Bizzare issue with promoting a companion

Users who are viewing this thread

So here's the following steps that took place:
I lead my own faction.
I took over a castle from an enemy.
I spo2ke to one of my companions "Jythea the Wronged" and granted her the castle I just took, which creates a clan with her as the leader.
Two days later I am forced to grant the same castle to another clan because I lack the influence (I have to say, this mechanic is ridiculous, I'm the leader, I shouldn't need influence). But the new clan remains, everything is normal up to this point.
Jythea the Wronged is defeated in battle and taken prisoner.
After her captors are defeated, she escapes.
I visit a city and a message pops up that "Your companion Jythea the Wronged" is in this settlement" (or something like that)
The only options available when speaking to her is to grant her a feif again as if it never happened before, or take her to my party.
I check the list of Clans in my kingdom, and the clan that was previously created still exists and she is no longer a member.

Is this a bug? It appears that despite creating a new clan with my companion leading it, she never stopped being a companion. So now I have an extra clan in my kingdom with no feifs with two men created out of thin air, and she is once again part of mine.

-edit- I guess this should be moved to the tech support area if possible.

Don't think it's a bug. But it does seems to be a quirky edge case in the way multiple game system interucts. Every time a fief is won a few days later there is a vote on who to assign it too. Before the vote happens it temporary belongs to faction leader. Sounds like you assigned something to the new clan that did not permanently belonged to you because the vote did not happen yet.

Don't think it's a bug. But it does seems to be a quirky edge case in the way multiple game system interucts. Every time a fief is won a few days later there is a vote on who to assign it too. Before the vote happens it temporary belongs to faction leader. Sounds like you assigned something to the new clan that did not permanently belonged to you because the vote did not happen yet.
Honestly, I see two bugs here (or poorly designed features):
The first is that I was able to award a fief through the companion promotion process when the fate of that feif still needed to be decided for the kingdom. A feif that has not yet been decided should not be selectable when promoting a companion.

The second bug is that when I promoted them and they became leader of a new clan, they didn't stop being my companion and got removed from the new clan after being defeated in battle.

Def a bug with them reverting to a wanderer. I thought they said they changed the "use new fief to make clan before election" trick. Probably was something vague like "some actions before a fief owner election have been removed" and I just assumed it was to stop this.

It looks like this (the granting a feif you dont really own yet to a companion to create a clan) was fixed in the 1.7.2 beta, by preventing you from granting a feif during the time after it is taken and before it has been voted on.

Back
Top Bottom