Beta-Test: 1.6

Users who are viewing this thread

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Anybody willing to give 1.6 a spin in private before I roll out the official build?  I need to test the new shaders / materials on multiple hardware again to make sure it's all working nicely before rolling it out to the general public.

If you're interested, post here with your machine specs (you must be able to play the mod in DX9 with Battle Size 100+ to help out, most of this build is high-end stuff).  I'll PM you when the build is ready.  Hoping to be done with testing by Sunday.

Oh, and here's a sample of what it all looks like in action.

I'd be happy to give it a whirl if possible. I'm curious of changes in regards to forested battlefields and lag. Play with DX9 and 150 size with mostly no problem at current build of the mod.

Laptop with Windows 7 32-bit
Core2Duo
3gb ram
Intel 4 Series Video Chip(integrated)

Wouldn't mind testing the new build and reporting any issues, I'm pretty good at that. And I should be able to run it well (hopefully). Here are my specs:

GPU: HD 6870.
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz.
RAM: 8192MB RAM.

I should be very happy to test my favourite Mod.  :grin:

CPU: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz
GPU: (2) NVidia GTX 660 in SLI link
RAM: 12 Gb

(edited to reflect video card upgrades)

I may just have to get the ultra-fancy HDR done just to see it on your hardware, Melanie, especially if I can get you to fire up Battle Sizer and make a quick video of, say, 1000 troops fighting.

My hardware is too old to render it at a decent framerate- all of this footage was shot on a single Radeon HD 5750 with XP Pro and only 2 GB of RAM  :lol:

I am sorry to say that I have no idea how to make video.  :oops:

I do like large battles, though...I am not very good at personal combat, so large battles allow me to stay back from the bloodshed more  :wink:

Download Fraps, it's incredibly easy.  Then take the resulting recordings and convert to compact WMV with Windows Movie Maker.  Then upload to YouTube.  Done.

Or just take me a couple of really nice screenies after getting yourself knocked about, using the death-cam.  You can freeze the engine at any time with Ctrl-F11, allowing you to frame shots easily.

I just want to see what 1000 troops fighting looks like.  I'm pretty sure that on hardware that nice, it's not only possible, but playable :smile:

I haven't played Mount&Blade for ages and I thought to try B&S again. Then I came here and saw this post. I would be glad to help testing.

AMD Quad Core A6-3400M 2.30 Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6720G2
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Just got back into this game and mod again, would love to test the new build. I already really enjoy the graphical overhaul you've done.

I've got:

Intel i5-2500k Quad-Core 3.6, overclock'd to 3.8
8 GB of RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 SE SLI-Linked, Overclocked a bit
Windows 7 64-bit

Can say that I've been playing with a battle size of 350, not a hint of lag. Haven't gone higher simply because huge battles don't leave much room for me to fight in them personally.

xenoargh said:
Download Fraps, it's incredibly easy.  Then take the resulting recordings and convert to compact WMV with Windows Movie Maker.  Then upload to YouTube.  Done.

Or just take me a couple of really nice screenies after getting yourself knocked about, using the death-cam.  You can freeze the engine at any time with Ctrl-F11, allowing you to frame shots easily.

I just want to see what 1000 troops fighting looks like.  I'm pretty sure that on hardware that nice, it's not only possible, but playable :smile:

Thank you so much!  I made a quick test video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7_OnUwhRco
Just to try it.  It's only about 700 troops, though. 

I apologise for using my modded version but it was the easiest way to get a large battle at short notice.  I'll certainly record the 1.6 version if you allow me to.  I can even make short private high-quality vids for you, now that I know how. This vid is with game graphics very close to max, but I made the upload at a lower quality because of the length.

xenoargh said:
Amazons, eh?

Sounds like a new sub-faction waiting to happen  :lol:

I thought it would be fun to lead a force of all-female mercenaries...we captured a city!  But the people there said, "Good show, girls, but we will let the MEN defend the city from now on."  I had no choice since so many of us had fallen in the battle.  So an idea was born.

I simply re-skinned the Rhodoks as Amazons, since the spear, gun and crossbow mix seemed less likely to rely upon pure body strength. The difficulty was changing the gender of the nobles, and all the associated dialogues.  My efforts to change the court ladies into males was a disaster, producing simpering parodies who still favoured male characters.  :oops:  I can't python code, so it was hopeless. Eventually, I gave up and made the Amazon nobles a mix of men and women.  But it's all your work, just rearranged a bit  :grin:

Hi. Love your mod and would love to help the mod out as much as I can.

Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.5GHz
6 GB Ram
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640M LE
Windows 7 64-bit

Hey, I'm a big fan of Blood and Steel and I'd love to be able to try the latest build as a beta tester!  :twisted:

My specs:
Radeon HD 7870 2g
Intel core i5 3570k @ 4.3GHz
Ram: 8GB
Windows 7 64bit

Will test

Vid: Nvidia GTX 660
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2.6Ghz (OC to 2.8Ghz stable)
Res:1440 X 900
RAM:8GB DDR3
HDD: 180GB Intel SSD

Sorry about the delays in getting this out for testing, so glad to see so many crazy guinea-pigs willing volunteers :smile:

I'm working on this and a couple of other little things before release.

xenoargh said:
Sorry about the delays in getting this out for testing, so glad to see so many crazy guinea-pigs willing volunteers :smile:

I'm working on this and a couple of other little things before release.

Public release or for only closed testing?

I was actually considering myself volunteering for testing, but i need to buy a new video card, mine has suddenly stopped working... DX

That's some pretty water not including it going from lake to swampy texture probably from using whatever you were recording. Can't wait for the beta test to come.

Back
Top Bottom