Better troop control in castles and towns

Users who are viewing this thread

Nawari

Veteran
Hello,

It is impossible to properly control troops in castles and towns. It would be necessary, as for the troops of the members of a clan, to be able to limit the number of troops in the cities and castles in order to avoid having to "manage" something unmanageable.

This is very important because all the economic problems stem from this absurd amount of troops which keep getting better and therefore becoming too expensive. It would be necessary to be able to limit the pledges as for the armies of the clan.

It is also, no doubt, a question of balance in the game. But without limiting the pledges of cities and castles, the clan economy becomes impossible to manage.

Please do something if you can.

Better thoughts

Hello,

It is impossible to properly control troops in castles and towns. It would be necessary, as for the troops of the members of a clan, to be able to limit the number of troops in the cities and castles in order to avoid having to "manage" something unmanageable.

This is very important because all the economic problems stem from this absurd amount of troops which keep getting better and therefore becoming too expensive. It would be necessary to be able to limit the pledges as for the armies of the clan.

It is also, no doubt, a question of balance in the game. But without limiting the pledges of cities and castles, the clan economy becomes impossible to manage.

Please do something if you can.

Better thoughts
If i am understanding you correctly you want to be able to limit the garrisons of castles and troops?

You should be able to do that in the clan menu under the parties tab, if you scroll all the way down you should see your garrison parties. If you click on them the middle should pop up with the options to stop recruitment and limit the wages of the garrison so that they don't go past a certain amount.
ym8gB.png

Apologies if I misunderstood.

If i am understanding you correctly you want to be able to limit the garrisons of castles and troops?

You should be able to do that in the clan menu under the parties tab, if you scroll all the way down you should see your garrison parties. If you click on them the middle should pop up with the options to stop recruitment and limit the wages of the garrison so that they don't go past a certain amount.
ym8gB.png

Apologies if I misunderstood.
OK Thank you very much. I didn't see this option.

I have a suggestion too : for the campaign, to advertise players it's maybe better to play "easy" option, or "middle level", with a "hard level" part the campaign is really too long. Playing "high level" seems more appropriate for the sandbox to me.

And indeed, my "economic" problems were largely related to a lack of troop control in towns and castles.

OK Thank you very much. I didn't see this option.

I have a suggestion too : for the campaign, to advertise players it's maybe better to play "easy" option, or "middle level", with a "hard level" part the campaign is really too long. Playing "high level" seems more appropriate for the sandbox to me because time is less important since there are no real goals. I don't know if there were any changes in the campaign, I don't want anyone spoiling my game. But, it would be a good surprise because the campaign I have already done, and I was not very convinced, it lacked a real narration with surprising characters.
But I think, unfortunately, that's not on the minds of the developers. Still, it would have been a nice surprise.

Is it intended that companions can marry and become true Lords? Some companions with a real "story" would be welcome, at least in the "campaign" part. For the sandbox, I imagine it's more complicated to give them a storyboard. I know there have been attempts by modders, but I'm suspicious with mods, the game is fragile.

And indeed, my "economic" problems were largely related to a lack of troop control in towns and castles.

Is it intended that companions can marry and become true Lords? Some companions with a real "story" would be welcome, at least in the "campaign" part.
They don't need to marry in order to become one. You can make them if you're the ruler of a faction or have your own. Just talk to them whenever you have an extra settlement, 20k denars and 500 influence to spare.

Instead of companions having the story in the campaign, it’s your family that has that story. In this case it’s appropriate.

There is definitely a case to be made that all companions could have a story thread based on their title. For example, there is a horse town somewhere in the Battanian region randomly selected when you recruit “the horse thief” that has a notable that would recognize them. The story comes up as you enter the town for the first time. This would invigorate the mid-game quite a bit honestly

Instead of companions having the story in the campaign, it’s your family that has that story. In this case it’s appropriate.

There is definitely a case to be made that all companions could have a story thread based on their title. For example, there is a horse town somewhere in the Battanian region randomly selected when you recruit “the horse thief” that has a notable that would recognize them. The story comes up as you enter the town for the first time. This would invigorate the mid-game quite a bit honestly
I agree with that.

It is impossible to properly control troops in castles and towns
About that, which is clearly the auto-recruitment that BloodGryphon explained to you, there is an issue in my opinion.

When you let the auto-recruitment on, for the example of empire fiefs, which are surrounded with villages providing mainly cavalry (vigla recruits), I have seen castles with like 180+ vigla recruits, and no archers... so no archers in a citadel is not welcome.

Maybe an option to choose what kind of troops we want or a limitation. A bit like parties we make with our own companions : we should be able to choose and order what to do - the mod Party AI Overhaul does it perfectly but that SHOULD be a feature of the game. (currently, they recruit anything, and fight to the death...)

I don't know where you put "solved", but it's solved. Indeed, I had not seen the possibility of managing the amount given for the troops in "garrison".

Back
Top Bottom