(BI) Barbarian Invasion (Version .15) 3 NEW QUESTS Warband (1.34)

Should the Arena quest include:

• A fight with Titus Pullo to win the Rudius?

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • A slave execution

Votes: 71 19.3%
  • Animals

Votes: 78 21.3%
  • Player vs multiple Gladiators?

Votes: 73 19.9%
  • Fight against captured enemies of Rome? (ie: toss some barbs in the area to see how they fair)

Votes: 76 20.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

BI version .2 compatible with version 1.03?

looks like great mod, like all the hegemony ones.. i downloaded the 1.03 version too soon, can't play any mods now  :shock:

Well, I played it for two hours and here are my relations:

First, you must do something with Roman army from Republic. I can understand that here are early empire Praetorian Guards, but Velites?! They're from V-II century B.C and shouldn't exist after Marian reforms. You can copy some of my Roman Troops in Land of Eternal Youth, just PM me and I'll give you full access to source :razz:.

Second, what Gauls are doing here? If mod's period is III-V century there shouldn't be any Gauls, because they were conquered by Julius Caesar in circa 50 B.C. You must delete them and put there Romans.

Third, why Brithons have towns and villages in Gaul?

Fourth, you should else do something with Visigoths. They're just a copy of Vaegirs...

Fifth, I very like destructible castle gates :smile:.

Reassuming, you have still a lot of work to improve mod. But it's very fun and I like it :razz:.

Keep your good work,
Kolba

Actually many stuff is historical inacurate... thought the mod is playable...  :neutral: . I dislike the copied factions, not real ones in and stupid named stuff like roman fort 1,2,3,4,5 ect...

Please SPQR accept theese opinions, they are coming for a good purpose... 

No, formations are not included yet. It is a sure bet they will be for the next release.  Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks for the suggestions Kolba.  You are an awesome knowledge base that I am ready to tap into.  Although, I am going to tweak the types of troops, I do not want to limit playable factions to a specific timeframe.  The mod loosely follows the Barbarian Invasion type of idea from the Rome Total War pack. The endstate I am trying to achieve is to allow the player to experience all the various Barb factions attacking Rome without tying the mod to any specific historical time period.  I would like to look at various Gallic, Roman, Goth, Hun and Briton tribal equipment.  Of course I will use most of the fantastic work Ealabor and Stelious provided during the creation of the Hegemony mod and the improved updates that Ealabor has been working feverishly on (which look awesome).  Before I explore other Barb factions I think I need to tighten the reins on the current ones.  I do not know if textures or models will need to be reworked when 1.0 comes out... so that is a variable to take into account.
On another front I would like to explore more destructible materials such as castle walls.. so when the Ballista is ready for public use, it will add yet another element to the sieges.. I would also like to look at the idea of creating a Roman Villa for the player to use as a start point or place he can visit from time to time. I have not explored this option too much, but I think it would be pretty cool. Lots of things still to come..

Formation and Morale scripts have been added for the next release.  1st page updated.

Hello, SPQR.

I know that this mods doesn't attach importance to paticurary era.
But I want to say some my suggestion.

Barbarian Invation is a waves in the history of late 2nd century to 5rd century.
It's a unnatural to represent the senturies in a mods.

So, I suggest to make the "Barbarian Invasion" series.

First time, it is the "End of Begening"

This is the stage on Marcus Aurerius's era.
He was the 5 great Emperor's one. In contrast, his reign is not peaceful.
In 161, Parthian invade Easten Province, 1st and 2nd Marcomannic wars.
In 175, Syrian governer Avidius Cassius revolt to Marcus Aurelius.
I should say, this Generation's Legion is the last one of using widely lorica Segmentata armor and Imperial Italic type Helmet.

Second time, it is the "Crisis of the Third century"

Old Roman Empire was divided by Gallienus ruled Italia,Pannonia, Anatolia and Afirica, Postumus ruled Gallia and Hispania, Odaenathus(and his wife Zenobia) ruled Asia and Edgypt.
Of cause, Frank, Almanni,Goth and Sassanid Empire are on the watch of oppotunity the invation.
It is important event of Roman military history, Gallienus reformed Legion and mainly unit change infantry to cavarly.

Third time, it is the "Fall of Rome"

Maiorianus is the last Emperor to try to rebuild the Western Empire.
In this time, He ruled territory is like your made Map for "Bararian Invation"mods.
He attacked Vandal in North Africa, but had failed it, he was assasineted.

I thought these theme of Barbarian Invation.
What do you think these?

HEY HAVE YALL EVER THOUGH OF DOING A HEGMONY MOD based of the first crusade? you can have the same map just make a little cutoff.  also you could just make some quick battles when Gertrude the crusader sieged constanipole . i mean you gotta like the Byzantines. or you could make a mod that has the county of edessa and kingdom of Jerusalem unnder  king Baldwin the second, principality of Antioch under Tancred, also since to me raymound of Toulouse deserves respect, i mean he was the greateast general of all! he just didnt get land, he would of ahve the throne of antioch if it wasnt for bohemound to. just make an faction called  the kingdom of raymound, he did capture small cities of Syria.

why do this mod? because the ere needs to be reconized in its glorious days of emperor Alexious. thats why, oh you dont haft to do the research i will tell you everything, that is if you decide to do a mod like this.

Moff Taka and Newromans.  Good comments guys.  Although, I think I will maintain current heading with this mod and conduct a successful port to 1.0.  Although, work may be slow for a little while due to other things taking higher priority.  Again, thanks for the good comments and suggestions.

Put Berserkers in England and North Europe Spawn points =D
Place the Leopard Helm (of Hegemony256BC) in their, and nake them... uh-uho i love berserkers XD

Back
Top Bottom