Big battles: GPU or CPU driven

Users who are viewing this thread

I was thinking of upgrading my PC. (Alienware, GTX 970M, 8gb RAM DDR3 and i7-4710hq) via GPU amplifier. (External graphic card, that actually works fine). This game is one of the main reasons.

The issue is that my CPU is good but not outstanding. So in some cases CPU may be the bottleneck.

My question is if Bannerlord in general and large battles in particular are GPU or CPU driven. If they are GPU driven I might upgrade my PC with a 5700XT or equivalent Nvidia. But if battles are CPU driven I won't see any improvement so I guess i won't upgrade.

CPU is the bottleneck if you turn your settings down to and notice no difference between low and very low.

GTX970M is still kinda weak though.

Also, gaming laptops are weird and I have no idea why people would buy them.

In general I would say CPU but its difficult because the game is still in production - for all we know it might require very different specs in a years time.

Whole new system. I have 6700hq and 1060gtx, 16gb ram. Runs very well and stable at 1080. Worth waiting year for new tech and game is nowhere near finished.

It's your cpu and your ram. Even if it was the other way around, I'ld save up and build myself a desktop rather than spending money on external GPU equipment and another ram stick, your system is at the end of its' life. External GPUs were a seemingly useful concept but it doesn't really make sense now.

If you get a 1080Ti or 1070 thats plenty for graphics. Your cpu has to be good i8 or better at this time to not stutter much and push past 1k man battles.

Ram 16gb should be enough too.

I have i7 7800x cpu
1080 Ti
16gb ram.

I get stuttering on max settings. 60-42fps at times. Sieges can be dropping to 1fps. This has more to do with optimization though im sure.

My oldish GeForce 1080 is totally fine . My Ryzen 5 3600 X + 5700 MoBo with "n.2" 1TB C: drive + 32GB Ram, is the key.

I get zero stutters anywhere ..except once, late in a large battle, it went slide show .

Last edited:
If you get a 1080Ti or 1070 thats plenty for graphics. Your cpu has to be good i8 or better at this time to not stutter much and push past 1k man battles.

Ram 16gb should be enough too.

I have i7 7800x cpu
1080 Ti
16gb ram.

I get stuttering on max settings. 60-42fps at times. Sieges can be dropping to 1fps. This has more to do with optimization though im sure.
I think this is correct. The game doesn't seem GPU dependent.

However with the amount of items/material/textures etc, it had to be processed and cached, which points to the CPU and RAM.

Back
Top Bottom