Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm actually just happy the birth/death thing will be an option on console now. This feature ruins the game for me. I like to take my time and that's not possible now. As it stands it feels like a rush to get things leveled just in time to die of old age, companions included.
Also the cheats are nice, that'll help with the incredibly boring slog that's literally a complete waste of game life in smithing. Birth/death wouldn't be so bad if chances of death were later on. Not 40+.
My last playthough 3 companions died right as I started my own kingdom. Then I died at 47. I turned it off and haven't touched it since. This new update should breathe life back into the game.

If you do it then you get the TW lovers blasting you, or a certain moderator (starts with an O) that will swear and threaten to ban you, so why waste the time.
Hi.

If you have a problem with a member of the moderation team, feel free to bring it up with any of the other global moderators or a community manager. Or, as you have for the past few months, you can continue to snipe from the sidelines. I can tell you which would be more effective in resolving your problem, though.

Just remember that all of the moderators here are volunteers, have the same privilege to engage in conversations on the forum as you, and are not expected to be communal punching bags. We're also allowed to swear (but are encouraged to keep it minimal), as the profanity filter is on by default in every user's profile settings.

If you come back with more of this nonsense, it will be the last time for a while.

Hi.

If you have a problem with a member of the moderation team, feel free to bring it up with any of the other global moderators or a community manager. Or, as you have for the past few months, you can continue to snipe from the sidelines. I can tell you which would be more effective in resolving your problem, though.

Just remember that all of the moderators here are volunteers, have the same privilege to engage in conversations on the forum as you, and are not expected to be communal punching bags. We're also allowed to swear (but are encouraged to keep it minimal), as the profanity filter is on by default in every user's profile settings.
To answer your question Orion, the above quote is most likely an example of what Flesson was referring to. Yes, there was more to the quote and I get it, but the perceived tone isn't a good look. I personally don't have a problem with the moderator team here, however, sometimes you do seem to come across as a bit power hungry. Now, I also get that people who are commenting on here are rather unhappy with the current state of things and how it's taking months to get this beta live. I also get how stressful it is for Dejan and you because nobody has any answers on a rough estimate of 1.2.x going live.

However, when I read comments like the one above (vague threats and perceived vague threats) it makes me not want to comment on the forum. My other rub with the moderator team right now is how people (like myself in an earlier comment) are trying to defend TW a little bit and immediately getting called TW shills and the like, but then the moderator team doesn't come into the picture and warn the people who are trashing us regulars who are asking for a little patience.

I'm not going to comment on how TW is being radio silent in a time where a lot of people like transparency that is their standard and I do get the need for not putting an estimated release date out there. I've watched a lot of publishers and game creators die on that hill when the game didn't release within that time frame. Again, I think everyone needs to just chill out and be patient with TW and with the moderator team. 1.2.x will go live when TW is ready for it to go live. And asking every day "is it going live today" isn't going to get us anywhere. As previously pointed out 1.1.x went live 4 or so months after it was announced.

Am I impatient with it? Yes.

But, having been playing the beta 1.2.x these last few days I can honestly say there are still two major issues that I'm running into. The first one is during some battles I keep getting blue lines around the terrain and it's not just limited to certain terrains or towns as it only happens at random. And I have a top end graphics card. The other issue that I'm running into is that I've been in game with the Southern Empire since 1090 something and we have literally been at war from 1095 to 1100 without end because even if we're fighting 2 factions the SE will declare war on another faction. Every time it's down to one conflict the Khuzait attack. This is waaaaay worse than what it was previously and it really starts to drag on you when you're constantly fighting off wars without a peace break.

exactly right. Why do you think I don't post much. 90% of the time it's ignored and the other 10% is a vague answer. For some reason keeping people updated on progress is not a TW ability although tons of other companies do it. If you do it then you get the TW lovers blasting you, or a certain moderator (starts with an O) that will swear and threaten to ban you, so why waste the time. Just sit back, relax and count the days till the game is done and the real warriors, the modders, can fix the game
I still don't see their point in not telling us they can at least vaguely tell how long it will be, they just anger fans by ghosting them

I still don't see their point in not telling us they can at least vaguely tell how long it will be, they just anger fans by ghosting them
It doesn't even need to be an estimated time of release.
If there would be any kind of regular info on why suddenly an update doesn't take a week or a couple of weeks, but instead 4 months with a content of 90 % bug-fixing and QoL-improvements, then I'm rather sure that the mood here would have a change, and in a positive way.

exactly right. Why do you think I don't post much. 90% of the time it's ignored and the other 10% is a vague answer. For some reason keeping people updated on progress is not a TW ability although tons of other companies do it. If you do it then you get the TW lovers blasting you, or a certain moderator (starts with an O) that will swear and threaten to ban you, so why waste the time. Just sit back, relax and count the days till the game is done and the real warriors, the modders, can fix the game

You got a list of all these brave warriors read to jump on? Modders for most parts just regular gamers that happen to know how to mod. When they grow bored of a game, loose interest etc they start play something else and mod. Seen how many mods like BG3 and Starfield got lately on Nexus? Those that make mods for Bannerlord today is not necessary the ones that made mods for the game 2 years ago. The amount of mods that doesn't get updated reflect that, just as well the number of mods that show up new/updated on Nexus weekly.

To answer your question Orion, the above quote is most likely an example of what Flesson was referring to. Yes, there was more to the quote and I get it, but the perceived tone isn't a good look. I personally don't have a problem with the moderator team here, however, sometimes you do seem to come across as a bit power hungry.
I didn't have a question, but I get your point. Part of our policy for moderation here is to consider verbal intervention before issuing warnings through the warning system. We've seen many times in the past that low-intensity spats can usually be resolved without any lasting consequences being dished out, and it doesn't hurt to try. I'm brusque sometimes, but I'm a proponent of that policy.

My other rub with the moderator team right now is how people (like myself in an earlier comment) are trying to defend TW a little bit and immediately getting called TW shills and the like, but then the moderator team doesn't come into the picture and warn the people who are trashing us regulars who are asking for a little patience.
We can't be everywhere, but you can always get our attention with a report. There's a button for it on the bottom-left of every post, and we check for them regularly. You also only have 14 posts, so I went and checked. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see any hostility in responses you've received to any of your posts. Did you have something specific in mind?

We can't be everywhere, but you can always get our attention with a report. There's a button for it on the bottom-left of every post, and we check for them regularly. You also only have 14 posts, so I went and checked. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see any hostility in responses you've received to any of your posts. Did you have something specific in mind?
I've done the forum moderator and discord moderator bit so I get that... I'm mostly referring to instances where someone in this particular thread said something along the lines of "TW is doing their best" and then immediately someone calls them a TW company shill and the like. Or, in instances like the comment that followed this one:

Indicating that someone who doesn't post much "may not have played the game much and therefore their opinion carries little weight"

Not hopeful this will achieve anything but I second this also! Hopefully someone sees this who can make this happen, it's something that should have been there from the beginning and it isn't exactly a huge update
It’s worth a shot, like I’m all for a big update that will make the game better but at this point like there is only one thing we are asking for well 2 cause the age option but even at that….we are asking for just one thing like we on the console can agree that out of all those note we saw cheats and stopped reading cause thats all we want everything else all though still very exciting isn’t ever remotely as exciting and multiplayer seriously can go untouched and no one on console would notice I’m just trying to give them an easy way back into a lot of our hearts on console but sadly all we can do is wait my friend

It’s worth a shot, like I’m all for a big update that will make the game better but at this point like there is only one thing we are asking for well 2 cause the age option but even at that….we are asking for just one thing like we on the console can agree that out of all those note we saw cheats and stopped reading cause thats all we want everything else all though still very exciting isn’t ever remotely as exciting and multiplayer seriously can go untouched and no one on console would notice I’m just trying to give them an easy way back into a lot of our hearts on console but sadly all we can do is wait my friend
Besides the one huge run-on sentence paragraph I agree. Hit the hight points. Cheats, and the birth death option. That's what people seem to want. Release the other massive update some other time. Let's face it, the Bannerlord crowd isn't getting any bigger....

Besides the one huge run-on sentence paragraph I agree. Hit the hight points. Cheats, and the birth death option. That's what people seem to want. Release the other massive update some other time. Let's face it, the Bannerlord crowd isn't getting any bigger....
Yeah the bannerlord crowd will keep getting smaller though if they don't give any info, and I doubt they'll do a small update with the only features people want since it takes effort, and it's something that fans want so of course they won't do it

What's annoying me the most is that to have cheats on PC it's a simple INI tweak and console commands that are litteraly all ready in the game. I'm not very educated on game development but my guess is this new menu is just buttons that auto type the command into the console in the background. It's such a simple addition that would make nearly every console player happy and massively increase replayability because who seriously can bothered doing the smithing grind more than once when you want to Roleplay as a legondary blacksmith or something like that. I don't mind the grind once but after that it's beyond tedious!

What's annoying me the most is that to have cheats on PC it's a simple INI tweak and console commands that are litteraly all ready in the game. I'm not very educated on game development but my guess is this new menu is just buttons that auto type the command into the console in the background. It's such a simple addition that would make nearly every console player happy and massively increase replayability because who seriously can bothered doing the smithing grind more than once when you want to Roleplay as a legondary blacksmith or something like that. I don't mind the grind once but after that it's beyond tedious!
They showed how console cheats worked in the video detailing patch 1.2. Here's what it looks like:

Since there's a command to complete all buildings in Danustica, I'm guessing that the cheat menu gives options depending on your current situation (e.g. instantly sets up a siege camp when starting to siege, gives you 4 of every siege engine when defending or the camp is set up, kills an enemy lord when talking with them, instantly defeats all enemies in the battlefield during a battle, etc.)

Yeah the bannerlord crowd will keep getting smaller though if they don't give any info, and I doubt they'll do a small update with the only features people want since it takes effort, and it's something that fans want so of course they won't do it
Information isn't my problem at the moment... It's the lobotomized AI during combat and the sheer number of in game years with nonstop wars that prevents me from really doing any clan maintaining or fief maintaining

@Dejan I hope that you guys understand this is in no way shape or form me taking a shot at you guys I love the work you guys do and I know you all are working hard and under pressure and I can’t wait to to see the great work you guys have done to try to fix this game. No one perfect and I don’t expect you guys to be just wanted to see what the possibilities are of getting a small patch out to console is all. I have no Ill will or negativity towards this company keep up the great work guys

Another week goes by with no 1.2, maybe this will be the one we finally get it

Just opt into the beta if you want to play it It's not like some huge magical changes will be added when it get pushed to main branch. If you on console, well.. patience is a virtue..

They showed how console cheats worked in the video detailing patch 1.2. Here's what it looks like:

Since there's a command to complete all buildings in Danustica, I'm guessing that the cheat menu gives options depending on your current situation (e.g. instantly sets up a siege camp when starting to siege, gives you 4 of every siege engine when defending or the camp is set up, kills an enemy lord when talking with them, instantly defeats all enemies in the battlefield during a battle, etc.)

Honestly it's such a tease seeing it and not being able to use them, I don't see why this can't be implemented in its own patch on its own to give console players what they want though. This whole lack of communication is very frustrating!

Honestly it's such a tease seeing it and not being able to use them, I don't see why this can't be implemented in its own patch on its own to give console players what they want though. This whole lack of communication is very frustrating!

The xbox platform is abysmal when it come to pushing patches though. It's not like steam where dump a hotfix is a non issue.

Just opt into the beta if you want to play it It's not like some huge magical changes will be added when it get pushed to main branch. If you on console, well.. patience is a virtue..
Well I am on console, so I can't play the beta, and don't tell people to be patient, I'd be patient if they actually gave us some ****ing info on if it's gonna take another 4 months or not, if they weren't so slow bannerlord would be one of the most popular games out their

Back
Top Bottom