[BL] Warbanner - Bringing Warband to Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

At current rate this mod will release before the fabled "multiplayer" patch.

There was never going to be a patch that re-enabled the swing-spam from Warband. Idk why you keep having confidence in something that was never happening. Stay with this. Modding was always going to be your best hope. And I said so from the beginning. Not that anyone would listen.

There was never going to be a patch that re-enabled the swing-spam from Warband. Idk why you keep having confidence in something that was never happening. Stay with this. Modding was always going to be your best hope. And I said so from the beginning. Not that anyone would listen.
I don't know what swing-spam you talk about, perhaps you mean feint-spam, because the swing-spam is a thing only in Bannerlord currently, allowed by the increased block delay and OP left swings in the correct stance with a slightly faster-than-average weapon, but the developers announced that at least part of the responsiveness of Warband IS coming back, that's why the MP community is cautiously hyped about, so it wouldn't be fair to diminish developers' work like that.
As @Klebari said the upcoming Parameter Changes were based on community feedback from threads such as this, but also many other remarks and actually from the people that tested it with us.
The changes are based on the so called 'community combat parameters', so I think we are good.

I don't know what swing-spam you talk about, perhaps you mean feint-spam, because the swing-spam is a thing only in Bannerlord currently, allowed by the increased block delay and OP left swings in the correct stance with a slightly faster-than-average weapon, but the developers announced that at least part of the responsiveness of Warband IS coming back, that's why the MP community is cautiously hyped about, so it wouldn't be fair to diminish developers' work like that.

Yes I meant feint-spam. If that's true than I won't be coming back to MP, and it will be real funny to have 2 completely different systems one in SP for the n0obs TW was so eager to reach with BL and one in MP lol. Good luck with that, TaleWorlds, I'll be singing your tales. In that case I will also abandon SP because what's the use of "practicing" in SP if it's not convertible. Right now, the SP fighting AI is not too bad anymore from what I saw, but without at least a little practice value for MP I'm gone. In that case you people with your non-stop heart rate >150 obsession can stick the game where the sun doesn't shine.

Last edited:
There ALREADY is a feel for difference between SP and MP, has nothing to do with combat parameters alone, but the low set proefficiencies of the MP classes (was arround ~55 for their main weapons), that among other things differs from those from SP plus the fact that player himself can level up much higher than that is only giving a feel that it is different.
Same way the new parameters should affect SP too, not having different system, but will perhaps once again only feel a bit different than MP, but should be more of a smooth transition between SP and MP, that's how i see it.
We should be able to see the exact state once the patch releases.

There ALREADY is a feel for difference between SP and MP, has nothing to do with combat parameters, but the low set proefficiencies of the MP classes (was arround ~55 for their main weapons), that differs from those from SP plus the fact that player himself can level up much higher than that is only giving a feel that it is different.
Same way the new parameters should affect SP too, not having different system, but will once again feel a bit different than MP, but should be more of a smooth transition between SP and MP, that's how i see it.

There's no way in heaven you can sell the feint-spam crap in SP. Even if the enemies don't use it. In any case, when there's feint-spam in any: I leave. When there's too much divergence between SP and MP: I leave. There's other great medieval sandbox games like "Kingdoms" which will get MP not too far in the future and is in many aspects while still a little rough around the edges one could argue much more of a sandbox than Bannerlord. I'm here for realism and consistency, nothing else.

When you love this franchise, you can never truly "leave".

As i said in my previous comment, SP and MP are already much different, but it didn't make you leave, did it.

So i think you will not leave after the new patch, which should, even whilst it is on the Beta branch, bring the MP population back up to the healthy levels, bring more consistency in combat mechanics (such as chambering, from the top of my head) and reasons to "leave" will be less and less.

If realism is a deal-breaker though, then there is every reason to "leave", because the franchise has never been hyper realistic.

When you love this franchise, you can never truly "leave".

As i said in my previous comment, SP and MP are already much different, but it didn't make you leave, did it.

So i think you will not leave after the new patch, which should, even whilst it is on the Beta branch, bring the MP population back up to the healthy levels, bring more consistency in combat mechanics (such as chambering, from the top of my head) and reasons to "leave" will be less and less.

If realism is a deal-breaker though, then there is every reason to "leave", because the franchise has never been hyper realistic.

I am not here because I "love the franchise". I love no franchise, you can make me run pretty quickly if I'm not immersed anymore. The franchise is clearly trying to be realistic lol. Otherwise do you have any idea how many idiots you can attract by just introducing dragons and wizards and BS like that? There is a silent majority of players who never installed a mod in their life, never will who never sleep and only play magic stuff. Sure a huge chunk of current user base would leave and curse you till your days end, but you don't want to miss out on the endless masses of money others - many more - would throw at you UNLESS you're trying to be consistent to a high extent and are principled to focus on as much realism as possible and feasible in a computer game.

How to lose brainscells step 2

You just don't know how to play.

Ouh, you were right of course. I lose brain cells every time you post from facepalming alone.

Last edited:
Yes I meant feint-spam. If that's true than I won't be coming back to MP, and it will be real funny to have 2 completely different systems one in SP for the n0obs TW was so eager to reach with BL and one in MP lol. Good luck with that, TaleWorlds, I'll be singing your tales. In that case I will also abandon SP because what's the use of "practicing" in SP if it's not convertible. Right now, the SP fighting AI is not too bad anymore from what I saw, but without at least a little practice value for MP I'm gone. In that case you people with your non-stop heart rate >150 obsession can stick the game where the sun doesn't shine.

I can’t even comprehend how stupid you would have to be to think feint spamming isn’t currently a problem. Any combat changes, especially those directed at making blocking more consistent, will help alleviate feints, not makes them worse.

I can’t even comprehend how stupid you would have to be to think feint spamming isn’t currently a problem. Any combat changes, especially those directed at making blocking more consistent, will help alleviate feints, not makes them worse.

I actually haven't played MP since around a month, I'm going to assume not much has changed since then in that regard. Feinting is great. But it should be only possible at human arm movement speed, not 5x per second from different directions. Is all I'm saying.

I actually haven't played MP since around a month, I'm going to assume not much has changed since then in that regard. Feinting is great. But it should be only possible at human arm movement speed, not 5x per second from different directions. Is all I'm saying.

Feinting was not possible 10 times per second in warband. It was used much less as a tool than currently in Bannerlord.

Feinting is not at human speed right now, because due to the block delay you can switch your attack directions faster than a human can switch block directions. Feinting is faster than human reflexes can keep up with because inputs lag behind for other mechanics. Both future patches and Mods such as this are aiming to change that.

Who the hell cares about realism in a game where you can get headshotted from the best bow in the game without anything on your head and still survive with a sliver of health? I guess only you do

Who the hell cares about realism in a game where you can get headshotted from the best bow in the game without anything on your head and still survive with a sliver of health? I guess only you do

That's just to not make you cry and go berserk here on the forums. A concession I am making playing it as I still know what kind of snowflakes play this game. If it was only me as far as I'm concerned you could get syphilis in the game and play with only one arm from day 2. But inhumane combat movement which needs a high pulse addiction to compete is where it stops for me.

That's just to not make you cry and go berserk here on the forums. A concession I am making playing it as I still know what kind of snowflakes play this game. If it was only me as far as I'm concerned you could get syphilis in the game and play with only one arm from day 2. But inhumane combat movement which needs a high pulse addiction to compete is where it stops for me.
actually im pretty sure getting ohk without any armor is less frustrating than placing the perfect headshot as an archer and dealing 97 damage, but ok. If you cant compete, just play casually like in a siege where individual skill isnt as important

actually im pretty sure getting ohk without any armor is less frustrating than placing the perfect headshot as an archer and dealing 97 damage, but ok. If you cant compete, just play casually like in a siege where individual skill isnt as important

It's not about not being able to, it's about not wanting to first and foremost. And because I avoid doing it I would need practice first again to get me into it. Which is only possible at a constant high stress level. I played warband MP. It wasn't fun. I still more or less got the hang of it at some point but only because I'm too stubborn and proud and as said, it wasn't fun and I stopped.

Feinting was not possible 10 times per second in warband. It was used much less as a tool than currently in Bannerlord.

Feinting is not at human speed right now, because due to the block delay you can switch your attack directions faster than a human can switch block directions. Feinting is faster than human reflexes can keep up with because inputs lag behind for other mechanics. Both future patches and Mods such as this are aiming to change that.
Metefa is an absolute fool no point in trying to argue with him. He doesn't know the state of the multiplayer and just came here out of nowhere saying random stupid things.

What can you expect from someone who thinks people should have had their keys revoked during the beta because they made peace on the TDM server on villa when it was the only thing to do

Back
Top Bottom