Native Completed Blademaster Duel Tournament -Complete-

Users who are viewing this thread

59077425.jpg
HKP said:
i dont think u gain any advantage tbh
tried it with him but he confused himself more than me with that i cant picture a situation where switching from inverse to normal is good
just swapping to normal would make me a bot by now

Mynes said:
59077425.jpg
HKP said:
tried it with him but he confused himself more than me with that i cant picture a situation where switching from inverse to normal is good

i find several uses of it, just because you're incapable of finding it doesn't mean it's not cheating

Shemaforash said:
Mynes said:
59077425.jpg
HKP said:

i find several uses of it, just because you're incapable of finding it doesn't mean it's not cheating
Apart from switching to normal (easier to swing with 1h as cav) I can't think of any other use of it. Knowing that you're not an inverse player, maybe you can enlighten us on how it can be advantageous as inf  :roll:
By the way, I was just demonstrating the possibility of switching between normal and inverse as requested by roflmao. I don't know what makes you think I'm actually using it in-game lol

Please don't normalize using external software to cheat. Anyone I perceive to be switching input methods on the fly, faster than a human can go into the menu to do it, will be permanently banned on the ludus with no take-backsies.

Sorry I'm holding things up, should be able to do my next match this weekend.

There are already players that can use both, Arni for one. Being able to rapidly switch after learning both styles would make you much more unpredictable since attack direction changes your animations and how you use your footwork depending on input. It could easily give an advantage if mastered and since it's unavailable to 99% it is cheating.

how come switching between styles does not give you any advantage? you'd do it to confuse your enemy would not you?

using any software that helps you do something to get advantage without touching in game settings must be considered as cheating.

It definitely shouldn't be allowed to switch between the two using external software, as said above, but I need to fight against this inverse hate speech as some people still seem to be pretending inverse does things it doesn't.

OurGloriousLeader said:
There are already players that can use both, Arni for one. Being able to rapidly switch after learning both styles would make you much more unpredictable since attack direction changes your animations and how you use your footwork depending on input. It could easily give an advantage if mastered and since it's unavailable to 99% it is cheating.

I don't really notice a difference between Arni's two styles other than he's slightly more defensive when he uses inverse. It doesn't make any real difference because the animations do not change at all. Changing which way you have to move your mouse does not create new animations with are otherwise impossible to do. Even "inverse feints" can be done using Normal just as Normal feints can be done using inverse. Inverse doesn't open doors for unseen footwork tech as it actually makes it more difficult to spam since you have to move your mouse against your character movement rather than into it. In this regard it is totally inferior to normal and frankly it doesn't have anywhere near as many benefits as people pretend. Even this downside isn't that big as it's more than possible to do it anyway with a little extra effort, just as it's possible to do inverse feints using Normal with a little extra effort.

RoryTheGreat said:
why does inverse seem give the animation a little extra speed for some reason ?
Fietta said:
Speed, your sword isn't actually 'faster' but it's your movement that makes you faster. When you do a left hit you move right. When you do a left swing, the sword moves from left to a ~35 degree angle to the right, this means that when you move right and do a left swing, your sword is already touching their hitbox making instant slashes.

This is what actually makes it appear that inverse swings are faster, however they are not. The same animations are used for both therefore inverse can't really be any faster than normal. It's all about the movement and positioning of inverse which gives the sense of faster swings.

Gibby Jr said:
It definitely shouldn't be allowed to switch between the two using external software, as said above, but I need to fight against this inverse hate speech as some people still seem to be pretending inverse does things it doesn't.

OurGloriousLeader said:

I don't really notice a difference between Arni's two styles other than he's slightly more defensive when he uses inverse. It doesn't make any real difference because the animations do not change at all. Changing which way you have to move your mouse does not create new animations with are otherwise impossible to do. Even "inverse feints" can be done using Normal just as Normal feints can be done using inverse. Inverse doesn't open doors for unseen footwork tech as it actually makes it more difficult to spam since you have to move your mouse against your character movement rather than into it. In this regard it is totally inferior to normal and frankly it doesn't have anywhere near as many benefits as people pretend. Even this downside isn't that big as it's more than possible to do it anyway with a little extra effort, just as it's possible to do inverse feints using Normal with a little extra effort.

Yes the attacks use the same sword animation but thats not the entirety of the character animation. As we know positioning and angle of attack effect the speed of the hit, and these are noticeably different depending on input. Thats why you even have such a thing as inverse feints or spam which you readily admit.

They may be recreatable but not in as easy or consistent a manner.

Enjoyable to see the inverse fanatics come out and, after spending 2 years extoling its virtues and superiority, say actually it's not different at all just preference guys :^)

Actually I switched cause I wanted to play like Tobi not cause I thought it had any benefit. At this point there's no reason for me to learn to play with Normal when there's no real difference between them. Fundamentally the biggest thing which differentiates between players is their individual style. There are very few good inverse players so the idea that "inverse is faster" is a thing just because all of the inverse players are at least competent. People like Scar, Arni and BD are just as fast with normal.

Back
Top Bottom