Users who are viewing this thread

Some weapons give a lot of money, even though they are easy to make.

Example:

2h polearm, I can sell one for 100k+
2h axe, I can get 30k+

Maybe change the blacksmith's mechanics completely.

Suggestions:

Release all types of parts and all the weapons.
apply mechanics where you can get some only on mission or accomplishing certain objectives.

Example:

Tournaments, weapons given by the faction leader or important character,
getting a regard for a secret brotherhood or order of knights.

i'm doing the same with 2h sword. There are parts that decrease the worth of the itens, even tough they are better, but you know... it's not difficult to make em. Game is still crude

Talework can learn a lot with prophesy of pendor mod

i'm doing the same with 2h sword. There are parts that decrease the worth of the itens, even tough they are better, but you know... it's not difficult to make em. Game is still crude

Talework can learn a lot with prophesy of pendor mod
Yeah, is a lot of money easy. That make the game a little boring haha
Now my character is rich selling weapons.
This game looks like Amazon simulator lol

I try to stick to just using smithy for making weapons for my clans heroes but when you need money it's way too tempting to get 100s of thousand of denars for some pointy sticks.

I try to stick to just using smithy for making weapons for my clans heroes but when you need money it's way too tempting to get 100s of thousand of denars for some pointy sticks.
Me too, a very big temptation.
sold a polearm and bought the best armor for my heroes and character lol

It’s being addressed. The adjustments they do make always brings a cavalcade if gripes. It’s how I find out what items finally got a reasonable adjustment as I just don’t do smithing at all at this stage

It’s being addressed. The adjustments they do make always brings a cavalcade if gripes. It’s how I find out what items finally got a reasonable adjustment as I just don’t do smithing at all at this stage
Makes sense, I do because I like to create unique weapons with cool names, but the temptation to make money is sometimes very high lol

Release all types of parts and all the weapons.
apply mechanics where you can get some only on mission or accomplishing certain objectives.
That's a good idea. I've wanted them to be rare drops of something too. I also don't like smithing being a skill though. I don't think it fits opr adds anything to character development. Not to mention extra exp wrecks your character's skill growth speed, without giving any direct benefit.
No weapons are better then the long glaive, so smithing is pointless. I wish we could make armor and ranged weapons too, but have a NPC do it and we just collect the parts. I think it's sad that people sit there making weapons for money, when money is so easy to get from battles. Probably makes the game seem more boring.

That's a good idea. I've wanted them to be rare drops of something too. I also don't like smithing being a skill though. I don't think it fits opr adds anything to character development. Not to mention extra exp wrecks your character's skill growth speed, without giving any direct benefit.
No weapons are better then the long glaive, so smithing is pointless. I wish we could make armor and ranged weapons too, but have a NPC do it and we just collect the parts. I think it's sad that people sit there making weapons for money, when money is so easy to get from battles. Probably makes the game seem more boring.
Yeah that is my point, only makes difference in the early and middle game.
Is more fun when u are poor and u need to work hard to pay ur army.
If they make one npc to make ur weapons and armor makes more sense too. I make one long glaive and get like 2 levels and 40 points in blacksmith ability :sad:

Yeah that is my point, only makes difference in the early and middle game.
Is more fun when u are poor and u need to work hard to pay ur army.
If they make one npc to make ur weapons and armor makes more sense too. I make one long glaive and get like 2 levels and 40 points in blacksmith ability :sad:
Another idea I would like, is having a variety or crafting or 'work' skills, and separate them from combat skills and support skills.
So you wouldn't be gaining 15 levels from blacksmithing and have a hard time learning other skills. I don't like having all the skills lumped together. Why is it harder to learn medicine because I shot too many guys with bow and leveled up too much? Anyways I'm getting off topic :razz:

I think it's sad that people sit there making weapons for money, when money is so easy to get from battles. Probably makes the game seem more boring.
Maybe they just got bored of the trillions of similar battles you fight in perma-wars. I definitely did. It was fun to fight those battles the first few thousand times. It was fun to dominate the world/create you kingdom the first 3 times. Not anymore. After this point it's just boring. I don't get how people cannot get bored by those repeating battles endlessly.

I think some more town life / personal interaction with the game characters could give the battles some better imersion. Something to fight for. Emotional connection. I came to learn bannerlord is just about endless killing of looters/pheasant etc.

Maybe they just got bored of the trillions of similar battles you fight in perma-wars. I definitely did. It was fun to fight those battles the first few thousand times. It was fun to dominate the world/create you kingdom the first 3 times. Not anymore. After this point it's just boring. I don't get how people cannot get bored by those repeating battles endlessly.

I think some more town life / personal interaction with the game characters could give the battles some better imersion. Something to fight for. Emotional connection. I came to learn bannerlord is just about endless killing of looters/pheasant etc.

Yeah IMHO the whole focus should shift over to non-battle stuff after 1.5.7. Snowballing was a huge letdown and I'm glad it was adressed (I was kinda reluctant switching to the beta, but 1.5.6 is real good). But now improve policymaking and quests and npc interaction stuff. Even the couple things 1.5.6 did like AI marriage and emissary have been a huge improvement. I've directly jumped from a mercenary kill bill gameplay to a dynasty building one. 1.5.7 will have education which will fill an important gap, but there are many more gaps to fill before even WB levels are caught up with.

WRT smithy IMHO a good fix would be like this: first, value of weapons take into consideration all damage stats and not only the first one. You make a glaive with 180 two handed swing damage but its cheaper than a rudimentary javelin. Second, factor in materials for the price and xp too. Third, have more stuff unlocked at start. Fifth, only the best weapons are broken, and only if they are not expendable. You throw a javelin and you never get it back. It'll never cost a fortune. But a sword stays with you for centuries. So factor in that kind of hierarchy, so to speak. Sixth, sync unlocks between saves. Unlocking same stuff again and again sucks. They could just make it a separate save file and Steaam would sync it fine. Lastly, allow to save weapons' designs in a design book.

That way smithy becomes a craft that can sometimes save your ass from going broke up until mid game only if you're good at it, but it's never a cash cheat.

They are also introducing armour parts now, I'm hopeful that armoury and bowyery may be part of the whole craftsmanship experience of the game. Adds a whole new creative aspect and I like the general fun of smithy when its not for sweatshop production of javelins as a F.I.R.E. scheme.

Another idea I would like, is having a variety or crafting or 'work' skills, and separate them from combat skills and support skills.
So you wouldn't be gaining 15 levels from blacksmithing and have a hard time learning other skills. I don't like having all the skills lumped together. Why is it harder to learn medicine because I shot too many guys with bow and leveled up too much? Anyways I'm getting off topic :razz:
Yes they need to change a lot of mechanics. I haven't played with vlandia until now because I think their armor is few, they don't even have shoulder pads or capes. Battania still with a problem with the Warlock gloves (the white ones) probably the name is different lol
My point the armors aesthetics are really bad, like the sturgians, why don't make 2 different factions like vaegaris and nordics in warband. I love vikings hahaha
I still want more differences between the Empire factions...

The progression of part unlocks should be released only based on smithing learning process. It should take long years (5-10 years) to learn the tecnique to produce steel. Until the blacksmith is not able to produce steel the blades (other parts) produced from steel should not be unlocked. Same for fine steel and thamaskene. It should take longer to learn fine steel and thamaskene.

With these adjustments you would be able to produce only lower tier weapons which are cheaper.

Obviously the pricing system requires changes too to avoid 100k javelins. Javelins should also have iron, steel, fine steel and thamaskene blades.
With these adjustments you would be able to produce only low tier weapons in the period of 10-20 years.

I haven't had an issue with money just from sale of my loot. Not sure where ya'll getting some one to buy those items as most towns hardly have 20-40K. You know you could actually not use cheese mechanics and try playing the game without them. Just llke the guys that brag about winning the maps, by cutting every ones head off.....you should have every faction after you if do nothing but cut heads off.

The progression of part unlocks should be released only based on smithing learning process. It should take long years (5-10 years) to learn the tecnique to produce steel. Until the blacksmith is not able to produce steel the blades (other parts) produced from steel should not be unlocked. Same for fine steel and thamaskene. It should take longer to learn fine steel and thamaskene.

With these adjustments you would be able to produce only lower tier weapons which are cheaper.

Obviously the pricing system requires changes too to avoid 100k javelins. Javelins should also have iron, steel, fine steel and thamaskene blades.
With these adjustments you would be able to produce only low tier weapons in the period of 10-20 years.
Yes I agree, why I unlocked thamaskene and steel parts if I don't have any ability to make it lol

If they make a slow progression and they make a npc who can make more cool and better quality thinks but expensive and a better market balance the game is going to be more fun.

I believe if you are a king you are able to pay some one to do that job lol

I haven't had an issue with money just from sale of my loot. Not sure where ya'll getting some one to buy those items as most towns hardly have 20-40K. You know you could actually not use cheese mechanics and try playing the game without them. Just llke the guys that brag about winning the maps, by cutting every ones head off.....you should have every faction after you if do nothing but cut heads off.
Yes I was codicious, I bought all the best armor, horses and weapons to refine the metal.
When I realized I was with my companions wearing armor and equipment around 100 to 150 k each and with 200 k gold in my pocket :sad:

Now I will have to start a new game, I will wait for the next update.
I don't know you guys but I lose my motivation with my campaigns very easy -_-

Back
Top Bottom