Black African Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO ARE ASIANAS ADND ARABS **** I CANTR DO THSI (Please realize that it is a combat game with Asians and Arabs and I think africans would just be ****ing cool for a fantasy setting)
Because asian and arab factions DID exist in Europe in the time period. Meanwhile, African factions were separated from Europe by the arab faction (Sultanate).
And yes, african would be cool, but in an DLC. It just doesn't fit in the current setting of the main game, which isn't a fantasy setting. It's a realistic fiction setting.

Your level of ignorance is mind boggling. Do you get your historical knowledge from films and tv? If you know anything about the battle of Hastings you would know that the Norman knights were skirmishers. Light cavalry in game. They did not charge they harassed until the Saxon formation broke and gave up the high ground. The heavy cavalry in game are more like those used during the 100 years war such as at the battle of agincourt, 14th century. lmfao
You need to open a history book. 1st grade for starters, Normans were the first to use couched lance against the Byzantines in 1060 - 1071and they were heavily armoured. What tactics they used in the battle of hastings is irrelevant.

This forum is getting to heavy for me. I'm gonna head out. I've got troop tree to do to contribute to our community.
Let it be known for the record for me.

1. Should an African faction be included in current or future official releases? That's up to Taleworlds. I personally think a North African faction would be fine but that's not my decision to make.
2. Do I think the exclusion of an African faction makes Taleworlds or the MB community racist? Not any more than a musician not singing anything about Jewish people makes them anti-semetic. They probably just want to sing about something else regardless of how they feel about a certian type of people. Humor, bravery, love and cunning are just as universal as any other concept and are much more worthwhile to sing about.
3. Should there be mods for factions based on Africans, Native Americans, Asians ect.? 110%. I'm creating troop trees based on those because there are military histories, traditions and tactics to be explored and utilized by a competent commander. I tend to find that when I make troop trees, one troop tree evolves into two or three others. I'm sure the same will happen as I create an African troop tree.
4. Is everyone who wants factions and troop trees beyond the European and Near Eastern inspired ones a "SJW"? Maybe. Perhaps they're just competent commanders who realize there's many different was to skin a cat. Should any of you find me on the battlefield I can guarantee that I will command circles around your armies. If not I will stamp your face in the dust with brute force.

May your foes find you worthy of respect in victory or deserving of mercy in defeat.

Because asian and arab factions DID exist in Europe in the time period. Meanwhile, African factions were separated from Europe by the arab faction (Sultanate).
And yes, african would be cool, but in an DLC. It just doesn't fit in the current setting of the main game, which isn't a fantasy setting. It's a realistic fiction setting.
Thank you. Yes DLC

On the thematic level I'd love to see something like the Berbers in game. I think there's a general thematic focus on Europe & the Mediterranean and it seems, to me, unlikely that they're going to expand in terms of a bigger world map (I could be wrong). I don't, personally, think focusing on adding more lands/factions is the best use of resources for the forseeable future. At the end of the day, if your game only has a set amount of main factions you won't capture everything.

That all said I'd love to see a greater variety represented in minor factions. I think a good use of minor factions is showcasing groups/ideas that are less to the core thematic M&B focus. This is where I think Mali & Persian and other groups could be added in, amongst others.

There are some great mods with HUGE gameworlds that will hit this niche with massive diversity, but I'm not convinced huge gameworlds are a good core focus for M&B as a whole (especially given BL is much bigger than WB to begin with).

I get the frustration with the exclusion of African themed factions as a general trend. I personally love playing them - Often the aesthetics are really cool. I agree as a general trend it'd be nice to see more focus on them, and you're not wrong that it sucks that they're less represented. I think the more there's general knowledge of the history & aspects of those historical cultures there will be more enthusiasm in focusing media around & including them.

"This thread is meant to get a new culturally significant faction to the game, race is irrelevant. "

The thread is then titled Black African Faction. I don't get it.
The culture is the significant part, but their color is a part of who they are. That was meant to stop the r word from happening

- snip -
Look, Taleworlds is a Turkish developer and you can see easily that ALL the cultures included in the game had loads of contact with that land. West Europe is underepresented and only shows the normans, and not the Franks that actually were who spend most of the time around the Bizantine Empire and fighting Turks during centuries in the middle ages.But still, makes sense that people like Boemund let a stronger cultural impact than the Franks. So,"we need a frank faction" also?
And sorry for the honesty, But black Africa had no significance to anyone else until they become colonized, before that they did close the gap between "tribes" to "estates" very few times and for a very short period of time in each try. So Calradia as a representation of the medieval period of the bizantine empire have all the right factions with ONE exception. The Franks, and they put the Battanians instead to represent the Franks in the same place in map were the Franks were supposed to be. Actuallyt thinking about it, the Blattanians represent the franks, but with less gothic influence to make then different from the Normans of Vlandia.

Last edited by a moderator:
And The SJWs Attack!

Look, Taleworlds are a Turkish developer and you can see easily that ALL the cultures included in the game had loads of contact with that land. West Europe is underepresented and only shows the normans, and not the Franks that actually were who spend most of the time around the Bizantine Empire and fighting Turks during centuries in the middle ages.But still, makes sense that people like Boemund let a stronger cultural impact than the Franks. So,"we need a frank faction" also?
And sorry for the honesty, But black Africa had no significance to anyone else until they become colonized, before that they did close the gap between "tribes" to "estates" very few times and for a very short period of time in each try. So Calradia as a representation of the medieval period of the bizantine empire have all the right factions with ONE exception. The Franks, and they put the Battanians instead to represent the Franks in the same place in map were the Franks were supposed to be. Actuallyt thinking about it, the Blattanians represent the franks, but with less gothic influence to make then different from the Normans of Vlandia.
But what about wanting my culture in a game makes me an sjw? Also your statement is wrong i would recommend going back to school now and being educated out of a good text book. You'll find the newer ones give a more accurate perspective

And The SJWs Attack!

Look, Taleworlds is a Turkish developer and you can see easily that ALL the cultures included in the game had loads of contact with that land. West Europe is underepresented and only shows the normans, and not the Franks that actually were who spend most of the time around the Bizantine Empire and fighting Turks during centuries in the middle ages.But still, makes sense that people like Boemund let a stronger cultural impact than the Franks. So,"we need a frank faction" also?
And it doesnt matter that they didnt slaughter there neighbors like europeans they were still forces to be reckoned with prior to the invention of gun powder.

Lore wise there must be an African inspired region in the world of Calradia. Its the homeland of Rolf, Nizar and Deshawi.
I actually had a self made mod that turned the Sarranids black which I played sometimes if I needed my Berber fix.
If we go for a Sub Saharan inspired culture there could even be female units (Google Dahomey Amazons).
Check Mansa Musa he was the richest man who ever lived. Or the story of Sundiata Keita who founded the Mali Empire.
Africa has a very rich culture its just that many people don't know about it and only think slavery and that's it.

But what about wanting my culture in a game makes me an sjw? Also your statement is wrong i would recommend going back to school now and being educated out of a good text book. You'll find the newer ones give a more accurate perspective

My culture isn't in the game also,they were fighting the muslins in other places and not in the Bizantine Empire. And yes, demanding "your culture" to be in the game make you a SJW. If they don't ad "Your culture" it's racism, right?

No one will complain that Chinese, Korean and Japanese people are not in the game?
Because I am not interested in Chinese culture. Im sure you will find many, even just on this thread, that are. Why when i bring up Africans is it all of a sudden political and such, I just want a cool faction and this is the one i want to play

Wrong again. Cavalry charge were recorded as soon as 1081 during the battle of Dyrrhachium. And calvary charges were used during the first crusade which is around 1090.
So far, everything you said have been on some level of wrong lol...
Your reading comprehension is extremely poor. Dude was talking about the battle of Hastings and knights using lances.Of course cavalry charges have been around for ever. But knights doing charges haven't. Are you this dumb or just trolling?

My culture isn't in the game also,they were fighting the muslins in other places and not in the Bizantine Empire. And yes, demanding "your culture" to be in the game make you a SJW. If they don't ad "Your culture" it's racism, right?
No its just disappointing. I love this game and think it would be a cool addition and a missed oppertunity, calm down. Its not that deep

Because I am not interested in Chinese culture. Im sure you will find many, even just on this thread, that are. Why when i bring up Africans is it all of a sudden political and such, I just want a cool faction and this is the one i want to play

Actually i do respect that. But there are a LOT of possible cool factions.

And it doesnt matter that they didnt slaughter there neighbors like europeans they were still forces to be reckoned with prior to the invention of gun powder.
Holy **** dude, this is still going on? Lemme tell you a secret
CALRADIA IS NOT REAL
It doesn't need to represent every nation in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom