Need More Info Blank texture, game freezes(1.8.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Came here to share a workaround I've stumbled into for my fellow Win7/8 users. I got curious and started ProcMon64 so I could get some info on what was happening up just before it froze... and it simply doesn't. Texture loading performance in general is also much better. Only god knows why it works, but I'm sure the devs would be very interested to know as I imagine other debugging tools running alongside it may also prevent replication of this show-stopper of a bug.

The default log size of ProcMon64 is something like 199 million entries which over a long playthrough is sure to eat up significant RAM, but if you lower it to the minimum 1 million entries it won't be so bad. I don't know if you can grab it by itself either but it's part of the System Internals Suite hosted on Microsoft somewhere, won't be hard to find if you don't already have it.

Came here to share a workaround I've stumbled into for my fellow Win7/8 users. I got curious and started ProcMon64 so I could get some info on what was happening up just before it froze... and it simply doesn't. Texture loading performance in general is also much better. Only god knows why it works, but I'm sure the devs would be very interested to know as I imagine other debugging tools running alongside it may also prevent replication of this show-stopper of a bug.

The default log size of ProcMon64 is something like 199 million entries which over a long playthrough is sure to eat up significant RAM, but if you lower it to the minimum 1 million entries it won't be so bad. I don't know if you can grab it by itself either but it's part of the System Internals Suite hosted on Microsoft somewhere, won't be hard to find if you don't already have it.
confirm. works on win 7x64 with your work around, thanks!

How does ProcMon64 work exactly ? I can't figure how it's supposed to work. Thanks
Normally on first run there's a EULA to accept, and after that when run it'll pull up a window for configuring event filters. If it doesn't automatically begin event capture it can be manually started under file -> capture events. Under options -> history depth you can lower the maximum events it will hold on to. I do seem to have to leave it running the entire time though, when I tried turning it off after getting past character creation / save loading, it resulted in models not getting loaded after any scene change.

After the latest hotfix (22/7/2022) the loading performance issues seem to be fixed. In my rig, the game loads properly in Custom Battle as well as in sandbox/campaign. As far as I'm concerned this should be fixed; I hope others with W7 OS have found their way to a solution with the official patch.

Hi Everyone :smile:

I have the same exact result as #1 post where it freezes at the Character review screen and there is just floating head/neck with forearms. Looks hilarious but also frustrating because I wanted to start playing again.

This happens while I am starting a new campaign. I should also note that when I am going through the 'growing-up' choices the parent characters disappear after first choice. If i remember correctly a child character would be shown but I see no character until the floating head/neck and forearms in the review, just like in #1 post.

No mods.
Validated integrity of files on steam.
Even enabled administrative privileges for Bannerlord.exe
Game is NOT installed on the OS drive.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX970
GPU Driver Version: 473.62
CPU: i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD (game NOT installed on C: Drive (OS drive))

I also tried running in safe mode, upon restarting the game, from the prompt that pops up. Same result of freezing at review.

This actually fixed the issue. Thanks

After the latest hotfix (22/7/2022) the loading performance issues seem to be fixed. In my rig, the game loads properly in Custom Battle as well as in sandbox/campaign. As far as I'm concerned this should be fixed; I hope others with W7 OS have found their way to a solution with the official patch.
Is this completely fixed for you or anyone else here? I tried forgoing process monitor for some testing and was able to get past character creation and save loading at least, but in large battles with multiple waves of reinforcements I still had issues with some invisible soldiers and textures not fully loading for armor types not present in the first wave.

Is this completely fixed for you or anyone else here? I tried forgoing process monitor for some testing and was able to get past character creation and save loading at least, but in large battles with multiple waves of reinforcements I still had issues with some invisible soldiers and textures not fully loading for armor types not present in the first wave.
For me it has been fixed (partially, because although the loading is working fine, it's true that it takes a bit longer to load or it doesn't load in the same way as it did in previous patches). The important thing, at least for me, is that I can launch Custom Battles and sandbox/campaigns in a normal way for testing/modding purposes... and that's pretty much :iamamoron:.

I didn't try that method you mentioned (ProcMon64) and although it worked for some users, it's only Taleworlds who is supposed/have to fix these things officially... that's why we players bother to give feedback and catch bugs.

Normally on first run there's a EULA to accept, and after that when run it'll pull up a window for configuring event filters. If it doesn't automatically begin event capture it can be manually started under file -> capture events. Under options -> history depth you can lower the maximum events it will hold on to. I do seem to have to leave it running the entire time though, when I tried turning it off after getting past character creation / save loading, it resulted in models not getting loaded after any scene change.
Most Insane fix I've ever seen, you're a godsend, helping fix this 4 hour struggle when im just fiending to cave some virtual skulls

22/07 did fix it for me but latest one broke it again in the same way. Plus now when i go back to 1.7.2 i need to delete language files to play. It's quite painful because i really liked 1.8.0 new features

Wait. I just need only to run ProcMon, ten launvh the game and that's it?
Pretty much, this is all assuming you're running Windows 7 or 8. Just be sure to either limit the log size to its smallest or configure the filter to not catch anything and drop filtered events, the default configuration will eat your RAM.

I believe the issue is also present in 1.7.2 but much less severely, can still freeze after large battles.

Pretty much, this is all assuming you're running Windows 7 or 8. Just be sure to either limit the log size to its smallest or configure the filter to not catch anything and drop filtered events, the default configuration will eat your RAM.

I believe the issue is also present in 1.7.2 but much less severely, can still freeze after large battles.
Holy Mother Of God, it fu***ng worked. You're a miracle worker

Back
Top Bottom