Betrayal at Calradia 0.2 - a Midkemia Mod for 1.x - Released July 15, 2009

Users who are viewing this thread

HokieBT said:
waraelm said:
what about the old star wars mod then?

I'll still be working on the Star Wars Mod and it will take up the majority of my time since it requires so many changes to models/items/map icons/textures/etc.  But I'm finishing up a new release of the Star Wars mod and need a break from that and want to work on something closer to the M&B native game.  Plus, I always wanted a Midkemia Mod so I'm tired of waiting for somebody else to do it.  :wink:

Just out of curiosity, do people also create Star Wars mods for Start Wars games?  I nearly fall out of my chair laughing every time I log in to a forum for a game I’m playing and see a Star Wars mod… no matter how completely irrelevant and insanely out of context.  :roll:

I enjoy the films as much as the next guy, but what drives people who look at a game about riding horses around a medieval setting to think, “Say, this is somewhat original and new, but it would be so much better if we alter every solitary aspect to resemble Star Wars, and create the same game that’s been done a thousand times before by modifying other games!” 

I also can’t help but wonder if this trend will spill out into other creative mediums; will we soon see a version of Citizen Kane where Orson Welles has his head replaced with a CGI Vader mask, who then rasps out an enigmatically dubbed, “Luke, you were right about Rosebud…” before letting his strangely out-of-place lightsaber-shaped snow globe fall to the floor…  :lol:

I LOVED Return to Krondor once I'd got into it ( though it took a bit of getting into).  Not all that familiar with the Midkemia mythos as a whole, but I loved that game, despite it's many, many flaws and shortcomings.  The music and atmosphere was at times spectacular, and the combat was pretty good, even though I literally went through the whole game without figuring out how to make my spellcasters cast spells. 

Good job I was a mean alchemist, and alchemy was actually fun and necessary, with the best sounds ever - managed to get through by just chucking explosive potions at folk instead of fireballing them.  Plus hitting them with sticks and swords.

Hokie, as you probably know, there is now a way to make correctly-sized dwarves, cracked by WookieWarlord.  It's pretty complex and time-consuming, but the effect is good, if still a bit buggy.  The lad's a genius, though. 

Really love the mod, I think it'll be fantastic if it get finished.

I'm a big fan of Feist's novels, magician most of all.

I've got a question about the mod though. How do you recruit tsurani freemen? I want to get black robes in my army, but I can't see how that's possible. Ironically I think it'd be easier if I weren't a vassal of the Tsurani, since then I'd be able to take some black robes prisoner and try to recruit them to my army. At the moment I'm increasing my relation with all the Tsurani villages in the hope that I could recruit white robes directly, but that's not likely to work...

So yeah, any suggestions would be great, if there's something really obvious I'm missing that'd be fantastic. (I really want Black robes :razz:)

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the mod. I really think this is worth pursuing, Midkemia is a fantastic setting.

hey, you could put in conclave of shadows, if its possible, like i saw a mod where there was a party and it was always roaming never attacked anywhere, just parties, and it was totally against anyone else, that would be good if you had conclave of shadows in like that, and special lords and that if you cna find the names, or depending on what year in midkemia it is set in you could put in certain party members like Talon fo the silver hawk (talwin hawkins, for you who dont know XD) and Kaspar the former duke of Olasko.

Another suggestion i have is that you put in Novindus if there is room, in a few of the books it has quite a role, and the pantheon of the gods is there, aswell as thats where the dasati put an army of talnoys to invade midkemia, so if you bring out another version of this i woukld recommend putting in novindus and dasati.

as for special stuff, in dartmoor in western kingdom, you could put it as they sell mainly wine, becaus ei recall in some of the books th nobles like todrink ravensburg/dartmoor wine, because it is supposed ot be the best in the kingdom, also, i havent even downloaded this mod yet so if any of the stuff i have said is irrelevant right now please say so =]

Back
Top Bottom