Users who are viewing this thread

I was originally going to try and make this mod myself, but after decompiling a few DLL files I have come to realize that I am way out of my league here.

What I'm asking for is a mod that, when the player character kills/knocks out an enemy, their inventory will be added either directly to the players inventory or added to the random loot obtained after the battle. This way it feels like you had first dibs on the loot from the guys you downed, without just flooding the after battle loot with ALL the high lvl gear.

Here's another idea, more Vlandian and Battanian helmet designs, colors and variety

6ASt7Vf.jpg

Last edited:
I read someone wants to change the names of Companions. There is a method for it.
The CITEditor has the possibility in it.

There is something Companion related I'm interested in. The game takes the order how it choose the companion that acompanies one in the Cities not by the Party order, it does it by the Clan order. So...I would like to be able to change the way companions are ordered on the Clan screen.
It also becomes even more interesting when using a mod that increases the amount of companios you can have in your party.

Spear & Lance Pennants, small banners to enrich the formation.

Cloth Barding for Horses. This barding would provide no real protection, just a cheap alternative for lowly cavalrymen to display their loyalties.

Here's an example of both:
tomswallpapers.com-22366.jpg

Incredible_Facts_Templars_knights_crusades-min.jpg

Last edited:
This mod will be based on plants and zombies 1/2 and plants and zombies: garden warfare 1/2. this mod must include most of the elements, characters, powers from this two series. is there someone who shares same ideas as me?

I hate the short years...this may or may not be a simple thing.

I'd like to have a full year because I like to play at a slower pace and have the months renamed to normal so I know what time of year it is. |

This is a mod request, obviously depending on simplicity of the mod...IDK the first bit about modding.

Im a talentless hack in terms of modding so i figured id share this idea i had in hopes that someone with more talent than me will think it is also good.

I thought it would be cool if the Empire was expanded upon in terms of troop trees/equipment, and was thinking you could use Roman Cohort era armor for 1 empire faction, either North/West, and for the Southern Empire, it could be more hellenic influenced (think spartan helmets, the bronze ab shaped cuirasses/hoplite armor) etc.

Another random idea if currently possible.

Twitch Integration.
Usernames of watchers appearing over the heads of random units during battles.
And maybe for a more expanded version. It could favor putting subscribers over the heads of higher tier units.

Nothing to flashy, just thought it'd be an amusing lil cosmestical thing the streamers currently binging on the game could enjoy.

Companions need to stop auto recruiting peasants from battle - looking for a mod

After some battle, you can recruit some free troops (not prisonners) , and my companions parties always recruit them, going over the party size limit which then lead to troops leaving their party.
I am keeping a companion party with me as an army the whole time, and i find this extremely annoying. I dont want to trade my good khan's guards hardly acquired for some peasants. Right now I have to manually check my companion's party size, and do a lot of clicking to get rid of those pesky peasants.

Is there a mod to prevent this? I have just checked the whole list on nexusmod but couldnt find one.
Otherwise, can a great soul develop one?

I think the best setting would be to prevent our companions from recruiting the troops after reaching their party size limit (or maybe make the last recruited troops leave first when the party is oversized?)
Thanks

A modication to the map which makes it possible to wander up to the far north area of the map.

( the large uaccesable snowvy area north of the Sturgians)

I don't know how to make it available myself, but if someone could make it happen, then it would be amazing.

I really enjoy the prompt in the Bandit Hideouts to fight 1v1 and wish there were more occasions in the game where you are offered a 1v1 fight.

Would be nice if somebody handled a mod where when you are defending a city and it gets attacked, and you parley with the attacking army's leader, you could request a 1v1 fight to determine the fate of the city.

Another option would be when you are "taken prisoner" after losing a fight. Instead of being helplessly dragged around, would be nice if you could request a 1v1 trial by combat. If you win you're released, if you lose, you die.

How about a mod where your companions relocate to your fief after your party wipes. Sick of having to play fetch the companion game after my party is wiped out in battle. Or the ability to talk to companions remotely and have them join the party, no matter where they are on the map.

I would love to see this system from Warband be added to Bannerlord makes the combat so much better and I know a lot of people used it in warband including myself and yes it was an option that you could choose."Attack control on relative enemy position"

Last edited:
I would love to see this system from Warband be added to Bannerlord makes the combat so much better and I know a lot of people used it in warband including myself and yes it was an option that you could choose.

Did ya forget something in your post? You mention a option from warband, but don't actually show what it is.

Last edited:
My post was for adding back "Attack control on relative enemy position" really grate combat system from Warband.Basicaly what it did was if you had an enemy in front of you and you started your swing on the left side of the enemy it would swing your weapon from left to right if you started your swing on right side of enemy you would swing from right to left same with starting from above enemy it would be a down word swing and if you looked strait at the enemy and attacked it would be a stabbing attack so it streamlined the attack system and made it so that you could control in witch direction you would attack from with minimal inputs from the player thus giving the player more time to focus on his or her strategy and movement in the battle itself even more relevant with the very big battles of Bannerlord .Very useful if your like me and like fighting on foot but works just as well for mounted combat.

If you ad it please make it so that your character changes stances automatically to maximize weapon speed that would be so grait.

Last edited:
So since i bought the game when i play it i had all these ideas for mods come into my head so i thought i better start writing them down. Here is what i have so far. I do have basic experience and pretty decent understanding of character modeling and creating textures, but i have never coded before... so this list is basically just my wish list hoping that someone more knowledgeable might pick one up

morale chants during a battle' which enables perks for units nearby

have lancing tournaments at city arena

ck2 mods

spears get stuck in horses

360 degree balista so you can shoot into castle

a selection of different war horns that you can take into battle... you could potentially smithy some of varying sizes.

take the ladders to the castle instead of them already being placed down at the start of the game.

two weapons one in each hand like battle axes

army can gain or lose weight: lose weight if not a varied diet like just eatin grain and gain weight if not moving army around being idle or just buying beer or something this could make them slower or faster on battlefield

carry fire torches at night/ including fire arrows characters have to buy the oil when teading and dip their arrows in oil on inventory screen, you can give them to individual archers, then when in battle you need to light them up at nearest fire point which could be a beacon held by a troopman

toss oil down at castle gate through hole and light it causing troops to be set on fire, siege equipment can also be set on fire/ vegetation can be set on fire similar to fire like in far cry 2 where it can spread but eventially will peter out

more effective shield wall

scouting areas you scout with companions: parts where you enter the map and you can look around (troops can be found like leaning against a dilapitated old wall like 'hadrians wall' or huddled up at fireplace) to find soldiers who have been left behind from battle or something and you have opportunity to recruit them, they could attack you or you can leave them to starve)Could potentially encounter bandits aswell

attacks from packs of wild animals like werewolves or some beasts native to the map area. this could offer same difficulty for a new game like bandits except you would see them less frequently i.e a pack of wolves migh try and hun tyou down if you are in a densley wooded area.You could then either slaughter them for pelts/hides etc... or recruit them into your army which might also have a mechanic where you need a specific character 'animal tamer' in order to recruit them.

Maybe you could even add animals to your army i.e wolves from battania, elephants from aserai which you can put archers on like lotr). Imagine sitting on top of an elephant charging into battle and you pulling the reins to move the horns to take swing towards 50 troops.
Wolves could be effective 'scouts' at the beginning of a battle.

Maybe you could train to become a falconer like in ck2 this couls allow you at start of the game to go into 'eagle vision' similar to assasins creed odyssey so you could get a birds eye view of the army aproaching.

massive map walls like hadrians wall or great wall of china,

severing of limbs broken bones causing people to limp or having to switch hand for weapon usage which has a penalty makes their strike weaker, if get hit in the shoulder when on horse for example or when you're health is really low you struggle holding the weapon like can't hold a spear as upright you're slightly drooped

when you seige a castle you actually can go into simulation and ride around the camp where everyone is getting ready with all the tents pitched up, soldiers drinking beer at huge firepits,

more destructible walls in seiges

'call and response' oooraa chant

A medieval magic fantasy overhaul which has dragons, armies of the dead, and massive arrow weapons for taking them down like in got

other far fetched wishes

increased detail of specific character models... i.e really detailed characters made from zbrush with decent hieght maps with skin pore detail/ detailed facial structure

multiplayer mod where all people are actually players: recruits, army leaders, etc.. everyone is actually a player in a massive server.

this is work in progress i will continue adding to my mod list
I've been slowly adding ideas to the main thread, and while some are easier than others to integrate, when I reached this post of yours I had to stop and explain why I won't add this, in its current form, to the thread:
  1. It's too many unordered and uncategorized small ideas. Please group together the ideas that fall under a similar theme, ideally explaining what that theme is with a representative synopsis.
  2. I'm not going to go back to a post to check if anything is going to be changed or added in the future. Please make a new post with your new suggestions or new edits to old ones, so that I may know that I need to update the main thread.
  3. Some ideas are simply too vague or it's unclear how they would be integrated into the game. You don't need to go into massive detail: "more destructible walls in sieges" on its own is very clear, but others like "ck2 mods", "more effective shield wall", or "'call and response' oooraa chant" are very unclear to me. Do you want mods that recreate the CK2 experience? In what way? Or do you want mods that were in CK2 to be made in Bannerlord as well? What problem do you wish was resolved with the current shield wall? Do you have any suggestions on how? How would the Oorah chant work? Would it have any gameplay function? I'm not going to point out every suggestion that doesn't look very clear to me, please look for inspiration from the main thread or some of the more articulate posters here: just to give one excellent example (not the only one I may add), RookUS's post was brief yet extremely clear.
Thank you for your contribution, though. I understand that it's not easy, but ideas are the cheapest part of making mods or games and the least we can do is be organized and easily understandable.

PS: All the guidelines above apply to everyone else as well. I might be able to understand what you wrote but I shouldn't have a headache when I get there. Also please, guys, I beg you: use punctuation. Just enough so that people don't need to re-read your sentences several times. Spend those extra 5 minutes before posting, it saves me a lot more time than you'd think.

Last edited:
Hello there!

When i took a Castle or city, i can't sit on throne. It's may seem like an unnecessary request but it's really annoying. Imagine, you doing roleplay while play for more fun, and you cost an effort to took castle. You entering to lord's hall and thinking of sitting on your throne. Feels honorable because of been new king. BUT YOU CAN'T EVEN SIT YOUR THRONE! In future everyone play for roleplay and it will be very helpful.

note: You can sit some throne. But not all

I've been slowly adding ideas to the main thread, and while some are easier than others to integrate, when I reached this post of yours I had to stop and explain why I won't add this, in its current form, to the thread:
  1. It's too many unordered and uncategorized small ideas. Please group together the ideas that fall under a similar theme, ideally explaining what that theme is with a representative synopsis.
  2. I'm not going to go back to a post to check if anything is going to be changed or added in the future. Please make a new post with your new suggestions or new edits to old ones, so that I may know that I need to update the main thread.
  3. Some ideas are simply too vague or it's unclear how they would be integrated into the game. You don't need to go into massive detail: "more destructible walls in sieges" on its own is very clear, but others like "ck2 mods", "more effective shield wall", or "'call and response' oooraa chant" are very unclear to me. Do you want mods that recreate the CK2 experience? In what way? Or do you want mods that were in CK2 to be made in Bannerlord as well? What problem do you wish was resolved with the current shield wall? Do you have any suggestions on how? How would the Oorah chant work? Would it have any gameplay function? I'm not going to point out every suggestion that doesn't look very clear to me, please look for inspiration from the main thread or some of the more articulate posters here: just to give one excellent example (not the only one I may add), RookUS's post was brief yet extremely clear.
Thank you for your contribution, though. I understand that it's not easy, but ideas are the cheapest part of making mods or games and the least we can do is be organized and easily understandable.

PS: All the guidelines above apply to everyone else as well. I might be able to understand what you wrote but I shouldn't have a headache when I get there. Also please, guys, I beg you: use punctuation. Just enough so that people don't need to re-read your sentences several times. Spend those extra 5 minutes before posting, it saves me a lot more time than you'd think.

okay, sure. I was initially going to post a post that was more polished i.e it didn't just look like some notes (with a bit more flesh) that i'd hurriedly written down but this was probably because of two reasons; one because I got over excited about it all and wanted any potential people who could take the idea somewhere (maybe including myself, unlikely though haha!) to see them sooner rather than later as if people start working on them now then more likely to be in the game, and two i'm completely new to this forum so i don't know what the kind of etiquette that is preferably suited, I initiatly actually wanted to 'flesh' my ideas out more and build upon them but thought this was a kind of fast 'experimental thought/ idea thingy that people toss back and forth ideas in a fast manner, but that's probably more suited for reddit.

I'll resubmit a post and take out some of the vauge ones

thanks

So here are several ideas I've been thinking about when playing the game, that I think would be a good addition.

1. Morale chants during a battle' which enables perks for units nearby. This would be limited to a particular vicinity from you and sorrounding troops

2. It would be amazing if there were lancing tournaments at the city arena tournaments. It could be in one round of the compeition and there could be a temporary wooden bannister along the middle like in a Kinights tale. There could be 3 or 4 rounds. Shield damage might be weaker for the sake of the tournament or the jousts are stronger so they could break to pieces leaving you more vulnerable. And You could become injured during the joust reducing your chances in the next round.

3. Lance stuck in horse Your main weapon such as your lance, if there was a strong hit towards another horse, could get stuck. Forcing you to choose another weapon and having to get off horse and taking the spear out if you want it back or you could possibly be dismounted.

4. I noticed that you can only fire the balistas that are on the siege walls facing out, but when troops break into castle you can no longer
use the balista. It would be cool if the balista could spin 360 degrees so you could shoot at enemies in the castle.

5. A selection of different war horns that you can take into battle like Borimirs horn in LOTR. You could potentially smithy some of varying sizes. They could give troops a morale boost or reduce morale in the other army.

6. Think this is one already quite in demand: take the ladders to the castle instead of them already being placed down at the start of the game.

7. Being able to wield two weapons one in each hand like battle axes, and maybe on a horse aswell.

8.Having seen the recent update where NPC troops can be of varying bodyweight. I thought it might be cool if the army can gain or lose weight: lose weight if they don't have a varied diet like just eating grain and gain weight if not moving army around/being idle or just buying fatty foods.This could make them slower or faster on battlefield.

9.Being able to carry fire torches at night which can light up fire arrows. I saw the recent mod with fire arrows but there was no limit to their use making them seem quite unrealistic. To improve on this mod I was thinking you would have to buy the oil when trading and dip the arrows into oil either in inventory before battle or when in battle. So you could either select a number of archers with oil arrows before battle or when in battle you could act a command to tell archers to dip them into a big oil bucket and then light them up with the fire beacon that's being held by a soldier. Oil and fire use could be extended such as tossing oil down the hole at the castle gate and lighting it causing troops to be set on fire and siege equipment. There could be potentially 'anti- fire' material that you could put on top of battering ram before battle.I appreciate that physics based stuff is always really difficult, but I read somewhere that the blood is physics based so maybe it could be similar?

10. This one has already probably been covered, but making the penalty much severe when horses run into a shield wall. Making it harder for them to break through and where troops can really get behind a shield and only show a spear extended out. This is in plenty of films like 300.

11. Scouting areas you scout with companions. There could be parts of the map that are simulated but not just for battle, this could be sites of novel interest such as landmarks that could offer potential perks or the remnants of a previously fought battle.For example troops could be found like leaning against a dilapidated old wall like or huddled up at a fireplace. You could engage in dialogue with them and potentially recruit them. This might be a better way of getting some troops who are a bit better than recruits at villages but are injured so might take them a few days to be of use. But they could potentially attack you instead.

12. Attacks from packs of wild animals like werewolves or some beasts native to the map area, this could offer same difficulty for a new game like bandits except you would see them less frequently i.e a pack of wolves might try and hunt you down if you are in a densely wooded area.
You could then either slaughter them for pelts/hides etc... or recruit them into your army which might also have a mechanic where you need a specific character 'animal tamer' in order to recruit them.Some animals native to areas could be wolves, boars, elephants.... and each could have
a distinctive perk like wolves could be a useful scout before battle or for being a nuisance towards cavalry.Elephants on the other hand could be used as front line chargers which have army members siting on a perch on top of the elephant (there is special name for it but can't remember), there could be 3 one with polearm, other with bow and one with spears and 1 driver. This would be historically accurate for the types of troops that were used in India and by the Carthnagians.

13. Maybe you could train to become a falconer like in ck2, This allows you at start of a battle simulation to go into 'eagle vision' similar to assassins creed odyssey so you could get a birds eye view of the army approaching.

14. Potentially massive map walls that are similarly like a fort or city which you could capture. Themes could be like Hadrian wall for empire or great wall of china, You could only capture one part of the wall at a time i.e areas which are designed to be fortified and have garrisons of troops.

15. Severing of limbs and broken bones causing people to limp or having to switch hand for weapon usage which has the penalty of making their strike weaker. For example, if you get hit in the shoulder when on horse or when you're health is really low you droop on your horse. This mioht be unrealisitc to implement as every single soldier would start limping when injured which could be really computer demanding. If anything just an indication when you are on your last few bars of health, some sort of animation where you are limping, drooped and les effective.

16.When you siege a castle, you can go into simulation and ride around the camp where everyone is getting ready with all the tents pitched up, soldiers drinking beer at huge fire-pits etc..Maybe you could walk into a tent and there woul dbe your companions and a map showing all the different terrain. Allowing you to look at number of units of the enemy and your own and consider positioning before starting or giving you the option to position prior to start of game.

17. More destructible walls in Sieges. I appreciate that it would be hard to make all the walls physics based even if they were very low poly, although perhaps there could be more weak spots that would trigger an animation of destruction. SImilarly, it would be cool if you first had to disrupt an area of the wall before you could move your siege towards the wall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom