Big sheet about problems of the game!!!

Currently viewing this thread:

Xavyn

Recruit
are you serious? if yes, then I have nothing to say to you

You are coming off very entitled, close-minded and being willfully ignorant. You made this post and anyone that points out flaws in your thinking you just say "I have nothing to say to you". That is being intellectually dishonest and it makes me just not even want to bother sharing my thoughts on your post (of which, I like others, agree and disagree). If you actually want feedback or even improve your gameplay experience you are going about it all wrong.

Apocal

Master Knight
it's impossible, because:
1.there are quests when you need to fight in the villages
2. if an enemy noble raids your village and you need def
3. if an enemy noble catches you near the village
4. if you catch an enemy noble near the village
1. I don't think a single quest forces you to fight in villages. For Family Feud and Army of Poachers, you can talk them down reliably. Extortion by Deserters allows you to leave the village for the battle itself.

2. If you're more powerful, they'll usually pack up and leave once you get close. Just keep pursuing until they are out of the village radous, then engage.

3. Welp.

4. Just let them continue until they are on open ground.

I agree village maps suck to fight on and most of them were blatantly not designed to accommodate the party sizes the game allows but it also doesn't force you to engage inside them all that often.

I'm with the OP on a lot of the list, but I completely disagree about a couple of things.

First, there's nothing wrong with canyons and villages. If you're using an army of horse archers and you choose to fight a battle in a canyon or village that's on you. You have the mobility to pick a spot that works better for you. Eliminating maps with choke points would penalize those of us who like to field conventional armies and utilize terrain to defeat AI horse archers.

The second is the part where the enemy starts running out of good troops. That's completely realistic. I hate it when I'm kicking some faction's butt and suddenly the game (generally a Total War title) magics them 3,000 elite units. How am I supposed to win a war of attrition if the AI doesn't suffer from attrition?

Good list otherwise.

iRkshz

Recruit
You are coming off very entitled, close-minded and being willfully ignorant. You made this post and anyone that points out flaws in your thinking you just say "I have nothing to say to you". That is being intellectually dishonest and it makes me just not even want to bother sharing my thoughts on your post (of which, I like others, agree and disagree). If you actually want feedback or even improve your gameplay experience you are going about it all wrong.
what you say is called manipulation, because I only respond this way to trolls who ignore arguments and focus only on what is beneficial to them

I agree village maps suck to fight on and most of them were blatantly not designed to accommodate the party sizes the game allows but it also doesn't force you to engage inside them all that often.
o7

I'm with the OP on a lot of the list, but I completely disagree about a couple of things.

First, there's nothing wrong with canyons and villages. If you're using an army of horse archers and you choose to fight a battle in a canyon or village that's on you. You have the mobility to pick a spot that works better for you. Eliminating maps with choke points would penalize those of us who like to field conventional armies and utilize terrain to defeat AI horse archers.

The second is the part where the enemy starts running out of good troops. That's completely realistic. I hate it when I'm kicking some faction's butt and suddenly the game (generally a Total War title) magics them 3,000 elite units. How am I supposed to win a war of attrition if the AI doesn't suffer from attrition?

Good list otherwise.
I think that the developers will soon solve "my" problem with the villages for everyone, just adding a map selection at the beginning of the battle

I think that the developers will soon solve "my" problem with the villages for everyone, just adding a map selection at the beginning of the battle
I like the current system, but it could be better. There are times when I pick a fight on a plain and the battle happens in the woods and so forth, so the terrain system needs to be more accurate. Apart from that I'm happy.

Top Bottom