[BL] Warbanner - Bringing Warband to Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Pumpkin Lord

log2o.png

Hey there,

We are bringing warband to bannerlord, mainly focused on multiplayer but will be able to be used for singleplayer, as we believe Bannerlord is not the future with the current combat. With this project, we want to turn things around, create a truly balanced and polished combat experience and offer a competitive e-sports mod that has all the utilities needed for streamers and tournaments.

Even if you are not a competitive player, you will be happy to know - Warbanner will make Bannerlord play, look and feel a lot like Warband did!

Eventually, we will make our work public so server admins and mods can use our combat as the base if they so choose to.

This project is currently supported by many Warband and Bannerlord competitive/casual players alike. Be one of them! Join our discord for the latest discussions & news: https://discord.gg/u3VchxQ3Wn!

Confirmed Features
________

Remastered Combat Animations
Redesigned Combat
24/7 Warbanner battle servers for NA & EU
Global leaderboard
Server stat tracking
Matchmaking
Redesigned Bannerlord factions
Class system
Removal of perks system, bringing back the fan-favourite equipment selection!
Streamer Mode
Admin Panel
Redesigned Camera
Warband Competitive Maps - Sandiboush, Reveran Village, Castellum and more!
And - more features yet to be announced!

Remember, feature list is decided by mostly the outcome of discord discussions with players & devs. Many more features are still being discussed in discord. So, it will change over time, more features will be added and/or removed. Because, this mod is for you.

Last edited:
This looks very promising, i will still see what taleworlds has to offer for the multiplayer. But if i see they are not changing the class system, i will watch closely on this project :smile:

and more to be added. Please, share in this thread for what I am missing, also I didn't play the latest patches out of my love for warband. So I could use some help. Feel free to discuss.
The God-forsaken 'handling' mechanic responsible for the nonsensical damage calculation.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. ?

Last edited:
Wow the thing we said would happen if multiplayer didn’t have some of the features we asked for is happening because multiplayer doesn’t have the features we asked for.

Are you open to have balance discussions with the community? This is a great opportunity to stamp out some of the issues Warband had while retaining the things which made it great.

I have a few spreadsheets already documenting/analyzing the game, if you want to look at.

Wow the thing we said would happen if multiplayer didn’t have some of the features we asked for is happening because multiplayer doesn’t have the features we asked for.

Are you open to have balance discussions with the community? This is a great opportunity to stamp out some of the issues Warband had while retaining the things which made it great.

Yes, absolutely. It is a good opportunity to tackle those issues, too.

Interesting, but seems VERY premature. I'd give this more consideration if we were nearing the end of EA and balance/other wonky MP things were in the place they are today.

When people’s main issue with the game is the class system and Taleworlds has repeated again and again that they will not reassess the class system it’s fair to assume that it’s going to continue to be a deal breaker for most people.

While I don't want to discredit Taleworlds here and want to urge patience (which is hard I know), I'd love to see Warband being ported to the current engine as a multiplayer mod.

Are you talking only porting the gameplay and general framework, like buying equipment and battle mode, or also porting actual Warband lore as well, like the factions?

Either way, I might be of help doing promotional graphics and such.

Cheers!

While I understand people here; and wish you luck in making a mod that will please you... this is way too early. We don't have custom servers, we don't have mod tools, we don't even know how the MP will look in a weeks time.

Though IMPO maybe splitting the player base might not actually be the worst thing... people can then get on with the version they want. No one needs to argue anymore - everyone can play as they choose. Certainly CS;GO had a similar situation and similar mods when it changed from source.

While I understand people here; and wish you luck in making a mod that will please you... this is way too early. We don't have custom servers, we don't have mod tools, we don't even know how the MP will look in a weeks time.

Custom servers are coming, no mod tools doesn't stop the plethora of singleplayer mods we see, and we know at the very least some things that won't change that people want changed like the class system. And posting this thread and announcing the mod is at least a signal of intent to Taleworlds I guess.

Custom servers are coming, no mod tools doesn't stop the plethora of singleplayer mods we see, and we know at the very least some things that won't change that people want changed like the class system. And posting this thread and announcing the mod is at least a signal of intent to Taleworlds I guess.
Well good luck to you. it is very clear the class system is remaining. I personally hoped the plethora of other improvements coming might be enough to push people into 'accepting' the class system... but guess we will see. At least this mod opens an avenue by which we need not further argue about it. Players will have a literal choice for which system their prefer (or both! Variety is the spice of life).

What about damage localization ? Because I don't see how gear customization will work without damage localization.

Great mod btw, certainly the one who will make me play bannerlord again.

What about damage localization ? Because I don't see how gear customization will work without damage localization.

Great mod btw, certainly the one who will make me play bannerlord again.
Agree on this, if you get full armor customization, the damage localization from singleplayer has to come with it

Back
Top Bottom