[BladeCast - Interview] House Dayne of Starfall | Edric

Users who are viewing this thread

Tardet

French Toast
Count
Contents_Header_White.png

About two months after the Nations Cup 2019 ended, which saw France triumphs over North America in a back and forth grand-final, the attention of the native scene has already turned towards the next and most likely final step before Bannelord Early Access release. From all sides of the community, clans have assembled, old alliances been reforged and new powerhouses created, with for ultimate goal the trophy of the legendary Warband Native League.

Long-awaited, Warband's most storied competition has made its return this February 2020 to write the eighth and potentially final chapter of a legacy which lasted almost an entire decade, defining some of the greatest moments ever witnessed in the competitive scene. Brought to you by the mythical quintette of administrator made of Aeronwen, Bullez, Deacon, Dyktator & Scar, the Warband Native League 8 will be one very last chance for bladers to write their names in the history of the warband community and ascend as ultimate champions.

Such an amazing competition deserve only the best coverage and that's why we will once more dedicate ourselves to bring you as much content as possible in order to make this tournament one to be remembered. What's to be written next, lays in your hands. So sharpen your sword, hold tight to your shield ... and bring it on!

Contents_Title_Storylines.png

-TBA vs TBA
Contents_Title_MatchPreviews.png

-TBA vs TBA

A few matches have already been played in Division C yesterday, but tonight, the wolfs are out for blood as Division A and B teams start they WNL8 campaign altogether. To begin with our series of interview, we sat down with Edric, Dayne's leader, to discuss the good impression his team made in the WNL7, for their debuts on native, and how they plan to capitalize on that to make the best of their new position in Division B.

Last edited:
47f5c3ae2348f6ee428eee350c273bea.png
pY2Clz8.png
Edric.png

Q: Hello Edric. To start with, could you please explain to us how Dayne was created (on Mercenaries) and what brought your clan on native?

A: In 2014 Dayne was created on PW and afterwards the same group changed clanname quite often. In 2016 I took half a year off gaming at all. When I started gaming a bit again, I choose for Mercs and joined a clan. I did not like the toxic atmosphere there, left and eventually remade Dayne on Mercs with the intention to create a nice friendly atmosphere. Slowly people got attracted to it and we started doing clanwars on mercs. We started off by being definately one of the most terrible clans on mercs, losing time after time, but we kept on going and slowly got a bit better at the game. Last year we got invited to the WNL7. Eventhough not many of us had any native experience we went for it and it turned out quite succesfull and even more importantly, fun! So when we heard about WNL8 we got a team together as well, and here we are.

Q: Last year, you indeed did pretty well for your first participation in a native league and even though you missed the chance to play the promotion matches for a spot in the higher division, you still managed to top Division C at the end of the regular season. For his edition, you got placed in Division B. Do you believe you can succeed there too?

A: Last year our team was a bit different in comparison to our team this year. Daynes like Vince and Becca who played last year for another native team, now play for us. Besides that, over the last half year we have also gained new people like Elwaen, Angel and Rainbow who now also play for us in this native tournament. The other teams in the B Division seem quite strong, but I think we can put up a good fight as well.

Edric about Dayne said:
"[...] I am very glad for all the input I get from our members who do have more native experience. We are in this together"

Q: Looking at your roster, there is indeed a bunch of players who stand out skill-wise. Does that mean improving cohesion is where you gonna put your focus at?

A: That is exactly what we are working on. Currently we are doing quite a lot of trainings. You have to understand that I am a mercs player, not a native player. This specialy means that I underestimate the strength of archers and in general have a bit of a different tactical mind. I am very glad for all the input I get from our members who do have more native experience. We are in this together.

Q: Your first opponent is going to be Assyrian Empire, a new team formed around a bunch of Wonwokie player. How did you prepare that match?

A: During the last few weeks we have played several trainingsmatches, thought about some tactics, determined who plays what and, most importantly, get the team work smoothly. We have still got a way to go, but there is already quite some improvement over the last two weeks. I think we should be ready for them coming Sunday.

ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, CUSTOM GRAPHICS BY @ROSSLINGTON & @SCAR, INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @TARDET

Last edited:
And so the contents begin. Thanks a lot to Edric for the cool interview, never easy to be the one to start. I believe Daynes can make some real damage in Division B so looking forward to how things turn out for them in the WNL8!

Vince might record it from Dayne's perspective but no its not streamed, which is a shame really cause I also wanted to watch it!

Back
Top Bottom