Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Just opt into the beta if you want to play it It's not like some huge magical changes will be added when it get pushed to main branch. If you on console, well.. patience is a virtue..
Apathy isnt a virtue. They had 10 years of development, 3 in ea, and a year into FULL release it's still just a hollow, bare bones sandbox. Patience has worn thin, im afraid.

Apathy isnt a virtue. They had 10 years of development, 3 in ea, and a year into FULL release it's still just a hollow, bare bones sandbox. Patience has worn thin, im afraid.
As hard and sad as it is for me to say... I agree, patience is next to gone at this point... I like the game, but there are problems that make it really hard to enjoy during a campaign where you're trying to go several years

Completely agree, obviously when waiting for an update you should be patient but there's a limit

Well I am on console, so I can't play the beta, and don't tell people to be patient, I'd be patient if they actually gave us some ****ing info on if it's gonna take another 4 months or not, if they weren't so slow bannerlord would be one of the most popular games out their
I agree, it's insulting to be told to be patient when they take 4+ months to release an update that doesn't have anywhere near 4 months worth of content, console players make up a good chunk of the player base and they're the ones who are constantly shafted with zero communication!

I agree, it's insulting to be told to be patient when they take 4+ months to release an update that doesn't have anywhere near 4 months worth of content, console players make up a good chunk of the player base and they're the ones who are constantly shafted with zero communication!
It won't be new content, it'll be taking that beta and transferring to the main branch. I'd be surprised if they manage to both convert this to main and get a 1.3 beta out.
You would think they would at least tell us that, but all we get is that this beta (content already out there) has some 'quality' issues to fix before it's considered worth turning to main; some 4+ months after the beta came out.

It won't be new content, it'll be taking that beta and transferring to the main branch. I'd be surprised if they manage to both convert this to main and get a 1.3 beta out.
You would think they would at least tell us that, but all we get is that this beta (content already out there) has some 'quality' issues to fix before it's considered worth turning to main; some 4+ months after the beta came out.
Oh I'm aware that it's just the beta branch going to main I meant new content relative to what console players have now! But yeah 4+ months of fixing quality issues is quite honestly ridiculous! It makes me regret buying the game twice both on console and pc

So you think once(if) they release 1.2, that'll be the last update?
I don't know, not my problem or responsibility to communicate that. All we know is that they 'will' get these changes to us (whatever said intended changes are - not communicated) and that it won't be years before that happens.

I can't even fathom the time frame this would be over. I'm guessing some of us won't be alive to see it.
If they took the usual-ish 3-4 months for every new patch (as large as it is, I really don't understand why 1.2 is taking so long to go live, but it's more of an exception), it would take 1 year to 1,5 years. Bannerlord receiving support and new content for 1 to 2 years really wouldn't surprise me, but it would depend on TW's financials.

As for DLC, I have no idea, I guess that it would depend on TW's financials on if, when and what they might release. They might for example release an elephant dlc with a late game invasion relatively easily, assuming the elephant texture & skeleton is completed and works well. Adding things like new factions should require less programming and more artwork for things like weapons, armors and settlement building textures.

A larger and more comprehensive dlc like naval travel & combat might be easy or hard depending on how they go about it, I don't know. I assume the harder part would be adding the combat & AI (ship models already exist within the game like in sea raider hideouts & some coastal town scenes). The naval combat in Viking Conquest for example was janky and generally unintuitive (though Warband's collision mechanics was responsible for a large part of that). If they intend to add naval combat, I hope that they make it much smoother & give us a way to command allied ships. They could also choose to go the easy way and spawn with ships already boarding each other and give ships well defined borders to make it impossible for units to fall in the water and drown.

If they took the usual-ish 3-4 months for every new patch (as large as it is, I really don't understand why 1.2 is taking so long to go live, but it's more of an exception), it would take 1 year to 1,5 years. Bannerlord receiving support and new content for 1 to 2 years really wouldn't surprise me, but it would depend on TW's financials.

As for DLC, I have no idea, I guess that it would depend on TW's financials on if, when and what they might release. They might for example release an elephant dlc with a late game invasion relatively easily, assuming the elephant texture & skeleton is completed and works well. Adding things like new factions should require less programming and more artwork for things like weapons, armors and settlement building textures.

A larger and more comprehensive dlc like naval travel & combat might be easy or hard depending on how they go about it, I don't know. I assume the harder part would be adding the combat & AI (ship models already exist within the game like in sea raider hideouts & some coastal town scenes). The naval combat in Viking Conquest for example was janky and generally unintuitive (though Warband's collision mechanics was responsible for a large part of that). If they intend to add naval combat, I hope that they make it much smoother & give us a way to command allied ships. They could also choose to go the easy way and spawn with ships already boarding each other and give ships well defined borders to make it impossible for units to fall in the water and drown.
It would be simple. The modders are the actual devs in this game. The top played mods on PC should be made available as dlc on console. I'd gladly pay for one. Modders make things people want and they do it well, and fast. Most Modders wouldnt even asked to be paid, just acknowledged.

It would be simple. The modders are the actual devs in this game. The top played mods on PC should be made available as dlc on console. I'd gladly pay for one. Modders make things people want and they do it well, and fast. Most Modders wouldnt even asked to be paid, just acknowledged.
Disagree... They need to make a modding community for consoles like they did with Skyrim so that those mods are available for free... I play on PC, but I do think they should put diplomacy, etc. on the console

Disagree... They need to make a modding community for consoles like they did with Skyrim so that those mods are available for free... I play on PC, but I do think they should put diplomacy, etc. on the console
I second this! If farming simulator and snowrunner can do it then so can Taleworlds! Even if it's just a small amount of vetted and popular mods that don't include copyrighted material (like the game of thrones mod etc) then that would be amazing!

I second this! If farming simulator and snowrunner can do it then so can Taleworlds! Even if it's just a small amount of vetted and popular mods that don't include copyrighted material (like the game of thrones mod etc) then that would be amazing!
Well yea this would be the ideal situation for not just this game but all of them. My real point is the modders are awsome and I want their content, free, paid....whatever. mods on console is a whole nother beast.

Well yea this would be the ideal situation for not just this game but all of them. My real point is the modders are awsome and I want their content, free, paid....whatever. mods on console is a whole nother beast.
Definitely, modders deserve to reach the largest gaming audience if they wish, the only way I see this happening is if xbox (due to them been the most open to modding) creating their own version of the steam workshop. Skyrim and fallout 4 modding on xbox while limited is crazy good and served as a hugely successful test pilot, it's crazy how the gaming industry hasn't shifted towards it yet but I hope it will in the future. Modding is such a big part of gaming and more people should be allowed to experience it!

Definitely, modders deserve to reach the largest gaming audience if they wish, the only way I see this happening is if xbox (due to them been the most open to modding) creating their own version of the steam workshop. Skyrim and fallout 4 modding on xbox while limited is crazy good and served as a hugely successful test pilot, it's crazy how the gaming industry hasn't shifted towards it yet but I hope it will in the future. Modding is such a big part of gaming and more people should be allowed to experience it!
I'm on ps5. If Xbox fully embraces mods I'd definitely make the switch. They're pretty much the same specs and I don't have any loyalty to any of them. Mods is huge and worth switching consoles.

Wont happen with the rules in place for Xbox. The certification process wouldn't allow for it. Some malicious code slipping through the cracks and brick users consoles Xbox doesn't want to chance that.. If people want modding, game on PC.

Back
Top Bottom