Users who are viewing this thread

Impriving upon the idea above, what about being able to order your companions to fetch whatever you need at base price? Need hardwood? pay 25 a piece and he will bring you lots, need horse archers? pay 200 each and he comes back with 25, etc

Added reference to the Arena Expansion Mod in the main thread, under the Starting Arena Loadout suggestion.

This is a very good thread, I was just looking for something like it :smile:
Glad you like it ?

Suggestion (minor):

I would like a way to order materials. Either from the village itself that produces the material or perhaps you can place it in your town. Ex: I'm trying to be a smith but I keep running out of hardwood. Can I place an order and have it delivered to my town / get a notification when it's ready in the village?
Impriving upon the idea above, what about being able to order your companions to fetch whatever you need at base price? Need hardwood? pay 25 a piece and he will bring you lots, need horse archers? pay 200 each and he comes back with 25, etc
Yuuuge weapons
Let you go even further beyond when selecting the size of pieces in the smith crafting menu, like 4x the current max
All added to the main thread!

Skill focus is the most unfun mechanic ever invented
Mod to convert attributes and skill focus into effective bonus to skills, and you always have the maxed multiplier
Skill focus = +10 to the skill and attributes +5 to all 3 skills
All skill gain is as if you have 10 in the attribute and 5 in skill focus
OBS: Attributes and skill focuses will not unlock traits, they will only affect the passive skill bonus (like attack speed and damage for two handers)

Exactly as they were on Warband. Why not? They were awesome, and of course, tournament dedications.
????
Any hero modders out there up for this valiant task?

I'm not skilled enough in coding to do this myself, but a much needed feature/mod that was present in the Floris modpack for Warband was allowing your companions to automatically upgrade their equipment from post-battle loot.

I may try to work on this myself if nothing shows up in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

I haven't found anything about this yet but I wish for some editors. I was hoping Taleworlds would do this as they were talking about modding tools but we might be needing something like Morgh's again. Troop editor, item editor, party editor, character editor, etc. Would also be useful with a faction editor making it easy to create an extra faction, set which lords and castles will belong to it and add a troop tree to it and a map editor where you could move the position of settlements.

GUYS i have great ideas, firstly you must do rename your companions mod second is when you die in battle you can watch your companions so if you click E or etc. you can remote your selected companion after death like in cs-go after death bots i really want this two mods please some one do that for me i dont have any idea for creating mods

I have a suggestion: Troop auto-upgrade

Two new buttons on the troop "collapse bar":
a ) Upgrade all troops that have only one possible path
b ) Upgrade all troops; when two paths are possible, one must have been on the encyclopedia before-hand to tick a box on the troop possibilities meaning "preferred path". If the upgrade is impossible because of a lack of horse or money, just skip it (meaning don't go the other way).

I imagine logos for the buttons could be :
a ) a single thick upwards arrow
b ) two upwards branching arrows, one thick and one thin

And also: Prisoner auto-recruit
This one's straightforward !

I think these could even be in Native, frankly.

Another:Auto transfer out of ammo units to another unit like some of the warband mods did, auto retreat is also nice
Setting an auto retreat point would also be lovely, so you can control for your units to not retreat through the enemy infantry

The main thread as been re-formatted to be more accommodating to the increasingly high number of ideas ?

Idk is this the place to post it but i have this mod idea. When total battle size caps out from your selected battle size instead of keep sending armies at parties it splits the battle to days. Ex: There is a battle going on between northern and western empires. Northern empire has 1200 soldier western empire has 1400 soldiers and your battle size cap is 500. Total of 2600 soldiers split it in to 6 days of battle(2600/500=5.2). Each day battle of 500 will be fought until one side wins. Idk how to make it but i am sure there are some beasts that can make this like its nothing.
Skill focus is the most unfun mechanic ever invented
Mod to convert attributes and skill focus into effective bonus to skills, and you always have the maxed multiplier
Skill focus = +10 to the skill and attributes +5 to all 3 skills
All skill gain is as if you have 10 in the attribute and 5 in skill focus
OBS: Attributes and skill focuses will not unlock traits, they will only affect the passive skill bonus (like attack speed and damage for two handers)
Exactly as they were on Warband. Why not? They were awesome, and of course, tournament dedications.
????
Any hero modders out there up for this valiant task?
With the potential of Bannerlord, it would be great to play a mod in the era of plate armours!
What do you think?

Comment guys! Make it Happen! ?
I haven't found anything about this yet but I wish for some editors. I was hoping Taleworlds would do this as they were talking about modding tools but we might be needing something like Morgh's again. Troop editor, item editor, party editor, character editor, etc. Would also be useful with a faction editor making it easy to create an extra faction, set which lords and castles will belong to it and add a troop tree to it and a map editor where you could move the position of settlements.
GUYS i have great ideas, firstly you must do rename your companions mod second is when you die in battle you can watch your companions so if you click E or etc. you can remote your selected companion after death like in cs-go after death bots i really want this two mods please some one do that for me i dont have any idea for creating mods
I have a suggestion: Troop auto-upgrade

Two new buttons on the troop "collapse bar":
a ) Upgrade all troops that have only one possible path
b ) Upgrade all troops; when two paths are possible, one must have been on the encyclopedia before-hand to tick a box on the troop possibilities meaning "preferred path". If the upgrade is impossible because of a lack of horse or money, just skip it (meaning don't go the other way).

I imagine logos for the buttons could be :
a ) a single thick upwards arrow
b ) two upwards branching arrows, one thick and one thin

And also: Prisoner auto-recruit
This one's straightforward !

I think these could even be in Native, frankly.
Another:Auto transfer out of ammo units to another unit like some of the warband mods did, auto retreat is also nice
Setting an auto retreat point would also be lovely, so you can control for your units to not retreat through the enemy infantry
All ideas added to the main thread! If you can't find an idea under a new title, it's probably a bullet point under a pre-existing similar idea.

I'm not skilled enough in coding to do this myself, but a much needed feature/mod that was present in the Floris modpack for Warband was allowing your companions to automatically upgrade their equipment from post-battle loot.

I may try to work on this myself if nothing shows up in the coming weeks.

Thanks!
The idea was already present in the main thread! You can find under the "Enhanced Companions" title

Outstanding job as usual translating ramblings into summarized ideas

Oh yeah: Non combat troops
Herders: Count as 10 units for herding
Mounted Herders: Count as 7 units for herding, but mounted
Spice Traders: High salary, improves morale by X for up to 30 troops (10 spice traders serves an army of 300 with no penalty)
Wagon: expensive, but 2500 cargo capacity

Since we're on the topic of mods, I'd really like BL to have a more complex inventory management system.

The way I imagine it, the inventory would be a grid much like in A-RPGS with variable sized items. Right now, each item stack takes a whole inventory line, so the current system has lots of unused space and I don't think this would make things more cluttered.

Mounts could add blocks to the grid. To avoid micro-management, I think a carriage system based on the engineer skill could be implemented, where you could camp (ties in with another mod idea) in a forest and select a ''Create carts for the horses" option. Once you have carts going on, every mile*(inventory square used) grants x engineering xp, which could make for an early-game route of leveling Engineering. These carts multiply the inventory slots granted by the mount. Mount types are kept, in that this option is only available for pack animals, and so the fast traveling is still possible.

Maybe instead of having to camp in a forest, you'd consume hardwood, which you could also gather by camping in the forest.

The short-coming of this kind of inventory is the necessity for organization. Now to make this an early-game only problem, I suggest carts can be fused together, so that you have an abundance of space later on. In the end, this would just allow for a more visual and less scrolly way to present the inventory contents.

Where this system could get interesting, is with the addition of containers. You could purchase chests, boxes, etc... Similar things exist in other games, but basically a satchel could take one inventory slot (square) but offer 4 when opened. Where this would be a QoL improvement, is if you could assign, to each container, a type of item: smeltable weapons, armor, etc... There could be specific mechanics associated to these containers; for example, a crate full of smeltables could be deposited as is at a workshop for smelting. When you come back later, you have a box full of metal ingots to retrieve.

I don't know, it's just a kind of inventory I like in games !

*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Forgotten Realm is a great setting, but magic might be hard to implement.

The main thread as been re-formatted to be more accommodating to the increasingly high number of ideas ?

All ideas added to the main thread! If you can't find an idea under a new title, it's probably a bullet point under a pre-existing similar idea.

The idea was already present in the main thread! You can find under the "Enhanced Companions" title
Thank you man! :xf-smile:
Since I saw that various ideas are expressed here, not only on mods, I would have another thing to say:

since the game is much more complicated and different in many aspects from WB, it would be a good idea (I think) to put a "tutor" as in Rome 2 TW which explains the various aspects of the game.

Last edited:
It could just be 1h weapons to be realistic. But mabye have an option to allow the player to enable dual-wielding for less realistic weapons. Like dual wielding shields, bows, spears, 2h swords, axes, dual wielding throwing axes. Whatever. Would love to see people messing around spamming throwing axes, or repeadetly shield bashing people. It could work in a way that right click and left click would work for both weapons. So if I was dual-wielding shields, right click would have me block with both shields, or if I have a bow. Right button would hold and fire the right bow, and left button for the left bow.

Back
Top Bottom