Black African Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Somehow M&B has become a European Medieval Simulator game. You may want to check the physics of this game before you want to tackle the historical accuracy of this game.

This game is as much as Europe as Batman's Gotham is NYC. It is a land of fiction based loosely on some nonfiction.

This is not a simulator either. You don't get to hit someone multiple times with an ax. No such thing as hit points in real life.

So the idea of having an African based faction is as reasonable as any.

People are just knee jerk reacting because in their heads this somehow needs to maintain its European flavor. Whatever that is.

But what about wanting my culture in a game makes me an sjw?
lol trying to move the goalposts just like an SJW. You said they were "trying to remove black people from history like they do already". That kind of statement right there screams SJW. It's people like you that cry about under representation in historic and history based things that leads to **** like the BBC making Achilles and Margaret of Anjou black while at the same time crying about cultural appropriation. Spare me. If you want African themes then you can look for games set in Africa.

And sorry for the honesty, But black Africa had no significance to anyone else until they become colonized, before that they did close the gap between "tribes" to "estates" very few times and for a very short period of time in each try.
This whole statement right here is just extremely false. Here's some powerful African Empires that dominated trade during the Middle Ages:

The Mali Empire, The Songhai Empire, and even the Great Zimbabwe.

Please look those up so you can educate yourself.

Holy **** dude, this is still going on? Lemme tell you a secret
CALRADIA IS NOT REAL
It doesn't need to represent every nation in the world
I think the only reason it is going on is bc of quarantine boredom. I hope

So interested in your culture that you use the name of a Frank King...
I already explained that. It is the name of the king bc i love medieval stuff but it is also a podcast host i really like who happens to be black named Charlemagne tha God. I thought it was multifaceted and fit my interests. Sorry.

Your reading comprehension is extremely poor. Dude was talking about the battle of Hastings and knights using lances.Of course cavalry charges have been around for ever. But knights doing charges haven't. Are you this dumb or just trolling?
Uhhh...YOU were the one talking about battle of Hastings for whatever reason. Also, knight charges were used widely during the first crusade period, which is around 1090 A.D.
This is what he said:
Man your historical knowledge is subpar to say the least... Longbows existed well before year 1000. What do you mean by plate? If plate armour then i dont see that in the game, only maille, lamellar. The game is definitely not set in 1400 to 1500 lol what the hell... And normans used heavy mailed knight with a lance and they existed during the year 1000.
I don't see anything about battle of Hastings? You were the one who brought it up.
How can you even be wrong about things you said yourself???

Jesus why. I just wanted a cool faction to gain support :sad:

It's just the way of things on the internet, your intentions are always questioned etc, regardless if you're being earnest or a troll.

I would suggest you contact whoever is planning a big overhaul of Bannerlord to add more historical-fiction factions (they may already be planning something similar). That's your best chance to get something like this done, good luck.

Nothing you said has any bearing on what I said. I am sorry you didn't have access to the internet or a library as a kid and your only access to information was school; but all of that is a red herring to this discussion.
I was trying to explain why this issue was so close to my heart and why that motivates me to try and show other people. That is the only other reason besides them being cool. The only "representation" i want is of a cool culture that most people dont get to see. Thats it. I didnt want to be derided and belittled, I just wanted to make a proposal for a good idea. Now i see this community isnt ready for it im sorry.

It's just the way of things on the internet, your intentions are always questioned etc, regardless if you're being earnest or a troll.

I would suggest you contact whoever is planning a big overhaul of Bannerlord to add more historical-fiction factions (they may already be planning something similar). That's your best chance to get something like this done, good luck.
Thanks man. Today has been tough. Stuck inside with nothing to do but read people hating on me and my beliefs

I was trying to explain why this issue was so close to my heart and why that motivates me to try and show other people. That is the only other reason besides them being cool. The only "representation" i want is of a cool culture that most people dont get to see. Thats it. I didnt want to be derided and belittled, I just wanted to make a proposal for a good idea. Now i see this community isnt ready for it im sorry.
If you want to add it because it's cool, then just say so. Don't beat around the bush with the realism aspect because most ppl here would disagree with you when it comes to realism, and they would probably be right. Also calling people ignorant weren't helping your case either.
If you think it's cool, make a suggestion about it being cool. That's it.

Whenever taleworlds can figure out how to implement african like character creation features lol

developer quote from https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/bannerlord-2-authentic-african-face.396125/
------>>
I agree with you on this, it's not easy to create an African look, we've chatted with the facegen artist and will try to improve on this part.
However we already have short and long afro hair models:

BKcIUqa.jpg

HKUwICw.jpg

6p8vKJQ.jpg
1ndS1Qm.jpg

fr1p6HL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom