Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

Users who are viewing this thread

PepperKP said:
chinese community will kick all of your asses with their 15min long rounds

thats like 2 hours more practise per scrim

Hahaha, I was part of the clan UTD for a little while, had to install tencent and use Google translate just to take part in events, never had such a fun time playing cav and pressing x.

EU > Asia > NA >>>>>>>> Aus/NZ

OurGloriousLeader said:
Calamity said:
The NA scene was mostly ignored.

By Americans, ye

Ye. Name one stream MB_TV did for NA. Name one tournament Captain Lust hosted for North America. He was an *admin* on some, but that was a consulting role. We got screwed in the first nations cup, I assume that was before your time. The obvious no invite to LAN. I don't think we even had a moderator from North America that was active in the scene until Mad Dawg. I was the first one to get a child board for NA and Lust kept moving the goalposts. It was a major pain in the ass. 12 teams? "Uhh, I said that yeah but I'd like to see more, how about 14?" Okay. I think Marnid summarized it best here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255267.msg8208726.html#msg8208726

We (Arys) did host the largest prize pool tournament for NA/EU besides the LAN and I made a tournament just for your scene. I also tried my best to save the NA scene, multiple times and I know a lot of other people who tried as well. Let's not forget you probably wouldn't even have matchmaking if it wasn't for Grim. I remember them mentioning a few months ago NA would get servers on the new(er) matchmaking. What will happen first, Bannerlord or that?

I don't know where you get your information from but it's pretty cool. Gr8 bait, 9.5/10.

Good day.

Calamity said:
Marnid summarized it best

U24qzh9.gif

Calamity said:
Ye. Name one stream MB_TV did for NA.

How on earth do you expect Lust to have done streams, which was his own passion project post-work and not as community manager, for NA as well, often in concurrent tournaments? Isn't that why you made Bladecast?

Long before MBTV, the AE guys made Warband Battlestream. It's always been community driven, not TW driven.

Name one tournament Captain Lust hosted for North America.

Lust hosted only one tournament in his CM role AFAIK, and he famously abandoned it after like 1 week. You're putting horse before the cart here: Lust became community manager, because he made such a huge effort in making tournaments.

We got screwed in the first nations cup

And every one after I believe you were given a home/away situation or as fair pings as possible. I myself regularly defended this and used whatever "influence" I had to ensure it was a fair system for NA, a system which has always given NA artificially close matches.

The obvious no invite to LAN.

Turkey and Russia didn't get 'invited' either - it was fairly clearly a time issue, we were given less than a month iirc.

I was the first one to get a child board for NA and Lust kept moving the goalposts. It was a major pain in the ass. 12 teams?

The last tournament I ran, NC, was given the same constraints despite being obvious that we'd get enough teams.

We (Arys) did host the largest prize pool tournament for NA/EU besides the LAN and I made a tournament just for your scene. I also tried my best to save the NA scene, multiple times and I know a lot of other people who tried as well

These were great efforts, especially on behalf of Arys for obvious reasons. However this was already at the point NA was dying, it kept things going for a while, but it was already dependent on EU population by then.

The problems centred more around UNAC and similar, which began not long after WNL but was never as successful for multiple reasons. In this, Deacon and Scar deserve a lot of recognition for taking the WNL format and continually improving it without causing (many) community uproars and they have played a huge role in keeping the scene alive here. UNAC just never was as successful, and again part of this was simply Bks leaving an already lower-population scene.

Let's not forget you probably wouldn't even have matchmaking if it wasn't for Grim. I remember them mentioning a few months ago NA would get servers on the new(er) matchmaking. What will happen first, Bannerlord or that?

The matchmaking is excellent in foundation and Grim rightly deserves credit for it, but that still has nothing to do with NA being ignored by Lust, TW, etc. I'm sure servers will be put up if provided too?

Shemaforash said:
Is that fair?

I'd say so. I made BladeCast with the intent on streaming both scenes. Our first one was a nations cup streaming of 2 EU teams. Now that NA is dead all we're streaming is EU matches.

Shemaforash said:
Donate servers and I assume they will be put up

Multiple people have offered servers. Our sponsor is a server host. I can get them in 5 minutes if needed. They need to finish the programming, last I heard.

Calamity said:
I'd say so. I made BladeCast with the intent on streaming both scenes. Our first one was a nations cup streaming of 2 EU teams. Now that NA is dead all we're streaming is EU matches.

You ever stream a match in EU? or NA?

And yes I know because me and thunderbeu commentated on the match

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Not to be aimed at you Calamity but tK would absolutely massacre BKS even after they got settled in.

The thing is, you think you're the first person to say that. There were clans, before tK was even half an idea, saying the same ****, and we actually gave a **** enough to come back and dumpster them. Your notion is not new, and us coming back and proving them wrong is not new. It is not a case of tK being unique, it is tK is a clan on a long list of clans that have thought the same thing. Some of tK's best players, I remember from seeing them in pubs and watching them play on other teams and they were mediocre at best in comparison, as we dominated for years in an oversaturated scene while you sit here in a stagnant, echo chamber of a scene that still hasn't watched anyone do it to the level we did with the competition we had.

Getting real old responding to the same **** time and time again, even after we've empirically proven it incorrect but the people posting now conveniently weren't here for it.

BkS literally beat NAAS (North American All Stars), which was a team of the entire NA community, minus our clan. Ran for years without losing a single match. Are you kidding me? There's us, wK, then there's the rest of you ****ing peasants. That's just the truth, sorry if it's inconvenient.

OurGloriousLeader said:
How on earth do you expect Lust to have done streams, which was his own passion project post-work and not as community manager, for NA as well, often in concurrent tournaments? Isn't that why you made Bladecast? Long before MBTV, the AE guys made Warband Battlestream. It's always been community driven, not TW driven.

Post-work or not, he could have tried. His major contribution was making the streamer mod. Then he tweaked it for BoB and left the company and refused to let anyone have access to the source code to improve it or even use the modified version.

I know the AE guys made Battlestream. We also had Warband NA streaming. You don't have to tell me it's community driven I'm quite aware. When you have a job as community manager though, you have a lot more influence than anyone else. You know that, I know that.

Lust hosted only one tournament in his CM role AFAIK, and he famously abandoned it after like 1 week. You're putting horse before the cart here: Lust became community manager, because he made such a huge effort in making tournaments.

Fair. He could have done a lot more to promote other areas of the globe though instead of calling the competitive side "a joke".

And every one after I believe you were given a home/away situation or as fair pings as possible. I myself regularly defended this and used whatever "influence" I had to ensure it was a fair system for NA, a system which has always given NA artificially close matches.

Ping was not the issue. I also wasn't around during this tournament but I know someone who was. He'll explain it in more detail better than I can.

Turkey and Russia didn't get 'invited' either - it was fairly clearly a time issue, we were given less than a month iirc.

His swansong to the scene. I'm glad you guys got a LAN. It helped to progress the community. Let's see what happens in the future.

The last tournament I ran, NC, was given the same constraints despite being obvious that we'd get enough teams.

There hasn't been a single nations cup that didn't have a child board and yours wouldn't have been an exception.

These were great efforts, especially on behalf of Arys for obvious reasons. However this was already at the point NA was dying, it kept things going for a while, but it was already dependent on EU population by then.

The problems centred more around UNAC and similar, which began not long after WNL but was never as successful for multiple reasons. In this, Deacon and Scar deserve a lot of recognition for taking the WNL format and continually improving it without causing (many) community uproars and they have played a huge role in keeping the scene alive here. UNAC just never was as successful, and again part of this was simply Bks leaving an already lower-population scene./quote]

The problems centred more around UNAC and similar, which began not long after WNL but was never as successful for multiple reasons. In this, Deacon and Scar deserve a lot of recognition for taking the WNL format and continually improving it without causing (many) community uproars and they have played a huge role in keeping the scene alive here. UNAC just never was as successful, and again part of this was simply Bks leaving an already lower-population scene.

UNAC was very successful. Unfortunately, NA was always a smaller community so without proper promotion and maintenance it was bound to die out. Ask Deacon and Scar why they made this iteration of WNL.

Maybe if Europeans collaborated with North America we could have had better results. Falls on both sides I suppose to engage that discussion so I don't blame you.

The matchmaking is excellent in foundation and Grim rightly deserves credit for it, but that still has nothing to do with NA being ignored by Lust, TW, etc. I'm sure servers will be put up if provided too?a

Already answered this question from Shema.

Calamity said:
Post-work or not, he could have tried. His major contribution was making the streamer mod. Then he tweaked it for BoB and left the company and refused to let anyone have access to the source code to improve it or even use the modified version.

Point remains this was all external to his work for TW aka you can't blame "lack of attention", implicitly from TW or similar for this. Both scenes have been neglected to the same degree, with the sole exception of a LAN post-peak (which was more a test or Lust passion project than anything else).

You don't have to tell me it's community driven I'm quite aware. When you have a job as community manager though, you have a lot more influence than anyone else. You know that, I know that.

Of course, my point though is that neither he nor Callum have given the tools or time to really engage with any of the communities so we can't really blame neglect. At best MBTV was supplementary to the EU scene, it added some hype here and there but not really any new players beyond maybe a little retention. It's been years now since MBTV stopped and we haven't really lost significantly from it, because we had a healthy basis of a scene to start with. That's what NA needs - NA guys will know better how to provide that.

Unfortunately, NA was always a smaller community so without proper promotion and maintenance it was bound to die out. Ask Deacon and Scar why they made this iteration of WNL.

I know exactly why they did it because I've been pushing for these ideas for ages. We'd had top team only, KO tournaments for a long time where majority of teams ended up being dominated and had no playtime for 90% of a tournament. Deacon and Scar fixed this and have one of the most populated and successful tournaments in a long time - entirely from their own initiative.

All I'm saying is it's false, or at the very least misleading and identifying the wrong issue, to blame the state of NA multiplayer on Lust or TW. EU success is mostly just due to geographical location to Turkey, and bizarre little quirks like a German retail chain pushing M&B a lot on release (hence the billions of young Germans in the scene). It's likely some of this will carry over to Bannerlord, so NA should be ready to hit the ground running with good tournaments and consistent rules to maximise retention. And beg Bks/wK to return.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Unfortunately, NA was always a smaller community so without proper promotion and maintenance it was bound to die out. Ask Deacon and Scar why they made this iteration of WNL.

I know exactly why they did it because I've been pushing for these ideas for ages. We'd had top team only, KO tournaments for a long time where majority of teams ended up being dominated and had no playtime for 90% of a tournament. Deacon and Scar fixed this and have one of the most populated and successful tournaments in a long time - entirely from their own initiative.

All I'm saying is it's false, or at the very least misleading and identifying the wrong issue, to blame the state of NA multiplayer on Lust or TW. EU success is mostly just due to geographical location to Turkey, and bizarre little quirks like a German retail chain pushing M&B a lot on release (hence the billions of young Germans in the scene). It's likely some of this will carry over to Bannerlord, so NA should be ready to hit the ground running with good tournaments and consistent rules to maximise retention. And beg Bks/wK to return.

also helps that half you memers don't have to work

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
I think it's a bit unreasonable to have expected Lust to stream NA matches given the timezone difference.
Sure, if he didn't commit to doing so in the first place. The problem is that he did, then flaked out all but one time. A little responsibility isn't too much to expect.

Back
Top Bottom