Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

So no, with asking a question that was answered just 5 posts before, you're not within "your rights", but instead violating the forum rules.
Congratulations, you triggered an entire page of spam by playing backseat moderator. Unless his single post contained an advertisement, copy-pasta, or other irrelevant content, then it isn't considered spam.

Ok, I get where you're coming from. And believe me, I'm also not happy with the 1.2.x development-process.

But if you want a more definitive answer: Dejan refered to the Community Tales #4 from the 25. november, where they talke about "a release in the next few weeks". "Few weeks" of course is open to interpretation, but 3 weeks doesn't sound bad, does it?
So I'd say, until 16. december you have an answer with a set goal, and if they haven't delivered until then, go berserk and I won't stand between you and the devs. :party:
Who are you to think you need stand between us and the devs NOW?

> *presses ctrl f and looks for "skirmish"*
> *only finds "skirmisher*
Lots of changes and fixes, which is great, but I remind you that after 2 years, the skirmish matchmaking is still not working. I know you guys focus on making single player better, and easier to mod, but some of your player base really enjoyed the old skirmish servers the most. Yes, there are custom servers, but quite frankly the moderators for those are... not the best, and it's sad that one of the best selling games of all time quite literally cannot host a functional skirmish server. Like, how much does that cost? A few hundred, or a thousand dollars per month? You sold over 5 million copies of this game, each for at least 40, but mostly 50 bucks. Please host those servers. We don't need the class system, but we do need functional servers. We waited since 2012 (well I've first heard the news in 2014 but still) for this game to release. There are games that sold 10x less copies, but still host functional servers. How hard is it? PLEASE FIX THE SKIRMISH MATCHMAKING and give us what we want. Thanks.

Can't you simply have the penalty proportional to how much the skill is far from 100 ?
So at 10 you have 90 % of the penalty, at 75 you have 25 %.
It would solve everything and is much more logical than just having a huge penalty that suddenly completely disappear because you got a slight bit of experience more than previously.
This is already the case as mentioned by @Hero07911010. Here are the patch notes related to that:
Introduced further ranged weapon penalties to non-mounted troops when riding. If a troop has 0 riding skill, the below penalties will apply. These are then reduced and eventually removed when a troop reaches 100 or above riding skill.
  • Increased reload speed penalty and weapon readying speed penalty from 20% to 30%.
  • Increased the time needed to achieve maximum accuracy by increasing the penalty from 20% to 30%.
  • Increased the weapon inaccuracy multiplier from 40% to 1500% which will significantly widen the crosshair.
Though admittedly they could have been made even more clear that the penalty gets lower as your level rises.

It's not 1500% at 99 Riding and 0% at 100 Riding. It goes down with the Riding level.
Look, what we’re trying to say is that you practically don’t feel any improvement and when it reaches 100 the penalty simply disappears. For example, from 0 to 60 you practically don’t see any evolution in the penalty, from 61 to 80 you already see a difference but then when it reaches 100 skill points it simply disappears. But Dejan has already said that they are adjusting this, so let’s wait.

This is already the case as mentioned by @Hero07911010. Here are the patch notes related to that:

Though admittedly they could have been made even more clear that the penalty gets lower as your level rises.
Wouldn’t this be better utilized in the archer skill tree? I mean, I play as a knight with a spear to improve my riding skill, then later use a bow. If I simply increase the bow and then can shoot while mounted, it would be more practical. And I would be practicing with my bow. But it’s just an idea.

I don’t mind it being the way it is.

You didn't really read through the notes on the 1.2.x branch have you?
Are you a TW employee because you seem to be defending this game at every level. And if you read the actual notes for the patches it mentions nothing of a release date and the latest community tale also mentions nothing of a release date. Get off your white horse

Are you a TW employee because you seem to be defending this game at every level. And if you read the actual notes for the patches it mentions nothing of a release date and the latest community tale also mentions nothing of a release date. Get off your white horse

You where the one that made the argument 1.2.x would just be a bunch of fixes and nothing else. Why I asked if you had read the 1.2.x notes.

Wouldn’t this be better utilized in the archer skill tree? I mean, I play as a knight with a spear to improve my riding skill, then later use a bow. If I simply increase the bow and then can shoot while mounted, it would be more practical. And I would be practicing with my bow. But it’s just an idea.

I don’t mind it being the way it is.
This change isn't that big an issue really as it ties to the the riding skill which levels up easily; the affect is barely noticeable for players. Especially since most probably still do the same HA cheese at the beginning (AI kiting).

This change was targeted more towards the AI units than the player, and however they want to dictate the skill points of each unit type/tier accordingly.
So a HA tier that hits the 100 riding, noticeably better than the T2 ones; and the T2 ones are slightly worse.

im 100% sure

I think many people were like me, waiting the release of 1.2 to start a new campaign
I could have start one during the beta if i knew the beta would last so long...

I think many people were like me, waiting the release of 1.2 to start a new campaign
A lot of console players are likely the same, there's no point to a campaign when kingdoms won't die.

If I knew it was coming in the next two weeks I'd start a campaign today.

I am also waiting to start a new campaign, i want to export my save files from the Ps4 to the Ps5 version. I am wondering what to play atm, it is already 2 weeks that i do not know what to play. I hope we get the 1.2 update b4 Christmas. Grtz Vaan.

Ok, I get where you're coming from. And believe me, I'm also not happy with the 1.2.x development-process.

But if you want a more definitive answer: Dejan refered to the Community Tales #4 from the 25. november, where they talke about "a release in the next few weeks". "Few weeks" of course is open to interpretation, but 3 weeks doesn't sound bad, does it?
So I'd say, until 16. december you have an answer with a set goal, and if they haven't delivered until then, go berserk and I won't stand between you and the devs. :party:
Stay in your lane, peasant.

I can not believe this patch has not been released yet, did they completely break the game or is it such a huge update that completely changes the game. I'm planning on complete disappointment at this point.

I can not believe this patch has not been released yet, did they completely break the game or is it such a huge update that completely changes the game. I'm planning on complete disappointment at this point.
The changes to the game aren't that huge, but the changes to the combat AI are pretty large. Though I'm assuming that the reasons that this patch is taking so long are due to both AI being tricky to get right, and potentially TW getting a lot of new interns on the dev team as the academic year starts around september - october (but this is just a guess).

Back
Top Bottom