[BladeCast - Interview] Doner | Hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Easter Cow

Animated Cow of your Heart
Duke
Contents_Header_White.png

About two months after the Nations Cup 2019 ended, which saw France triumphs over North America in a back and forth grand-final, the attention of the native scene has already turned towards the next and most likely final step before Bannelord Early Access release. From all sides of the community, clans have assembled, old alliances been reforged and new powerhouses created, with for ultimate goal the trophy of the legendary Warband Native League.

Long-awaited, Warband's most storied competition has made its return this February 2020 to write the eighth and potentially final chapter of a legacy which lasted almost an entire decade, defining some of the greatest moments ever witnessed in the competitive scene. Brought to you by the mythical quintette of administrator made of Aeronwen, Bullez, Deacon, Dyktator & Scar, the Warband Native League 8 will be one very last chance for bladers to write their names in the history of the warband community and ascend as ultimate champions.

Such an amazing competition deserve only the best coverage and that's why we will once more dedicate ourselves to bring you as much content as possible in order to make this tournament one to be remembered. What's to be written next, lays in your hands. So sharpen your sword, hold tight to your shield ... and bring it on!

Now in the fourth week of the group stage after defeating Invictus Legion convincingly last week, Doner will take on a tough challenge this Sunday, going against House Dayne of Starfall, currently first place in their Division. Hun, the team's captain answered some of our questions about his teams formation debuts in the competition and their next match which looks like Doner's biggest challenge thus far.

Last edited:
Title.png
Doner.png
Hun.png

Q: Doner while relatively new has to an extent been around the block since WNL7, what roster changes were there since last years edition?

A: Well, the time when I decided to band Doner, I didn't know much about the community due to lack of my activity for the last 3 years. That's why when we started it, the key point was to have fun. Then, after spending enough time with the 'new' community, I have seen some old faces that could do a lot when united, and here we are now. Namely our new additions are Airelhach, Ascarion, Grifon, GrafBlade, Pilgrim, Luther, Dominique. So far we have a great atmosphere and I regret I didn't meet these people in 10 years.

Q: Last year Doner was placed in Division C with mixed results, matches in Division B are looking to have unpredictable results to an extent, how did you guys approach your Division?

A: With the latest additions in our roster, we believed that we could carry our weight in Division B, WNL8 being the last tournament, we are more motivated than the previous season. Right now we think that current Doner is not so similar comparing to the last season, therefore we expect bigger achievements.

Hun about Doner's chances in this WNL said:
"Right now we think that current Doner is not so similar comparing to the last season, therefore we expect bigger achievements."

Q: Indeed Doner has shown impressive results since last WNL. In the first week you've convincingly defeated Menace, following a tie with a strong DoF roster, finally soundly defeating Invictus Legion in Week 3. Now up against the top team in your division in House Dayne of Starfall, how will your team prepare against them?

A: So far we have prepared for every single match as hard as possible, no matter who are our opponents in the end of the week. We may have had a satisfying result last week, but that doesn't hold us from trainings, we still keep playing like we never won any single match and focus on our future matches. Dayne has a good roster, especially with Rainbow. Little trivia fact; last season in WNL, in division C, we faced Dayne on the same map combination (Bairteas-River Village), and lost. Who knows, maybe it's the payback time? besides all that competition, I really like them though, hopefully we will have a good atmosphere on the weekend.

Q: Competition in Division B is as tough in Division A, one thing that stands out in your Division is that many of these matches are unpredictable, for example Menace taking a score similar to that of their defeat at your hands against an on paper strong Senate team. With that in mind do you believe your team could come out somewhere at the top of your Division?

A: It is true that there is a tough competition, there are so many teams with similar levels and results turn out unexpectedly, especially with additions every day, teams you cant even imagine step up and start taking the lead. right now we have the 2nd spot, right behind the team Dayne, and depending on the result we will probably sit somewhere around 1-4th. of course I believe that my team will be the best, who wouldn't? But to be realistic, I think we have the most experienced players in the league, and we developed a good cohesion, so, yes, I believe Doner will finish this season at the top of Division B.

ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, CUSTOM GRAPHICS BY @ROSSLINGTON & @SCAR, INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @COW

Thanks to Hun for the taking the time to do the interview, was a first for myself and him, wasn't an easy one to do, however managed to get done. Doner this years WNL edition is bringing promising results, looking forward to their match against Dayne!

Nice interview.

btw its huN commanding DONER, not grifon nor pilgrim.
Pilgrim just coorodinates the inf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom