[BladeCast - Interview] Krzyzak - Poland 2 Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

Tardet

French Toast
Count
Contents_Header.png

With the recent announcement of Bannerlord Early Access set to March 2020, excitement has been growing inside the community for what could possibly be one of the very last tournaments on Mount & Blade Warband. Obviously, with Bannerlord itself having been announced a while back, the rumours of tournaments being hosted for the very last time go back far in time, so much so that it ended up becoming a well-established joke within the competitive community. For that reason, erring on the side of caution remains the safest approach as it still is to be seen how the game will be received once its access is spread to a larger public.

Nevertheless, there is no arguing that March of next year will be a month awaited by many players of the community, competitive or not, and for that reason, the upcoming tournaments set for the end of this year ( Nations Cup 2019 ) and the beginning of the next one ( Warband Native League 8 ) might be looked back at some of the very last competitions ever played on the game. In the case of the 10th edition of the Nations Cup, applications closed the Saturday 28th of September, and we are now in the fifth week of the competition.

To accompany you in this competition, BladeCast_TV will be publishing a series of contents which we hope will help you to enjoy this tournament to its full extent. Below, you can find a list of some of our upcoming articles, as well as those already published.

In this article, we got the occasion to interview Krzyzak, one of the Poland 2 captains, just before his team faces Sweden & Norway tonight in what looks like to be their most important confrontation in this NC thus far.

BladeCast Interview - Krzyzak | Poland 2 Captain

Unlike some other nations in warband, the polish community seems to still be well and truly alive, with a LAN recently hosted in Krakow and a new generation of polish players which is rather well represented within your team. How do you explain that?

I think rivalry and competition is what holds the Polish scene for so long, we had a lot of 'main rivalries' in the past like WV vs REF, then it transformed into PE vs SRC and there is still some bad blood between Polish players. Also we have a lot of 'new' and fresh players coming from other modules who wants to try themselves on Native scene so it's not that hard to form new teams, I'm pretty sure that Poland could easily form like 2 or 3 strong and fully Polish teams if there were tournaments with roster limit of 8 or 10 players.

Also, big thanks to Aharo for hosting the Polish Cup and organising LAN in Kraków. He was the one who motivated Polish community by creating such a big event, I'm just hoping he will continue his work on Bannerlord as he promised.

You have indeed managed to gather a strong team mixed with new upcoming players and old polish veterans but placed in Group B, you guys had a rough couple of matches, only truly coming alive against Russia last week, which you lost by the smallest of margin. Do you feel you guys could have done better or were these results logical in the end?

I'm not gonna lie, I was very disappointed with our performance after first three weeks. At the start of the tournament I expected an easy road to quarterfinals especially that we managed to win like half of our scrims against teams from group A which was very promising. In match versus BeNe we were very unlucky, we lost some early rounds due to few very stupid throws in last seconds and misscommunication on teamspeak. Then we got literally outclassed by them on 2nd map. I don't really know what happened in match vs NA as I wasn't there but I heard that NA just played very well and deserved that win. Match against Russia was also one big chaos as all German servers were lagging, and then after we moved on the French one server literally crashed during the spawn. To sum up, I think we were very unlucky during the group stage and we also made some stupid mistakes in our matches which don't usually happen, maybe because it's first NCup for some of our players, they could have been nervous etc. Nevertheless I'm sure that if we manage to win our match against Sweden, we will still be a threat for top teams.

Krzyzak said:
"I'm not gonna lie, I was very disappointed with our performance after first three weeks"[...]

Speaking about that match, how confident are you guys going against Norden, especially after they beat Russia & Ukraine?

Well, they have really strong team with many well known and experienced players like Horace or Robin. They performed surprisingly good in match vs Russia and to be honest I was very surprised by their win. Still I'm sure we will give our best and show that we deserve to at least get to the play-offs by winning convincingly on Saturday. I won't be there unfortunately but I will be cheering for them and watching stream if there will be any.

If there is anything else that we did not mention in this interview and you had like to speak about, we will leave the last words of the interview up to you.

I just want to thank admins for making this tournament happen, I had a lot of fun so far and I really hope to see the next one on Bannerlord with even bigger competition and as many Nation teams as possible.

[size=6pt]ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, CUSTOM GRAPHICS BY @ROSSLINGTON  INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @TARDET

Big thanks to Krzyzak for accepting the interview and provide some lenghty answers. I am confident the match tonight between Norden and Poland 2 is gonna be a banger so I really hope someone can put-up a stream for it.

If you want to hear from the other side of that confrontation, Robin's interview from Norden should be coming up later today so be on the lookout.

Back
Top Bottom