BladeCast_TV | »Wiki« #TheNextStep

Users who are viewing this thread

BladeCast_TV

Recruit

»WIKI«

» BRANCHES

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
» WELCOME!

Welcome to BladeCast_TV Wiki! A few months ago we decided to start working on a wiki dedicated to the competitive side of the game we all play and love, Mount & Blade: Warband. The wiki features everything you need to know about the competitive scene - from players, over teams and tournaments to game knowledge. And as always in with projects of this size, we need your help! We have implemented multiple plugins and templates for you to work with, all that is left to do is fill out the pages and put our rich history of competitive play into words. Therefore we encourage everyone here to contribute in any way possible!

In this thread you will find all relevant information regarding the wiki as well as regular updates on what is happening at BladeCast_TV! Please make sure to follow us on our Social Media listed at the left to keep in touch and also make sure check out our other projects! Let us know your thoughts, and leave a comment with criticism or just feedback in general below, we'd love to hear from you!

» SOCIAL MEDIA

» WIKI

XGE3wrU.png
WEB DESIGN
7EVN*
COORDINATION
CALAMITY
BRANDING & DESIGN
ROSSLINGTON

PROGRAMMING
WOLFLO
CONTRIBUTOR
SCAR*

The Mount & Blade Competitive Wiki has finally been released!

As you can see the articles have been divided into four categories: Players, Teams, Tournaments & Game Knowledge. All users will be allowed to create and edit pages. As of right now, the wiki contains "only" 63 articles. As we've written in the introduction post, we are counting on your help to push this number as high as possible and put as much of this communities history into words as possible. Anyone who wants to contribute but needs help in doing so, feel free to leave a message here, or contact us via Discord and Steam.

The wiki is based upon MediaWiki, therefore it uses the same text formating style. We will post guides on how to create and edit pages here shortly. We've also added a lot of custome features that we thought were need to display all the information in the best possible way.

Please be aware that we are running a zero tolerance policy towards whoever creates troll pages or knowingly edits pages to ruin them. We've worked hard to get this website up for you guys, please don't ruin it for your own enjoyment.

We also want to thank all people that initially helped us at setting up the wiki and creating the first articles: Belendor, Kragen, Pepper and Shemaforash!

Finally, we are looking forward to hear your feedback and criticism. Please let us know what you think and request features you would like to see added!

Website looks great. Job well done.

I noticed that the other skins made some of the icons realign in a strange way; although I don't see the need for other skins since the default one looks fantastic.

SeánC said:
I noticed that the other skins made some of the icons realign in a strange way; although I don't see the need for other skins since the default one looks fantastic.

Yeah, that's because we focused only on the default skin you see, the others aren't supposed to be used.

Really nice job!

Trebron said:
Looks good.
Btw - Nice autobiography charlini :fruity:

Yeah, I got asked by a member of Bladecast to write my own page as they initially created mine when they were starting all the work and wanted help to fill the unfinished texts.

But don't worry, im quite sure it wont take long until you get the chance to write yours, or maybe someone is kind enough to make a description about how recently, the teams you were at kicked you and previous ones asure how big Relax's back was to carry you during the previous years.

Nice automemer  :fruity:

It's recommended that people write their profiles. Nobody else can really create the historical representation of a person better than yourself. As long as it's accurate information and not trolling it will be accepted.

Not to mention looking up all the massive amount of tournaments someone's been in can be tedious. The whole wiki concept is insane considering how lengthy Warbands native competitive history stretches. That said, when it's complete it will be a great resource for anyone curious about our history.

Player Profiles Basic Information

Rules:

- Must be historically accurate. When making a statement such as "one of the best infantry in North America" you should have reference links to this forum where people say this or multiple tournament stats / MVPs. Try and grab them people who aren't friends or clan mates. Could also come from a stream from a credible source.
- English ONLY. We are looking into translations at this point but it's not something we're doing anytime soon.
- Trolling on profiles is a bannable offense. There are no second chances. You will always be required to register to make wiki content. Don't screw it up.
- Some complete 'key' profiles are locked to prevent the above activity.
- Absolutely no real life picture of players. The one exception is if it's an eEsport picture from BoB 2017 or a TaleWorlds media event and the player has agreed to it.

Guidelines:
- We recommend players build their own profiles. If you feel you will be bias, have someone edit it for you after it's complete. Nobody else can really create the historical representation of a person better than yourself. As long as it's accurate information and not trolling it will be accepted.
- Everyone is allowed to edit most pages and make a new page. If you want to create someone else's profile you can.
- We have most team banners uploaded. If you need help, post here or post in our discord.

Generally accepted 'good' profiles as examples to build your own:
Scar
Deacon
Calamity
7evn

Creating a new profile:
- http://wiki.bladecast.tv/Player_Template - Copy this templates coding.
- Type the name you want to create in the top right search bar. For example I typed in Calamity XYZ. On the next page there will a text link that says: Create the page "Calamity XYZ" on this wiki! Click that.
- Should look like this:
tYuaqnJ.png
- Paste the player templates coding and personalize it.
- Preview your work before posting it live.

For a really boring tutorial video, I created a guide for this a couple months ago if you need further help.
If you need further help we will be having more guides coming in the near future. For now, post here or come to our discord and post in the 'wiki_public_general' channel and one of our staff can assist you.

Only administration of BladeCast have the capacity to check registered emails.

BTW: We've had two player profiles made already. Keep up the great work.

Back
Top Bottom