[BL] Warbanner - Bringing Warband to Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord: Much more realstic combat, people who have a career and life actually have good chances in MP with a few days of training to also sometimes see the upper parts of the leaderboard. Completely independent whether the server is overrun by nolifers or casuals or mixed.
Doesn't this simply mean dumbing down mechanics, so that worse players can succeed against better players? I mean it's OK to have a opinion on this, but I don't think it sells well for broader audience when there's no way to "get better".

Doesn't this simply mean dumbing down mechanics, so that worse players can succeed against better players? I mean it's OK to have a opinion on this, but I don't think it sells well for broader audience.when there's no way to "get better".

Sure there is a way to get better, please don't equate "sometimes seeing the upper parts of the leaderboard" with "randomly showing up higher or lower depending on whether it is Tuesday or Friday"

Sure there is a way to get better, please don't equate "sometimes seeing the upper parts of the leaderboard" with "randomly showing up higher or lower depending on whether it is Tuesday or Friday"
There are always going to be people that are going to spend more time mastering the game. What you're proposing is that people who are not spending a lot of time are supposed to be on equal terms with people who spend more time. Which is not feasible.

Every SINGLE game has people who are going to be better. You're proposing the impossible

I get that you want us to be more civil, and thats completely understandable, but as it stand the current discussion is, at its core, a discussion about the advantages and disadvantages of Warband Combat, compared to the advantages and disadvantages of Bannerlord combat, taking place on a thread talking about turing Bannerlord combat into warband combat.

If you want us to be nice to each we can definitely do a better job adhering to that, but saying we cant talk about Warband v Bannerlord and how the mechanics are different and better or worse on a thread dedicated to bringing back Warband mechanics in Bannerlord is not very cash money.

'If the discussion between these two parties continue without it being constructive or relating to the OP, then you'll receive a hefty warning with your post removed. '

The discussion can continue, but less baiting; on another point - there's actually numerous threads out there which discuss Warband vs Bannerlord, this thread should ultimately be about the current mod discussed in OP (what can be added, changed, do you agree with it?), and not this continuous derail into Bannerlord vs Warband. Obviously this mod was created for the purpose of changing combat, that's why the mod exists, and that's already set in stone, so discussing bannerlord's combat on a thread which completely changes it for the Warband community doesn't really make much sense, which is why it should be discussed on a thread to change current Bannerlord's state, and not a mod which is already forcing that change.

This module is concrete, with concrete specifications at its core, and that's to change Bannerlord's combat more like warband's combat as it's preferred by some people, having a debate on whether BL or Warband's combat is better on a thread which is oriented towards the people who prefer warband combat makes no sense as it's already concrete. If it weren't concrete, this mod wouldn't exist and people would just be playing bannerlord. This thread is literally made for people with a preference to Warband's combat - there's no need for any real bannerlord vs warband debate.

Last edited:
Every SINGLE game has people who are going to be better. You're proposing the impossible

I literally said the exact opposite than what you seem to imply I did. I cannot make it any clearer, Younes. It seems somehow as if you don't even read.

We all love dominating a server at least once in a while. Difference is in how to achieve that. I want to practice a few hours after work, mostly alone, then a few more in the weekend and not have every moment of it only be filled with pure stress. Doesn't mean I don't like some pointed adrenaline pushes and set backs. You seem to want to reach the goal by insane amounts of "organization", like it's your career or something on a professional level where you know how many steps someone makes from corner A with weapon X to be chanceless against tactic Y. That's too freaky for a public online game, it generates frustrations in other people and especially in newbies and casuals. And skill ceiling in the current state is still high, even higher if you actively go and look for situations where you take on more than 1 player at the same time.

'If the discussion between these two parties continue without it being constructive or relating to the OP, then you'll receive a hefty warning with your post removed. '

The discussion can continue, but less baiting; on another point - there's actually numerous threads out there which discuss Warband vs Bannerlord, this thread should ultimately be about the current mod discussed in OP (what can be added, changed, do you agree with it?), and not this continuous derail into Bannerlord vs Warband. Obviously this mod was created for the purpose of changing combat, that's why the mod exists, and that's already set in stone, so discussing bannerlord's combat on a thread which completely changes it for the Warband community doesn't really make much sense, which is why it should be discussed on a thread to change current Bannerlord's state, and not a mod which is already forcing that change.

This module is concrete, with concrete specifications at its core, and that's to change Bannerlord's combat more like warband's combat as it's preferred by some people, having a debate on whether BL or Warband's combat is better on a thread which is oriented towards the people who prefer warband combat makes no sense as it's already concrete. If it weren't concrete, this mod wouldn't exist and people would just be playing bannerlord. This thread is literally made for people with a preference to Warband's combat - there's no need for any real bannerlord vs warband debate.

I am sorry, .. if I'm not insanely baited anymore like e.g. by implying that I said things I didn't I will stand down here from now.

Last edited:
I literally said the exact opposite. I cannot make it any clearer, Younes. It seems somehow as if you don't even read.
It's not about not being able to, it's about not wanting to first and foremost. And because I avoid doing it I would need practice first again to get me into it. Which is only possible at a constant high stress level. I played warband MP. It wasn't fun. I still more or less got the hang of it at some point but only because I'm too stubborn and proud and as said, it wasn't fun and I stopped.

I knew it was going to happen, the class system of Bannerlord being extremely disappointing, we could have expected them to add other classes to compensate for the lack of equipment choices, but taleworlds does nothing, so much worse for them.

The choice of Warband equipment gave identity to the players, it was fun to see how some people dress and especially it gave a much less restricted aspect of the way he played.

In short I wish you succeed in implementing this mod, I will be present to test it

1629995820-desespoir.jpg

is this project dead?

i wonder what they would of thought of all these passive perks changing the fundamental combat mechanics of the game,

some players have 100% bonus to cav, some swing all weapons 10% faster, utter madness

TW: "Finally, later down the line (and possibly after the full release of the game), we intend to share custom server files to allow you to host your own multiplayer game servers ... early access will continue on into next year, with our current estimate for the full release being Q2 2022. We are fairly confident that we will hit that target, however, if we feel the game still isn’t ready at that point, then we will delay the release."

Per Efe/Belendor

This project is still unfeasible due to the lack of modding support. It is "probably" possible to deconstruct the code and start from scratch in a similar way to the devs of Bannerlord online, but it would be very unstable and the amount of work needed would not justify the quality of the end product.

I don't have a problem with bannerlord combat, if you want to make warband in bannerlord that will be a downgrade, I find bannerlord animations and combat better than warband (except for the ballerina 360 swings), my only problem with bannerlord is the game modes, no custom servers and the dumb class system

TW: "Finally, later down the line (and possibly after the full release of the game), we intend to share custom server files to allow you to host your own multiplayer game servers ... early access will continue on into next year, with our current estimate for the full release being Q2 2022. We are fairly confident that we will hit that target, however, if we feel the game still isn’t ready at that point, then we will delay the release."
No servers until 2023. With that you can bury this project alongside with it, someone say a prayer maybe.

No servers until 2023. With that you can bury this project alongside with it, someone say a prayer maybe.
And Taleworlds can bury any sort of multiplayer playerbase with it. Their proposed skins and battlemode aren't gonna bring back the hundreds+ that left and wont keep the hundred remaining interested for the next year. Its as if TW doesn't realize that other games are being made that people will migrate to, who's gonna wanna play a half baked 3+ year old mp with no players over a new exciting title that is bound to come out in that time frame. Once the MP is finally dead I dont expect the SP to last long either. Those warband Server and Mod communities were anchors and brought new people In, thats how I found warband in the first place after coming across some Full Invasion videos, which eventually led to playing the SP even though it seemed 'old', the unique and fun mp was a massive draw. Bannerlords MP on the other hand is the opposite of that, the class system, ranked matchmaking, all this garbage wasnt asked for because we just wanted to have fun like in Warband, not whatever this is. At this point though we are all just screaming the the dark, Upper management doesnt read any of this, even if they did they wouldnt care.

I think we just gotta wait for another company pick up on whats going and make a competitor where we can migrate to

And Taleworlds can bury any sort of multiplayer playerbase with it. Their proposed skins and battlemode aren't gonna bring back the hundreds+ that left and wont keep the hundred remaining interested for the next year. Its as if TW doesn't realize that other games are being made that people will migrate to, who's gonna wanna play a half baked 3+ year old mp with no players over a new exciting title that is bound to come out in that time frame. Once the MP is finally dead I dont expect the SP to last long either. Those warband Server and Mod communities were anchors and brought new people In, thats how I found warband in the first place after coming across some Full Invasion videos, which eventually led to playing the SP even though it seemed 'old', the unique and fun mp was a massive draw. Bannerlords MP on the other hand is the opposite of that, the class system, ranked matchmaking, all this garbage wasnt asked for because we just wanted to have fun like in Warband, not whatever this is. At this point though we are all just screaming the the dark, Upper management doesnt read any of this, even if they did they wouldnt care.

I think we just gotta wait for another company pick up on whats going and make a competitor where we can migrate to
Mordhau, Chivalry 2, Conquerors Blade, For honor... there are plenty of competitors...

Don't like Bannerlord - pick another option. I've played all of the above.

Mordhau, Chivalry 2, Conquerors Blade, For honor... there are plenty of competitors...

Don't like Bannerlord - pick another option. I've played all of the above.
Warband's MP was practically medieval Garry's Mod with lots of bots
We had the roleplay servers like Jailbreak or Historical Reenactments, lotr Roleplay etc.
Then there's the Persistent Worlds server which were pretty much DarkRP - money printers
The PvE mods like Full Invasion and Nord Invasions
the crazy NeoGK native servers, where you could fly a baloon to the top of a Mountain
The Star Wars multiplayer mod...

The list goes on theres so much variety for every type of player. The games you mentioned go nowhere near what warband in that regard. And its is damn shame TW cant see that either

Back
Top Bottom