Beta Test Burnout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
I'm a huge Warband fan and Middling Bannerlord Fan.
I can say that because I bought Bannerlord at Launch and have played the Beta Branch up to 1.5.9 where I gave up. I still play Warband.

There are a two main reasons (+loads of niggling little ones) I stopped playing , the first one is having to update/waiting for mod authors to update mods
with every new game version..pain in the ass. Not the devs fault.

The second is the very real worry that by the time of full release (no time soon methinks) I will be so sick of the game I won't play it with anything like the
interest or vigour that I would if i'd waited for the full release. I honestly had no notion of how long and eventually torturous Betas can be..Lesson learnt.
Doubly so as am going through the same With Baldur's Gate 3.

Is anyone else suffering from Beta burnout?

It's one of the many inherent problems with Early Access as a general concept. I could write a whole paper about it but I wouldn't say anything that others with bigger brains and bigger reaches like SovietWomble haven't already said more eloquently.

Yeah getting burnt out is something to consider. I play a lot but I will stop when I feel close to burnt out, so I can play when a new update comes out.
AT least when the game is finished you will likely also have more full conversion mods.

I get burnt out pretty easily actually. That's why I normally skip several versions. So I did a full run on 1.5.4, then came back and did another one in 1.5.9. I dont think a single update is usually worth a new play through.

I get burnt out pretty easily actually. That's why I normally skip several versions. So I did a full run on 1.5.4, then came back and did another one in 1.5.9. I dont think a single update is usually worth a new play through.
Agreed , even though 1.5.10 seems big enough to warrant a new campaign i've heard it's still unstable so i'll wait..Currently gone retro with Kingmaker Pathfinder , good so far.

Not everyone is suitable to be a Beta Tester, you need to be honest and sincere, transparent and pure at heart. If you don't meet the requirements it is very easy to get lost in the dark and end up embracing the dark side :iamamoron: ?.

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

Meh. I play until I don't feel like it. Then I play something else.

Sooner or later I come back once enough time has passed, or if an update or DLC makes it exciting again.

I just started playing Total War Attila again because I realised Medieval Kingdoms 1212 has updated, I hadn't played it in 2 years...

It's just how games go...

*shrug*

Meh. I play until I don't feel like it. Then I play something else.

Sooner or later I come back once enough time has passed, or if an update or DLC makes it exciting again.

I just started playing Total War Attila again because I realised Medieval Kingdoms 1212 has updated, I hadn't played it in 2 years...

It's just how games go...

*shrug*
Funny , I played that recently too!

Back
Top Bottom