Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Did we seriously wait close to 6 months for this update that mostly included fixes....I have lost all hope. Maybe I'll start playing again after 2 years when they've finally made substantial updates.

Just trying now and damn, the modding tools are much more stable and performant. The changes for the campaign map editing are VERY welcome. Awesome job devs and modders! 👌

Só estou tentando agora e caramba, as ferramentas de modding são muito mais estáveis e de alto desempenho. As mudanças na edição do mapa da campanha são MUITO bem-vindas. Desenvolvedores e modders de trabalho incríveis!👌
What tools are these? What is it for? Only for PC?

Settlement Garrison Balance Adjustments
  • Improved the army AI garrison donation formula. Parties will now donate troops to newly conquered towns and castles based on their strength ratio in the army. This will result in newly conquered settlements having more garrison troops.
  • Newly conquered settlements will now instantly get militia based on the Daily Militia Expected Change with a minimum number of 30 units.
Finally. :party:

Did we seriously wait close to 6 months for this update that mostly included fixes....I have lost all hope. Maybe I'll start playing again after 2 years when they've finally made substantial updates.
Seeing as 1.1.0 released in MARCH OF THIS YEAR and was the last ''content update'' and 1.2 havent even hit main branch yet. You're basically saying you'll play the game again in two updates :smile: Which is not a poke at you, but at Taleworlds snail pace and one update a year kinda deal.

Seeing as 1.1.0 released in MARCH OF THIS YEAR and was the last ''content update'' and 1.2 havent even hit main branch yet. You're basically saying you'll play the game again in two updates :smile: Which is not a poke at you, but at Taleworlds snail pace and one update a year kinda deal.
Yea its pretty disheartening to see how far TW has fallen

Could you please share some more info on this (screenshots, any specific way to replicate it)?

Thanks for sharing, will investigate it.
lj4uGiY.jpg

I also had an instant of bright blue textures around rock formation during a siege - don't remember which castle though... (probably Sturgia/Vlandia).

It's not a typo, the effect of that multiplier is very small. 40% translates into a few pixels essentially. The new value should now provide an actually noticeable weapon inaccuracy.
Then please balance horse archer's AI, after several tests I found this make ai tire 2 horse archers (40 bow skill and 40 riding skill) only fire their bows in the melee range( about 20 unit distance in game display) because the AI think they can't hit target in longer range, which make them become useless. t3 horse archers looks bette, but still fire in very close range.

Last edited:
Could you please share some more info on this (screenshots, any specific way to replicate it)?

Thanks for sharing, will investigate it.
there are some blue ground too, in sturgiar maybe. at first i think it to make the feeling of cold in the north, but after sometime it grow brighter

When are we going to see fixes for the biggest issues that are preventing gameplay from being fun? Stuff like:

* Voting being useless because nobles vote almost unanimously, making the whole politics and influence system nearly irrelevant (except for exploits)
* Relation with lords, one of the core systems of the game, doesn't do anything useful
* Having to slog your way through boring, easy battles/sieges to win a campaign, adding another 20 hours of not fun to your playthrough, because nobles/garrisons never surrender even when outnumbered 5000 to 1, and autocalc battles punish you by killing off troops at random
* Tactics being extremely simplistic and boring because ranged troops are very OP, because armour gives terrible protection against arrows, so the best tactic every single time is to have a ****ty distraction for your ranged troops to mow down

These 4 biggest issues turn a potentially challenging, thought-provoking, fun game... into a boring grindfest that feels like a painful chore to complete.

Are Taleworlds totally tonedeaf to these issues? How can they play their own game, look at these core systems not working, and say "yep that looks right"... For 2+ years?

As it stands, enthusiasm for Bannerlord has largely died off because Taleworlds forgot to make the game not a frustrating experience to play.

When are we going to see fixes for the biggest issues that are preventing gameplay from being fun? Stuff like:

* Voting being useless because nobles vote almost unanimously, making the whole politics and influence system nearly irrelevant (except for exploits)
* Relation with lords, one of the core systems of the game, doesn't do anything useful
* Having to slog your way through boring, easy battles/sieges to win a campaign, adding another 20 hours of not fun to your playthrough, because nobles/garrisons never surrender even when outnumbered 5000 to 1, and autocalc battles punish you by killing off troops at random
* Tactics being extremely simplistic and boring because ranged troops are very OP, because armour gives terrible protection against arrows, so the best tactic every single time is to have a ****ty distraction for your ranged troops to mow down

These 4 biggest issues turn a potentially challenging, thought-provoking, fun game... into a boring grindfest that feels like a painful chore to complete.

Are Taleworlds totally tonedeaf to these issues? How can they play their own game, look at these core systems not working, and say "yep that looks right"... For 2+ years?

As it stands, enthusiasm for Bannerlord has largely died off because Taleworlds forgot to make the game not a frustrating experience to play.
-Follow your posts long time ago, very suprise you still here writing feedback. Need more comunication between players and dev
Secondly I want to give TW a few words:
We play your game since first EA release, reporting bugs, giving you feedback, being free testers for your game, I saw many bug threads still in progress and they exist for years, the whole skill/perks system driven me to play them more than the game itself, all horses are same color, my faction declareing war in two front after a few days peace, Noble keep teleporting around so finding them become impossible mission. Do you think people will buy your next product after the way you treat them here ? will your players recomend your name to their friends ?
Bannerlord is a good game if not the best, but there are bunch of problem when you dig deeper in to the game, I'm sorry to be blunt but company's level of creative and performance is terrible. Does anyone in your company actually play the game ? Reported some simple bugs and it's easy to reproduce than your can drink a cup of milk but still ask me to check many things, sending videos.
The captain/govenor perks are complicated, it make no sense since some pair have two party leader role and both player/companions have the same skill trees, perks function scatter all around, lv250 onehanded +15 party size, swinging your sword better make your party manage food better ? there so soooo many dumb idea has been put into this masterpiece.
<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Lords in civvie clothing being killed by guards in prison break is.. was a bug? Well, i though its normal dying easer when a sword puncture your thin cotton cloth.
Loved when basic physics be implemented in any video games..

Seriously, this patch was a disappointment @Duh_TaleWorlds by the time you guys took to do stuff, unless there's more than it's written here
Different branches are worked on concurrently. x.x.X patches focus on critical bug fixes and minor balance / content changes (in beta, live usually won't see content changes). x.X.x patches introduce the regular feature & content changes.

Back
Top Bottom