[BL] Warbanner - Bringing Warband to Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Warband's MP was practically medieval Garry's Mod with lots of bots
We had the roleplay servers like Jailbreak or Historical Reenactments, lotr Roleplay etc.
Then there's the Persistent Worlds server which were pretty much DarkRP - money printers
The PvE mods like Full Invasion and Nord Invasions
the crazy NeoGK native servers, where you could fly a baloon to the top of a Mountain
The Star Wars multiplayer mod...

The list goes on theres so much variety for every type of player. The games you mentioned go nowhere near what warband in that regard. And its is damn shame TW cant see that either
I get that - trust me I played it from the start. I mean *shrug* . I get why TW are so reluctant to bring custom servers - though I do disagree with the reasons.

Mordhau, Chivalry 2, Conquerors Blade, For honor... there are plenty of competitors...

Don't like Bannerlord - pick another option. I've played all of the above.
Not really competitors since their gameplay is different. And like one of the developers said, their main focus is SP; wont matter if they lose a couple thousands of players

And Taleworlds can bury any sort of multiplayer playerbase with it. Their proposed skins and battlemode aren't gonna bring back the hundreds+ that left and wont keep the hundred remaining interested for the next year. Its as if TW doesn't realize that other games are being made that people will migrate to, who's gonna wanna play a half baked 3+ year old mp with no players over a new exciting title that is bound to come out in that time frame. Once the MP is finally dead I dont expect the SP to last long either. Those warband Server and Mod communities were anchors and brought new people In, thats how I found warband in the first place after coming across some Full Invasion videos, which eventually led to playing the SP even though it seemed 'old', the unique and fun mp was a massive draw. Bannerlords MP on the other hand is the opposite of that, the class system, ranked matchmaking, all this garbage wasnt asked for because we just wanted to have fun like in Warband, not whatever this is. At this point though we are all just screaming the the dark, Upper management doesnt read any of this, even if they did they wouldnt care.

I think we just gotta wait for another company pick up on whats going and make a competitor where we can migrate to
This pretty much sums up my and Efe's thoughts on Bannerlord.

We are a year and a half in at this point. Warband fully released in 2012. You could argue the peak in terms of multiplayer was 2014, 2015. We should be at the "peak" of Bannerlord with the potential to extend that peak for the next 6 years minimum if you follow Warbands life cycle, and yet the servers are completely dead.

What happened here is truly catastrophic and should be taught in every game design class as a cautionary tale

Mordhau, Chivalry 2, Conquerors Blade, For honor... there are plenty of competitors...

Don't like Bannerlord - pick another option. I've played all of the above.
Ah so you mean;
Mordhau; most retarded and tryhard community ever seen, killing the game with pure toxicity, spammers, ballerinas, couching even stronger than that of bannerlord
Conquerors Blade; a game with Chinese malware that tracks ur browser data and so on, also pay2win trash game.
For Honor; ruined by Ubi as always, also on par with toxicity of Mordhau, its a Ubisoft multiplayer game what do you expect?
To call Chivalry 2 and the rest of these games a "competitor" to Bannerlord is just retarded sorry.
It's funny to see people think that "ooh this medieval game is trash so i MUST migrate to another medieval game that'll show 'em hihi" and then the cycle continues cus the other medieval game they "migrated" to is also trash.

Ah so you mean;
Mordhau; most retarded and tryhard community ever seen, killing the game with pure toxicity, spammers, ballerinas, couching even stronger than that of bannerlord
Conquerors Blade; a game with Chinese malware that tracks ur browser data and so on, also pay2win trash game.
For Honor; ruined by Ubi as always, also on par with toxicity of Mordhau, its a Ubisoft multiplayer game what do you expect?
To call Chivalry 2 and the rest of these games a "competitor" to Bannerlord is just retarded sorry.
It's funny to see people think that "ooh this medieval game is trash so i MUST migrate to another medieval game that'll show 'em hihi" and then the cycle continues cus the other medieval game they "migrated" to is also trash.
Well can't say I disagree. Just don't like people thinking Bannerlord is their only option.

You are right - plenty out there. They just suck.

A heads up, with the release of MP modding, we are looking into bringing this into reality finally.

Iam glad i discovered this thread. If this project goes well i would like this to be transferred to other mods too. It is like the upmost feature i wanted from this game.

Hey all,

We have a new discord server. Join if you want to hear more about the project and discuss. Remember, this project is for you.

We also included a document where we share our findings regarding what's wrong with this game's combat so far. We believe combat can be fixed with what is moddable so far. Join!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom