Better Notifications

Users who are viewing this thread

In Mount and Blade Warband it got pretty annoying when half your screen was filled with, "So and so has defected" Or "Enemies were spotted over there".  Most of the time it was useful to read them. But half of them didn't involve you whatsoever and were taking up space. It'd be cool to see if TW finds a better way to display messages/notifications, whatever you wanna call them. Maybe a tab or something on the bottom.

They could give you urgent report about defecting when they defect from your kingdom or to your kingdom while the other coukd be just gossip or info you buy.
Just like Sid Meier pirates that had the "yellow" cities without info.

I'd like to see information and knowledge have a physical presence on the game world.

Event happens; witnesses move around the map; witnesses talk to other people; news spreads.

Rumours could travel with traders between major towns, and in turn to the villages via the peasants. Messengers could be traversing the map with important information, orders, requests, warnings, etc. (these could then be intercepted). Lords tell each other the latest gossip, intrigue and events (false rumours could be deliberately circulated?); feasts and other gatherings become an important news-feed, rather than a minor relation-boosting gimmick.

The main point being you don't get 'notifications' about world events unless you talk to NPCs and they tell you what they know. I think it would be much more immersive that way, as well as getting rid of the annoying text wall at the side of the screen.

I remember seeing in an older video, that on the campaign map were this little icons on the top corner that showed things like a catapult with a city's name next to it, and some other icons next to a Lord's name, so I assume that they've cleaned up at least some of the notifications.

I can not even read the majority of the notifications, since they seem to blend in too well with what is on screen anyway and most have nothing to do with me.

My question is, why does the screen that shows what items you looted, never show the amount of gold you inevitably picked up?  You only find out after you close the looted items screen and a little notification pops up with an accompanying sound.  It would be nice just to see the amount on the loot screen from the start.

Gurkhal said:
I just want to be able to see that when someone is defeated...who was the one defeating them?
+1. And in case lots of lords were on winning side, it can show the name of lord who engaged the enemy first.

Rabies said:
I'd like to see information and knowledge have a physical presence on the game world.

Event happens; witnesses move around the map; witnesses talk to other people; news spreads.

Rumours could travel with traders between major towns, and in turn to the villages via the peasants. Messengers could be traversing the map with important information, orders, requests, warnings, etc. (these could then be intercepted). Lords tell each other the latest gossip, intrigue and events (false rumours could be deliberately circulated?); feasts and other gatherings become an important news-feed, rather than a minor relation-boosting gimmick.

The main point being you don't get 'notifications' about world events unless you talk to NPCs and they tell you what they know. I think it would be much more immersive that way, as well as getting rid of the annoying text wall at the side of the screen.

Very good ideas. I would love that too. This could lead to all sorts of interesting intrigue, like making a bitter enemy of a lord you attacked without knowing your kings already agreed to a truce. Or, should the other lord know about the truce and tell you before battle, do you believe him or not?

Back
Top Bottom