Big sheet about problems of the game!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm with the OP on a lot of the list, but I completely disagree about a couple of things.

First, there's nothing wrong with canyons and villages. If you're using an army of horse archers and you choose to fight a battle in a canyon or village that's on you. You have the mobility to pick a spot that works better for you. Eliminating maps with choke points would penalize those of us who like to field conventional armies and utilize terrain to defeat AI horse archers.

The second is the part where the enemy starts running out of good troops. That's completely realistic. I hate it when I'm kicking some faction's butt and suddenly the game (generally a Total War title) magics them 3,000 elite units. How am I supposed to win a war of attrition if the AI doesn't suffer from attrition?

Good list otherwise.

You are coming off very entitled, close-minded and being willfully ignorant. You made this post and anyone that points out flaws in your thinking you just say "I have nothing to say to you". That is being intellectually dishonest and it makes me just not even want to bother sharing my thoughts on your post (of which, I like others, agree and disagree). If you actually want feedback or even improve your gameplay experience you are going about it all wrong.
what you say is called manipulation, because I only respond this way to trolls who ignore arguments and focus only on what is beneficial to them

I agree village maps suck to fight on and most of them were blatantly not designed to accommodate the party sizes the game allows but it also doesn't force you to engage inside them all that often.
o7

I'm with the OP on a lot of the list, but I completely disagree about a couple of things.

First, there's nothing wrong with canyons and villages. If you're using an army of horse archers and you choose to fight a battle in a canyon or village that's on you. You have the mobility to pick a spot that works better for you. Eliminating maps with choke points would penalize those of us who like to field conventional armies and utilize terrain to defeat AI horse archers.

The second is the part where the enemy starts running out of good troops. That's completely realistic. I hate it when I'm kicking some faction's butt and suddenly the game (generally a Total War title) magics them 3,000 elite units. How am I supposed to win a war of attrition if the AI doesn't suffer from attrition?

Good list otherwise.
I think that the developers will soon solve "my" problem with the villages for everyone, just adding a map selection at the beginning of the battle

I think that the developers will soon solve "my" problem with the villages for everyone, just adding a map selection at the beginning of the battle
I like the current system, but it could be better. There are times when I pick a fight on a plain and the battle happens in the woods and so forth, so the terrain system needs to be more accurate. Apart from that I'm happy.

I agree about the map system, I can't really choose where to fight even when I chase an enemy out of the woods, I can get some really weird maps. Here is an example of a rescue force to aid one of my fiefs, the Lochana Castle, there are two trees on the map and its a bit hilly terrain.
tYFkm.png

First map and the one I fought on.
hCRGh.png
500 meters of this from two trees on the campaign map.

Different view point
"it is just as I had imagined it"
uzD8X.png

Just to see what other maps I could have gotten I reloaded the game several times.
2nd map
IZp7b.png

3rd time lucky?
QBAro.png
"Perfection" ?

And all of this is supposed to be in front or near my Castle, with this kind of dense magic forest nobody could ever find my Castle

In one game I lost 10 or so tier 5 Cavalry that jumped down a cliff after loading in the battle.

I do hope they make it easier to see what kind of terrain we are in and what we can expect.

I agree about the map system, I can't really choose where to fight even when I chase an enemy out of the woods, I can get some really weird maps. Here is an example of a rescue force to aid one of my fiefs, the Lochana Castle, there are two trees on the map and its a bit hilly terrain.
tYFkm.png

First map and the one I fought on.
hCRGh.png
500 meters of this from two trees on the campaign map.

Different view point
"it is just as I had imagined it"
uzD8X.png

Just to see what other maps I could have gotten I reloaded the game several times.
2nd map
IZp7b.png

3rd time lucky?
QBAro.png
"Perfection" ?

And all of this is supposed to be in front or near my Castle, with this kind of dense magic forest nobody could ever find my Castle

In one game I lost 10 or so tier 5 Cavalry that jumped down a cliff after loading in the battle.

I do hope they make it easier to see what kind of terrain we are in and what we can expect.

Yes the maps are selected from a pool currently which is influenced somewhat from your situation. We already know of the new terrain system that will simulate the whole map into tactical scenes(confirmed: is not gonna come in the next 1-2 updates).

Back
Top Bottom