Need More Info Blank texture, game freezes(1.8.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Morning Star

Veteran
摘要
vuAqqu2j.jpg

The game is stuck on this interface, no response, no error report
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

same issue for me, using win7 64 . Textures are not loading on character creation and then it just freezes

Edit: rolled back to 1.7.2 (live version), no issues there for me.

Last edited:
Have you tried verifying the game files after the update? Also your PC Specs would really help. Could you also share them please?
Did clean reinstal, did not help . Don't have this issue on the live steam version (1.7.2)

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 640 2GB
GPU Driver Version: 473.04
CPU:Intel I5-2500K, 3400 MHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3-1333
Motherboard: Gygabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 v1

Have you tried verifying the game files after the update? Also your PC Specs would really help. Could you also share them please?
Yes, verified twice, didn't help so I reinstalled the game, still the same thing. Also when I switch back to 1.7 works just fine.
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10gb
GPU Driver Version: 512.95
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
RAM: 32gb DDR4-3200
Motherboard: Aorus gaming 7 z370
Storage Device: Samsung evo 960 1tb

Last edited:
I have verified the game but still the same error
After switching to 1.7.1 everything works fine
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB
GPU Driver Version: 461.40
CPU:Intel I5-3470K, 3.20GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1666
Storage Device: INTEL SDD 5 256G

Last edited:
Hey M.Arda, I hope everything is going well for you ?

This has to be some problem related to loading process under windows 7, here another related example.

In my case (i7 2600k+8GB ram + GTX1060 6GB) Bannerlord has always responded well, as you know. The problem like the rest of people here is that after installing this beta version 1.8.0 (twice + file verification x2) the game always stuck me "in infinite loading screen" after launching a custom battle or in the character creation window at the beginning of the new sanbox starting game (just like in the OP's SS).

Very weird... no gaming... no testing... no modding...

Somehow I fixed in my end, so I was playing in 1.7 and decided to start a new game, to my surprise this bug was still there, but only when I did one of 2 things, either selected empire origin and vagabonds fathers (idk why, but the texture of them specifically won´t load) or select everything in the growing up option really fast (so changing options really fast). So I search for every folder I had on mount and blade and deleted, there was some folders at NVIDIA main folder (thought was weird, but they saved something there), also NVIDIA released a new driver, so I installed, after this, I deleted bannerlord via steam, I decided to tried to install in the other SSD, the one I run windows on it, so I downloaded bannelord straight to 1.8, I started the game, the loading screen took more than usual to load (maybe because it was in a nvme and now is in a traditional SSD), after the game opened I went to a sandbox to start a new game, selected every option possible, no bug, I was able to start a new game.
Ps. When you go really fast through options, the character still disappears, but this time doesn't crash or freeze the screen, if you select another option goes back to normal

I Hope this help.

Sincerely.

We will try to reproduce this on our end with a Win 7 PC. Thanks!

Thanks man i hope everything is going well for you too!
It is very weird. I didn't want to... but in the end I did a 100% clean install of the game (previously deleted without a trace of any file and reinstalled). Well, although the benchmark test (smooth and fluid) with everything on high/very high sets a good 75-85 fps peaks, I still get the infinite loading screens both after launching custom battle or in last character edit screen of new gameplay sandbox... very weird.

I've never experienced anything like this before. I can't play, I can't test, I can't mod...?

It seems to have gone quiet on this topic. Any new info? Are Talewords looking into It?
I am also using Windows 7 and cannot get past the character creation screen without it permanently freezing.
Beta 1.7.1 is super stable for me but 1.7.2 suffers constant crashes and 1.8.0 looks like it is incompatible with Windows 7.
Not using any mods. Done a clean install on a different drive. Updated gpu driver, verified files but still missing character textures and still the problem persists. Hope it gets fixed soon

Back
Top Bottom