BLENDER PROBLEMS

Users who are viewing this thread

Im looking on modifying the mb skeletons, i exported it as a smd file and used the smd importer/exporter plugin (the plugin requires blender .44 so i got it) i have python 2.6.1 and python 2.4.4 but when i run blender it says it cant find python. HELP! ive already gone to system settings - enviroment variables and put the path to my python directory but still nothing!

EDIT: nvm! too anyone who ran into the same problem, when blender starts up at the start of the console/command screen it will show the version of python it was created with or something similar. download that version of python and set it as your enviroment variable in system advanced settings- enviroment variables - path!

But there is another problem. i exported the human skeleton and when i try to import it in blender it doesnt show up at all! even though there are no errors in the blender console.

EDit: I used the hl2 importer instead and imported it as a static smd mesh. now i tried to exported with the mb smd exporter (hl2 one does not work) and it gives me erropr saying that the skeleton needs face uv's?!

I will NOT buy 3dsmax, its 3000 dollars and dont have the money.

You can't modify the mb skeletons.. skeleton animation only.
Use last software version http://steamreview.org/BlenderSourceTools/

First import skin, after animation:
      1.  File -> Import -> .smd -> human_skin_A.SMD
      2. File -> Import -> .smd -> stand_man.SMD (for example)

human_skin_A.SMD & stand_man.SMD you can export from OpenBRF

CutContent said:
Cant modify the skeletons? But the TLD mod has lots of new skeletons with different proportions.

You can modify skeletons, yes.

I did that to the flesh golems I made for Blood & Steel, I repositioned the shoulders bones a bit farther away from each other and upwards, and it worked nicely.

But beware, as you change bone positions it will affect the animations, so you can't do anything too extreme.

SacredStoneHead said:
But beware, as you change bone positions it will affect the animations, so you can't do anything too extreme.
Or you can do something too extreme and change the animations to match. :smile:

SacredStoneHead said:
Use Blender.

Read the 2nd post

But there is another problem. i exported the human skeleton and when i try to import it in blender it doesnt show up at all! even though there are no errors in the blender console.

EDit: I used the hl2 importer instead and imported it as a static smd mesh. now i tried to exported with the mb smd exporter (hl2 one does not work) and it gives me erropr saying that the skeleton needs face uv's?!

I will NOT buy 3dsmax, its 3000 dollars and dont have the money.

CutContent said:
So what you're saying is that I can make giant hunched back trolls and midgets just in openbrf without having to use an importer or any other program!?  :mrgreen:
I'm pretty certain you'll find that impossible or at least extremely difficult to pull off properly. Warband (and maybe M&B) might allow individual skeletons for different races, but there's only one set of animations.

CutContent said:
SacredStoneHead said:
Use Blender.

Read the 2nd post

I read it, if you can't do things right don't blame the program.

You seriously hope to import a skeleton exporting a static mesh? You know what static means, right?

Also about that talk about Python, there's no need for it to use Blender since forever, so you're downloading a jurassic version of Blender and blaming the program.

Suggestion: go to www.blender.org, download the 2.72b version, install Blender Source Tools and try again.

What I did was simple. I changed the bone position in Edit mode and scaled the skeleton, exported and imported into OpenBRF, there's nothing complicated about that process.

Now setting up the races and **** are another step, but then it has nothing else to do with editing skeletons.

I also imported simply as an smd with the mb smd import and export tool and didnt work at all, model didnt show up. but ill try your suggestion, will update soon

Back
Top Bottom