Big Problem in my Kingdom, vassals drop relation from no reason !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Danx

Recruit
Hi guys, i have a big problem in my kingdom,

First of all, a brief story of my game:

In a very long and painfull battle with the dark knights (who were at war with Kingdom of Swadia and kingdom of Rhodoks) i saw an oportunity to make my own kingdom cause of two towns ( Suno and Uxkhal)  that were being captured and recaptured by Swadians and Dark knights and because of that the garissons were always weak.
After i captured Uxkhal, i defeated Lady Larktin with the help of some dozens of arbalesters as she was besieging my city,  that ment the crumbling of the Dark Knight invasion, because rhodoks quickly claimed back their cities after that.
But the dark knights had one last castle (Radoghir Castle), after i took that too, i seeked for my first vassal, Lord Klargus and gave it to him.
Suno was my kingdom's capital when i received a message from the powerfull Kingdom of Vegirs that they wanted Uxkhal cause it was a one of theire former fiefs, i accepted cause i wasnt powerfull enough to fight with the whole Vaegir Kingdom that wiped the Nords too, but after a while they wanted SUNO too from the same reason, i couldnt accept that and they declared war, and they quickly took Klargus's castle, i had no interest of defending his castle cause it was too far from my fiefs.

To keep him happy i awarded him a village next to Suno untill i capture more fiefs, i had about 47 relation with him cause i saved him from many batles over and over again. I have become powerfull enough in the meantime with almost 100 cavaliers, so i could fight back their assault.
Ok so now i was powerfull, i had 7 Power Draw and a good Bow, and i made myself an army of arbalesters then declare war on the weakened swadians to besiege Praven wich had about 800 soldiers in the garisson, so i besieged it many times keeping my soldiers on ground while arbalesters cleaned the walls.
I captured Praven, claimed it for myself, then a short time after, LORD KLARGUS demanded SUNO as he had only one village as his fief, I understood his frustration but i wasn't ready yet to give SUNO to him cause i had some good soldiers in its garisson, and some grade A armors for my companions in the Treasure Chest, i needed to switch all that on Praven first, so i refused for the moment to give him the city and i lost 40 relation with him instantly ( still remained with 7 relation though )
I switched all the important things to Praven then gave Suno to him ok ?  the relation with him raised to 17 if i recall,
  After some time being busy fighting vagirs and swadians alike, i return to Klargus and see the relation 5 !!!!!!. So i gave him another village, the relation raised to 15.
  After many fights, the swadians wanted peace, i accepted, then i repelled a HUGE siege attempt from the vaegirs to capture Praven ( they had about 2.100 soldiers, and me + my garisson were 400), after this i return to Klargus and i see relation -5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  I though that maybe that initial refuse from me to give him Suno made him lose relation with me steadily, and i had no choice that to declare him traitor, and i recruited another vassal who was recently been declared traitor by the khaergits and seeked refuge in my kingdom, Lord Dirigun, i gave him Suno and the 2 villages that Klargus previously had, i got a total relation of 28.

All seemed ok, i made peace with the Vaegirs, and went recruiting new soldiers from rhodok villages for several days for new archers, after my return i see Lord Dirigun with relation 23 i was mad !!!!!!!!!!
  Removing the option of lords rebelling from my kingdom helps ?
Why the lords lose relation on me ALWAYS ??? Please help me !

I think this topic has already been mentioned, but it's good you bring this up anyway.

This seems to be a bug.

I noticed that when you are a monarch, your vassal relations permanently drop by 5 each 5 days (or something like that).
Even if you fight with them and do whatever you can to increase relations, it's simply impossible to prevent more than 1 or 2 vassals from turning traitors.  In my game my advisor ALWAYS tells me that all my lords have not been visited for a long time. Maybe a module developper could tell us if there is any link with this relation drop...?

More likely, a lord relation should decrease if he doesn't own enough fiefs (depending on his renown), and even increase if he has many towns/castles.  A lord with 500 renown and who owns 2 cities, 1 castle and 2 villages shouldn't rebel...:roll:

I will try to turn off the lords rebel system to see if it makes a difference, but i fear that all the vassals will drop relation every day.

It seems to work, i made a test, the lord had 23 relation with me then i waited about 7 - 8 days or so in my city, then checked, and it was 13.
Not faire that in such a short time lose so much relation.
So after i disabled the lord rebellion option i waited another 7 days and no drop in relation, so yes, that option seems bugged dont activate it.
  O and i remembered something about Lord Klargus, he invited me to a feast one day, i spoked to him, and i looked at the relation, it was 27, then waited in his city till the next morning and BAM, relation dropped to 22 in less than a day i remember very clearly.
  Although i want to play the mod as realistic as possible and use all features, i dont like this feature and its not even realistic,
what am i ?? A KING or a nanny, im a busy monarch, dont have time talking to lords all day, they should understand this, i mean they forget all the help that i gave to them just because i dont give them attention for some days, this is like the lords are little babies that think im their momma, and cry when the momma's not there LOL, just a joke.
    Now i feel bad for declaring Klargus a traitor.

i'm not sure about NE, but in native the lords will defect when their relation with you drops to -90. so, -50 would still be considered a good relation.

the steady relation drop does sound bugged (unbalanced?), it would be impossible to keep more than 10 lords happy

Install NE, its the best mod ever, just remove the option that Lords can rebel from you.
  And i played Native mod and around relation -70 they defect, they lose relation constant only if you don't award them any fiefs, thats realistic in my view, rather that to lose relation if you aren't there when they miss you.

i've been playing it for quite some time, i just chose to play for swadia (without having my own kingdom) so i wasn't sure is the vassal relation system was any different.

Thank you Soulmata, we trust you :smile:
if this feature is going be checked, maybe you can make the relation loss like 1 relation every 5 days or so to keep the things balanced  :grin:

I partially addressed this issue with villages dropping too fast (I think I changed it to maximum -1 rep per week). For Lords, I think the same approach for villages is in order: If you are at 20 or more reputation, you will never lose reputation with them. If you are below 20, you will 1 or perhaps some random amount (1-3) per week. If you are below -20, you will lose it more rapidly until it reaches a breakpoint like -50 where it can no longer decay through that mechanism.

soulmata said:
I partially addressed this issue with villages dropping too fast (I think I changed it to maximum -1 rep per week). For Lords, I think the same approach for villages is in order: If you are at 20 or more reputation, you will never lose reputation with them. If you are below 20, you will 1 or perhaps some random amount (1-3) per week. If you are below -20, you will lose it more rapidly until it reaches a breakpoint like -50 where it can no longer decay through that mechanism.

That sounds great

Back
Top Bottom