Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

There's also a new bug I noticed with siege defense OOB, you can't hotkey to cycle through your formations when fiddling around with it; only by manually clicking. But also, that same clicking can't be used when also trying to readjust your siege engines since your mouse is 'stuck' on one formation; as it then drops your 100 troops on that tower and half fall to death (why is that still a thing...).

No, was just my one clan party. The initial pre-battle formations doesn't seem to end up in a mess of mixed ranged and infantry anylonger when deployed. Just when I try to order any of them once battle start I just had the choice between two large formations of mixed units. Rather than the 2 infantry and 3 ranged formations that got deployed.
Could you please share a video if you have one?

PIconi, is it possible to release a quick hotfix for PC just to correct the aim with bow and arrow on the mounted archer? I wanted to play the beta to test and help by reporting problems but it’s very annoying to play with this issue.

The mounted crossbow has the same problem as the mounted bow.

Maybe it is only me, but I like the fact that low level enemies aren't so good at parrying, this way fighting looters is less annoying.

PIconi, is it possible to release a quick hotfix for PC just to correct the aim with bow and arrow on the mounted archer? I wanted to play the beta to test and help by reporting problems but it’s very annoying to play with this issue.

We are aware of the feedback on this and forwarded it for investigation. Having said that, it is unlikely that any patch would contain just one particular change.

But by the time this version is released, it's going to be fixed, right? talewords not going to release it like this because if you do, you're going to get a lot of hate for possibly breaking the most used mechanic in the game, haha.

Does 1.2.X address any of the bugs in 1.1.6? I’m curious because I’m loving this game but I can’t get past the mid game without a game breaking bug forcing me to start again from the beginning. I’m on console so I was curious what the beta players are experiencing?

Get skills up and its not a big issue though.

Does 1.2.X address any of the bugs in 1.1.6? I’m curious because I’m loving this game but I can’t get past the mid game without a game breaking bug forcing me to start again from the beginning. I’m on console so I was curious what the beta players are experiencing?

You could like read through the patch notes of the beta branch listed on the first page of this thread?

Releasing an incomplete game to other platforms just to sell more is pure greed. Instead of completing the game, they optimized it for consoles. TW is very poorly managed. I'm not criticizing the developers for doing what was asked of them.
I don’t think it’s greed at all. There are probably over 130 people working at TaleWorlds, all of which need to be paid on a regular basis. That doesn’t include any of the other overhead cost like hardware. All in an industry where the profits for said employees and overhead are tail loaded. And not tail loaded in terms of weeks or months like in other business but in terms of years. Development for this game is over ten years now. It’s very tough to do business like that. I know it’s frustrating but also entirely understandable.

I don’t think it’s greed at all. There are probably over 130 people working at TaleWorlds, all of which need to be paid on a regular basis. That doesn’t include any of the other overhead cost like hardware. All in an industry where the profits for said employees and overhead are tail loaded. And not tail loaded in terms of weeks or months like in other business but in terms of years. Development for this game is over ten years now. It’s very tough to do business like that. I know it’s frustrating but also entirely understandable.
It's not greed its business, it's just a poor way to do business, probably forced by other previous bad decisions. Chronic mismanagement seems to be the strong suit of the studio; all the attendant mess is the result.

Of course the usual disclaimer applies - this is all just speculation of course. However when you look at the current product, what other conclusions can be drawn? Bad luck? Nah.

At some point of the development I thought they were aiming high, creating a base engine that was also good for standalone games.

P.S. Also, please, fix clone children....
Well my latest progeny are all fairly unique, my two sons look quite different.
5oRwuYK.png

I can't speak for non-player Clans though, which is where it tended to be most prevalent. Harder to know with encyclopedia fog of war. I hope it's fixed...

The content of the 1.2.x release of Bannerlord:
- formation targeting
- a bit new weather
- 3 new small quests
- the rest: 95 % bug-fixing and QoL-work

Don't get me wrong, as I stated before it's the right way to go for Bannerlord in the current situation. But you can't compare a patch that focuses on new content with a patch which nearly exclusevly contains fixing and QoL. That are just completly different topics.
This amount of content shouldn't take 6 months to finalize before release, and I'm assuming there was an alpha, so it's probably been "cooking" for 9 months. 3 months at the most even with consoles and if that's "too much work" hire more people. TW had no qualms taking console players money while offering a decidedly inferior product, that also wasn't finished. (Literally patched in voice over after the fact... rather haphazardly)

It's becoming pretty obvious that Bannerlord is effectively an abandoned product, that or there's very serious staffing/management issues preventing development progress. Really requires a lot of restraint on my part to not fly into expletives here. Unfortunately video games are considered primarily entertainment, so their value is subjective at best. Lord have mercy if TW was releasing some kind of paid for software to perform some needed function. Probably be embroiled in lawsuits.

I tried to force it again doing a number of sieges. But now it wont happen. Maybe bound to particular fief? The fief in question was "Flintolg Castle". If I encounter it again Ill make a ticket and include save and some screenshots.

Think I found another issue. Brother Faroc came of age and trying to hook him up with a lady of the empire. But the younger ones of them that come of age show as have no parents (or any relations at all in the wiki). They show up as a member of their clan when on the clan page, but if you try ask for their hand from clan leader, they not avilable at all. Started to look through the wiki and found a few across the factions.

Thasyna of clan Prienicos
Achenda of clan Commos
Lundana of clan Vatatzes
Ifrain of clan fen Derngil
Detheuda of clan dey Valant
Soren of clan Togaroving
Orgunda of clan dey Arromanc
Ylen of clan fen Eingal

Please look into this, don't make Faroc get married to a old woman -)

It's becoming pretty obvious that Bannerlord is effectively an abandoned product, that or there's very serious staffing/management issues preventing development progress.
"becoming" ?
It was obvious right from the early access, BL spent two years there with barely a change.
Why do you think there is such a caustic atmosphere in the forums ?

Think I found another issue. Brother Faroc came of age and trying to hook him up with a lady of the empire. But the younger ones of them that come of age show as have no parents (or any relations at all in the wiki). They show up as a member of their clan when on the clan page, but if you try ask for their hand from clan leader, they not avilable at all. Started to look through the wiki and found a few across the factions.

Thasyna of clan Prienicos
Achenda of clan Commos
Lundana of clan Vatatzes
Ifrain of clan fen Derngil
Detheuda of clan dey Valant
Soren of clan Togaroving
Orgunda of clan dey Arromanc
Ylen of clan fen Eingal

Please look into this, don't make Faroc get married to a old woman -)
I know this is a problem. There should be a option after they ask who's hand are you offering, who you want to marry to. I had alot trouble marrying my great grandsons to the girls i wanted to in the end game. It is always some other girl or woman that you could marry to. Sometimes women above 65 years old, that doesnt make any sense.

There is no way that the current girl/woman available in that clan, who you can marry to, could change to the girl you want for your sons. It only changes the current Girl/Woman when they either get married to someone else or worst case scenario they drop dead. Please TW fix this, it is not a bug but a simple feature that is missing in the game. Grtz Vaan.

I know this is a problem. There should be a option after they ask who's hand are you offering, who you want to marry to. I had alot trouble marrying my great grandsons to the girls i wanted to in the end game. It is always some other girl or woman that you could marry to. Sometimes women above 65 years old, that doesnt make any sense.

There is no way that the current girl/woman available in that clan, who you can marry to, could change to the girl you want for your sons. It only changes the current Girl/Woman when they either get married to someone else or worst case scenario they drop dead. Please TW fix this, it is not a bug but a simple feature that is missing in the game. Grtz Vaan.

Different issue. You will always be offered the oldest unmarried in a clan when you try to get an marriage that way. The ones above, they can't be offered what so ever, because they have no parents, no siblings, no nothing. They came of age and then... all alone in the world -) So when try to ask the clan leader for a marriage, he wont offer them because they don't exist to them. Even though they is in same clan.

Different issue. You will always be offered the oldest unmarried in a clan when you try to get an marriage that way. The ones above, they can't be offered what so ever, because they have no parents, no siblings, no nothing. They came of age and then... all alone in the world -) So when try to ask the clan leader for a marriage, he wont offer them because they don't exist to them. Even though they is in same clan.
This is something they should fix on the marriage stuff. Allow which person you're offering and want for marriage

Back
Top Bottom