SP Sci-Fi "Bitter Earth" (Mod is dead... p.160 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JetJedi said:
Omg, yay! Now there must be some attack scene on that desert "train-ship" (something from the sky)... If I’m not totally wrong about the film.

I think you are getting two mixed up.  Galaxina has an air attack on a landship.  Cherry 2000 I *think* has what you are talking about, but they had like this car that melanie griffith drives not a plane. Or maybe I am mixing them up....

Never mind (but thanks for the movies reminder). Simply as idea for the world where fuel is rare. Otherwise how these trains move? Steam engine?  :neutral:

JetJedi said:
Never mind (but thanks for the movies reminder). Simply as idea for the world where fuel is rare. Otherwise how these trains move? Steam engine?  :neutral:

Well, a steam engine owuld be able to run off of wood.

Yep, but it's hard to believe in working steam engines from the "old world". Or they have been invented and made after? Well It's not that simple...

Why would that be so hard? Obviously some people survived the destruction of the world, however it happened. And if at least one of them had the same education as me they would be able to build a steam engine. It would take a lot of time experimenting, but you don't need much more knowledge than that. (This is not bragging and saying I can build a steam engine, this is just showing how easy it is, I have finished the equalent of the english secondary school. That's all that's needed, really. And time and material.)

It's quite plausible that the first generation after the destruction, those that survived built a few steam engines, maybe?

Yeah.... I mean, if we came from wearing animal skins and using flint to cut stuff to Quad Core processors, surely someone from within a few thousand survivors could invent a steam engine. Particularly since not all old world tech was lost.

I meant an assembly stage rather than technology. Special factories, tools, etc. It is quite surprising for the world living on the ruins of civilization. If they can create a steam engine then they could create a guns, It brings down some parts of the world concept. But anyway, do as you wish so.

JetJedi said:
I meant an assembly stage rather than technology. Special factories, tools, etc. It is quite surprising for the world living on the ruins of civilization. If they can create a steam engine then they could create a guns, It brings down some parts of the world concept. But anyway, do as you wish so.

if you are implying a steam engine would not possibly be built because there were no way to "forge" parts, then I say built a steam engine with junk and scrap!  :smile:

Great_Duke said:
JetJedi said:

if you are implying a steam engine would not possibly be built because there were no way to "forge" parts, then I say built a steam engine with junk and scrap!  :smile:

Yeah, that is what I was thinking.  The hard thing about a steam engine back then was there were no good tools or measurements yet...but nowadays a wrecked taker or a million cast steel items would be more than capable of housing one.

JetJedi said:

I was under the impression that there were some Post Apocalypse made guns in the mod. Obviously nothing that could compete with a modern weapon, but better than nothing. Kind of like how a poorly built steam engine couldn't compete with a maglev or bullet train.

I don't remember if you've said how the world was destroyed, but isn't it plausible that some trains survived? If the destruction wasn't complete some trains might have been out in nowhere on the tracks, it's hard to see how it all could have been destroyed. Or some trains could be stolen out of museums that almost survived :razz: From what I understood you weren't going to include trains at all though, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Leather Jackets. Patched Leather. These go to replace the cheap Brando jackets we have now, wich really didn't look good to me  :smile: . please give some feedback:

000mauser2extendedlh7.jpg

I was wondering what you were up to today.  I got a big smile when I saw the 'warriors' one.  Now all we need is the Black Rebels Motorcycle Club on the back of a few of them.

The emblems are looking quite good....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom