Blasted Blue Bloods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashmond

Sergeant at Arms
I want to assign a few armors to select royal ladies.  Simply adding them into the troops module doesn't work, at least not in the mod that I'm currently molesting for personal tastes.  I suspect that a call to the factions module, or some such, is overriding the changes that I make in the troops code.  I can't make heads or tails of it though.  :oops: 

Also, this lead to an interest in assigning specific clothing to the different faction ladies, for such a time when I'm ready to try adding my own faction.  I'd like the ladies to be uniformly dressed and unique among the other factions.

So, how do I go about doing this?  For now, I'd just like to make these changes to a select few of the original factions.  I'm requesting a list of modules, the operations required (and how to use them if they're not common or are included in the script module) and perhaps a small example tuple for each module?

I am fairly certain all of that is in script_add_lady_items. Basically it generates a seed, and then goes through a bunch of faction/personality checks for clothing. Then matching headgear are assigned based on that. It's fairly simple to understand, just change the desired faction/item references.

Thanks!  You're right, at least that portion of the scripts module is comprehensible for me.  So strange that this question isn't answered in all of the tutorials and general posts that I searched and read.  Of course I didn't know what to look for when searching the script module... If that is common knowledge, then I'm in trouble.

Okay, what I have now is sporadic behaviour.  The ladies are using clothing that is removed from within "add_lady_items" script.  Also, others sometimes use what I've specified, but the usage is very sparse, otherwise they're just in their underwear.  Seems adding itp_civilian to the select armor tuples in items is a must for them to show...  So, anymore suggestions?  I'm really trying to find where this may tie into other scripts or processes with no luck.

cd5ed293.jpg

f3472e04.jpg

It's obvious that Lady Tibal doesn't appreciate wearing an armor that doesn't match her skintone.
Make sure the armor doesn't have any strength requirements <insert sexist joke here>, and add them to both the troop item tuple and script_add_lady_items.

Also sometimes they wont wear some equipment if they have imobits_armor stuff. I had problems with that when I wanted to give plate armors to claimants and lords (when they was inside lords hall), they just appeared naked there. Try to change it to imobits_cloth and that maybe can work.

iggorbb said:
Also sometimes they wont wear some equipment if they have imobits_armor stuff. I had problems with that when I wanted to give plate armors to claimants and lords (when they was inside lords hall), they just appeared naked there. Try to change it to imobits_cloth and that maybe can work.

A great point.  If I ever try something significant on my own with the native modules, maybe I'll remember this, so thanks! 
Right now I'm trying to learn by only doing small things within an established mod that makes no use of imobits code. 
Seems to be working now, except I didn't realize there were skin tone issues with some of the armor I want to use.

Back
Top Bottom