Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think TW would be dumb enough to neglect BL, it's their Jewel in the crown. Jaded Devs might be off doing something completely different but TW will have plans for future BL.

I know that you (TW in general) is reluctant to give a reason as to why,
I actually shared notes on the why a couple of times. A few relatively recent ones are

The beta will go to the live branch and consoles after the known multiplayer, console and compliance issues have been resolved, translations are completed and issues identified during beta have been fixed.

There will be more hotfixes before we reach that point. For instance, the loud character noise and the bug that causes agents to not understand they are within enemy attack range (leading to seemingly poor combat skills) should not make it out of beta. The recent beta MP test event with the community also helped to identify issues that require resolution.
Our release process comes down to the following:
  • Complete required content for a release
  • Pass base line internal check
  • Release to beta
  • Resolve issues that are already known or identified at this point internally / by the community
  • Complete other cross-platform release requirements (localization, release check, certification)
  • Full cross-platform release to "Live"
With 1.2.x we opted for an earlier beta release as that allows us to collect and respond to a broader range of community feedback rather than just "critical" items (think balance tweaks VS. crash fixes). Currently, we still have outstanding known issues we want to resolve - and will likely take further steps on the identification front as well (f.e. MP "test" events with the community). In other words, the release to live (including consoles) may appear to take a longer time than usual - but most of that (currently) comes down to an earlier "public" release. Personally, I hope we will continue to go for a comparatively earlier beta release.
Once the outstanding known as well as any newly identified blockers have been resolved.

This concerns stability, performance and modding items as well as more specific bugs or balancing efforts for both MP and SP.
As of now, we are still resolving known issues. The most basic why is simply that we don't want to release a version with known critical issues to live. In some cases we may also take a few more days to adjust functionality or address non-critical bugs that the community highlights so that they don't need to wait for another patch cycle.

but could you answer if 1.3 is being worked on?
Sure, we continue the development approach that was discussed in the post-release plans.

I actually shared notes on the why a couple of times. A few relatively recent ones are

As of now, we are still resolving known issues. The most basic why is simply that we don't want to release a version with known critical issues to live. In some cases we may also take a few more days to adjust functionality or address non-critical bugs that the community highlights so that they don't need to wait for another patch cycle.

Sure, we continue the development approach that was discussed in the post-release plans.
Is it not possible to split the update and bring to cheats to console in its own patch?

Is it not possible to split the update and bring to cheats to console in its own patch?
It's possible in principle, but will only satisfy a subset of users and cause overall delay due to the fixed costs associated with the release process.

Still, if there are major delays, I will be happy to bring it up for consideration.

I know that you're not the community guy, but do you know if there's any word of a "further development plans" or something similar for what is intended after 1.3? Even if the plan is to stop developing the game further via content patches and/or DLCs, it would be helpful to share it (I assume that the game will still be receiving bug & performance fixes after the "development" stops).

I know that you're not the community guy, but do you know if there's any word of a "further development plans" or something similar for what is intended after 1.3? Even if the plan is to stop developing the game further via content patches and/or DLCs, it would be helpful to share it (I assume that the game will still be receiving bug & performance fixes after the "development" stops).
The broad strokes that were previously discussed are that we will explore both DLCs and further base game content additions.

Overall, there are many more ideas that we are keen to explore as part of our regular developments. Some of these are smaller topics like balance tweaks to our auto-battle-resolution, companion variety, raiding, settlement projects or multiplayer classes and modes. Others concern improvements to control schemes and haptic feedback, modding tools, multiplayer taunts and maps, diplomacy decision making, the clan-kingdom lifecycle, the mission atmosphere and weather system, as well as a variety of quality of life changes such as party member sorting. And yet others will be more involved such as the claimant quest and the multiplayer spectator mode.

To address the elephant in the room, and some of the questions that came with it, we are certainly also open to DLCs as they are a great way to provide you with additional content that does not fit into the base game’s scope. Having said that, it will be some time before we release any DLC, it will be a gradual shift in development and it will not be mutually exclusive as the base game will also continue to receive updates.

As a testament to that - there is no particular DLC that we want to announce right now. However, we are observing and discussing many of the topics that you are passionate about.

In this regard, we also want to express our heartfelt gratitude to everyone that has supported us throughout the early access period. The game has come a long way and it wouldn’t have been possible without you and your passion for Mount&Blade.

We look forward to taking the next steps of this journey with you - as well as anyone that may join us on the way.

It's possible in principle, but will only satisfy a subset of users and cause overall delay due to the fixed costs associated with the release process.

Still, if there are major delays, I will be happy to bring it up for consideration.
Thank you for some clarity on the situation!

The broad strokes that were previously discussed are that we will explore both DLCs and further base game content additions.
Alright, it's reassuring to hear that the development will likely continue in both ways for some time. Thank you for responding to my questions.

I still don't like the fact that 1.2 is taking absurdly long to reach live (I doubt that TW likes it either), but I recognize that my displeasure with the current speed of development isn't going to make it release any quicker.

Those were some of the most broadest answers ever
Alright, it's reassuring to hear that the development will likely continue in both ways for some time. Thank you for responding to my questions.

I still don't like the fact that 1.2 is taking absurdly long to reach live (I doubt that TW likes it either), but I recognize that my displeasure with the current speed of development isn't going to make it release any quicker.
Its been over 4 months since an actual patch was released...... I dont think I've seen any other game take that long to deliver something to their playerbase which is starving for actual content

Those were some of the most broadest answers ever

Its been over 4 months since an actual patch was released...... I dont think I've seen any other game take that long to deliver something to their playerbase which is starving for actual content
I'm not trying to excuse the current dev speed, but Minecraft (most sold game in the world) releases roughly 1 patch every year, Pokemon S/V (literally the most valuable media franchise) took 10 months to release a DLC which takes like 3 hours tops to complete, and Cyberpunk took like 1,5 years to release 2.0, and in 3 years they released 7 patches total. I'm sure I can find more examples, but honestly as much as I hate the dev speed, it could really be worse (but I hope that it won't be). Now TW's communication on the other hand...

Last edited:
Is there a definitive reason for why this update has taken so long
The only thing i got out of that long "update" from Duh was generalized BS and avoiding anything specific which is the worst thing you can ever say. If your only going to give the broadest of updates you might as well say nothing

I'll literally buy the game for several friends if 1.2 I good enough

The only thing i got out of that long "update" from Duh was generalized BS and avoiding anything specific which is the worst thing you can ever say. If your only going to give the broadest of updates you might as well say nothing
The thing is a good group of skilled and passionate modders could add in all these features within a week

Back
Top Bottom