Betrayal at Calradia 0.2 - a Midkemia Mod for 1.x - Released July 15, 2009

Users who are viewing this thread

ok, I'll do greyish goblins, and greenish trolls, unless there are any other comments.  Giants might possible in the future but we'd need somebody who can create a new body model, then rig and texture it, etc....  We would then need somebody to create larger armor for the giants, etc.  It might be possible to re-scale some of the native stuff and get it to work, but that would be for future projects.

Giants might be a bit difficult..but not impossible to implement. Do you remember the way elephants walked in the Hegemony Mod?  :mrgreen: (no offense to the creator of that mod, good effort in my opinion)

Most of the troops/factions in this mod will be human, but I've been working on coding in a few new races.  Highelf was nice enough to let me use some of his models/textures from Fantasy Mod so I used and/or modified some of those for trolls & goblins.  Here are the three new races I have added, I realize that trolls should probably be bigger (but without custom skeleton support its pretty difficult), but let me know if people have any suggestions, comments, etc...

Looks good. Although I believe the moredhel aren't actually dark-skinned elves. The majority are pretty pale, although I guess it would be natural for them to have variations in skin tone.

Wow, looking nice Hokie. I personally liked the series, but my bro was obsessed with them.

Moredhels are very well made...
As for others,well trolls should be bigger but i suppose m&b engine cant make it bigger and goblins,i allways imagined them as small green greedy people,these ones doesnt look bad,but they could use some new faces.These look really tough on them...
Anyway i see this mod has made some good progress from last time i was watching this topic,ill keep my eye on it,it looks very promising.
Keep up a good work...

Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly how the Moredhel should look, but I thought they were pale/dark, and a pale human texture looked booring, so I figured that texture should be somewhat accurate and make them stand out more on the battlefield. :wink:  In terms of the goblins, I admit they are not perfect, but we're somewhat limited since my modeling/texturing skills are basically zero.  I did try adding some piercings and I may try putting a small amount of hair on them and maybe some area's of grey/brown/green spots on their bodies or something....

Tentative Troop Tree is below, I used the Troop Tree Generator to create this, very cool program.
Troop Tree Generator - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50779.0.html

Mounted troops are red, ranged troops green and horse archers blue.  Currently there are no horse archers, any suggestions on what troops those should be?

• Eastern Kingdom Recruit
    • Kingdom Militia
      • Kingdom Man-At-Arms
        • Kingdom Captain
          • Rillanon Guard
          [*]Kingdom Horseman
          • Kingdom Lancer
        [*]Kingdom Archer
        • Kingdom Marksman
  • Western Kingdom Recruit
    • Kingdom Skirmisher
      • Kingdom Soldier
        • Kingdom Seargent[*]Kingdom Rider
          • Krondorian Lancer
        [*]Kingdom Bowman
        • Crydee Tracker
          • Krondorian Pathfinder
      [*]Yabonese Levyman
      • Yabonese Heavy Footman
        • Haditi Hillman
  • Tsurani Freeman
    • Tsurani Recruit
      • Tsurani Regular
        • Tsurani Patrol Leader
          • Tsurani Strike Leader
          [*]Tsurani Horseman
        [*]Tsurani Archer
        • Tsurani Marksman
      [*]Tsurani Adept
      • Tsurani White Robe
        • Tsurani Grey Robe
          • Tsurani Black Robe
  • Kesh Conscript
    • Kesh Auxiliary
      • Dog Soldier
        • Dog Soldier Captain
          • Trueblood Guard
          [*]Dog Soldier Archer
          • Imperial Guide
        [*]Jal-Pur Desertman
        • Izmali
          • Izmali Assassin
          [*]Ashanti Horseman
  • Moredhel Recruit
    • Moredhel Moss Trooper
      • Moredhel Warrior
        • Moredhel Captain
          • Moredhel Chieftain[*]Black Slayer
        [*]Moredhel Scout
        • Moredhel Bowman

Just a quick note to say I'm back to working on this project.  Right now I'm working on giving items to all the troops and then I'll probably release an alpha version which uses the native map.  After that, I want to move/rename the towns and release another version that includes the world map that Sepa created.  Let me know if you have any comments, etc.

This mod does sound good.I hope you also create a more chalanging bandit rather than using the same old weak outlaws and other bandit groups from native

I'm a fan of Feist's books, and have read most if not all. Betrayal at Krondor is one of my favourite ever games.

After becoming hooked on Mount & Blade a few weeks ago, whilst also reading one of the Legends of the Riftwar series, I did start thinking about how great it would be to have a Midkemia mod. I'm so glad you are working on this, and I will look forward to testing and playing  :grin:

Lykurgos said:
I'm a fan of Feist's books, and have read most if not all. Betrayal at Krondor is one of my favourite ever games.

After becoming hooked on Mount & Blade a few weeks ago, whilst also reading one of the Legends of the Riftwar series, I did start thinking about how great it would be to have a Midkemia mod. I'm so glad you are working on this, and I will look forward to testing and playing  :grin:

hey, thanks for your comments, its nice to hear people have some interest in this mod.  :smile:  I have been working on it, but my Star Wars mod gets so much more interest, this has been a lower priority.  Sepa has created a great world map and I have positioned all the towns/castles and have all the troop tree's coded.  Right now a lot of them are using generic equipment, but I was considering releasing an alpha version just to get some feedback.  I'll see if I can find some time to finish up a release and post something for people to review.

I'm really looking forwards to this mod, have been a fan of the books for a couple of years now and I can't wait for this to some out.

sepa said:
Yeah, everybody is waiting, nobody wants to help... :razz:
hehe, that's the way with most mods.  :wink:      Your help with the map tho is a HUGE help, I never could have gotten that done on my own.  :smile:

the main issue right now is just my lack of time to work on this and the stuff that is left is booring things like balancing troops, item stats & prices, etc...  But in its current state it is a pretty good base since the factions, troops & map are basically all done.  So I should release an alpha version as I previously mentioned just to get some feedback and hopefully get more interest in this mod.    I'll see what I can do to release something in the next few days or week...

As for me, items from native are ok, and I think you should leave them as they are.
Balancing troops - well, that's big something.... you got to release alpha to get feedback on this definitely.

And finally, the map... well, it still needs a lot of work... maybe someday... I just don't have a mood for it, it's really boring work (and doing it on my crappy laptop is really aggravating, too...).

Whoever made the map, Are the shores smoothed in the current version? If not, I would not mind smoothing them. (Smoothing for real, manually, vertex after vertex. Not that lame 'smooth shores' command, which IMO sucks ass) I know it is a heck of a work, and most mods either just smooth the shores or don't smooth at all, or delay working on it because it's so boring.

I on the other hand find it mighty fun to smooth shores. (most of the time) O.0 Don't ask. I just do.

Also, On the troop balancing issue. I would gladly help testing, if you don't mind answering some basic questions about how you want it to be. (For example, You might want these man to be cannon fodder, and you might need  that orc to be overpowered)

Good luck anyhow! =.=
Servitor

Servitor - thanks for the offer of help.  :smile:    I think my plan right now is to go ahead and release an open beta version which will allow you and others to review the current map, troops, etc.  Then, if this mod is something that you or others want to work on then feel free to post in this forum or send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom