteriorating naturally?

No, the best you can do is build a hospital or school occasionally. It was intended to give you a reason to spend money outside of your military, though it comes off very poorly.

I'm pretty much secure in terms of Military (202k personnel,almost modern, elite and very powerful airforce), so I think I'll devote some resources towards donations, if anyone needs any cash just hit me with a message and I'll supply.

Ok, I can wait. :smile:
What do people think of my military? Is it not good enough for my GDP? :???:

As a rule of thumb, always recruit if you're at 'Untapped' no matter how many men you have. As for your standing army, you want at least 100k men. Below that and you're an easy target. Above that and you're a tough target unless they have support. At 200k you're hard to touch even with support, unless you get caught in a two front war. At 300k you're pretty safe regardless, though suicide attackers can still take you down in an alliance war.

It's broken right now. It seems to be replenishing at half the normal rate for most people, and quite a few people don't seem to be gaining any manpower at all. I'd blame that on Heidi, but it's been broken since before Rumsod's sabbatical.

He logs on to the game about once a week, but no one has heard anything from him since Christmas. He never answered any of my emails, PMs, or comms, most of which were about urgent moderation related items, so things aren't looking good. People are starting to cheat, simply because its the only way to compete with the cheaters.

Personally, I've moved on to >Clop, which is a lot harder to start but quite a bit of fun once you're about a week in.

I like that it has a lot more pressing need from the player, with demands that can only be met by trading externally. Combined with the newly introduced natural disasters that can create global shortages, and it feels a lot more satisfying than just buying some oil to build tanks.

Back
Top Bottom