Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Ask the tavern keeper to learn more about the clan that owns the settlement, unlocking all clan member information in the encyclopedia for a fee. Inquiring about companions reveals their details as well.
You forgot about castle!
Castles are tradebount with towns. So those should be revealed as well.
Maybe a perk could be given to trade caravans to unlock clan members they meet.
Or tournaments. Lets say during peacetime each kingdom can create a uniqe tournament that attracts nobles to watch. Or that the tournament masters have a location of their own where they hold uniqe fights with rewards that can´t be bought or found in loot.
Or a charm perk where one can leave a familymember in a settlement and they unlock over time.

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds overall good patch, but i gotta ask any plans for some court intrigue and random events popping up while in a city, castle, village and while traveling? Because right now there is nothing to do in peace time except for tournaments, killing small patches of bandits and trying to find some lord in prison to break out. In other words nothing to do in peace time it's boring and dull.

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds overall good patch, but i gotta ask any plans for some court intrigue and random events popping up while in a city, castle, village and while traveling? Because right now there is nothing to do in peace time except for tournaments, killing small patches of bandits and trying to find some lord in prison to break out. In other words nothing to do in peace time it's boring and dull.
Let 🧈 Us 🧈 Feast 🧈🧈🧈🧈🧈🧈🧈

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Fiefless Kingdom Destruction
    • Kingdoms that lose all of their fiefs no longer linger around. Instead, they get destroyed.
    • The kingdom’s clans become independent, inheriting its diplomatic stances and relations. Over time, they can join available kingdoms or wither away if they fail to do so for more than four weeks.
This sounds absolutely amazing, any idea when this will be available on Xbox?

It seems that this patch still hasn't solved the problem with the Mod Calardia Expanded, there are a lot of people who stopped playing this game because they don't have that map, I play the latest version with the Mod from time to time, I have the updates turned off, but I would like to see what's new.

Does anyone else have the cannot create save data problem(Save failed)?
I tried reinstalling, I updated nvidia graphics card, I went to windows firewall and added an exception, deleted my old save files and frankly I don't know what else to do, I really want to try this patch out.
Sweet regards Deckland

This patch is really amazing - qualitative changes that really make the game more hardcore and more interesting - orders to formations, weather (although I lack the effects and sounds of thunderstorms), warehouses, the ability to throw off siege ladders, changes in ai in general delighted me, not to mention other improvements.

The developers are great fellows! 👍

But I agree with many that this patch is clearly not a reason to start a new adventure for the player - it's really time for developers to focus on serious diplomacy, role-playing element, I would like mid- and late-game crises, and so on, and I really hope that work in this direction is going on and will not have to wait for them for 5 months.

Speaking of crises, where are my elephants? My imagination is already drawing a remake of the Invasion of the Black Knights (or mb Timurid etc) with elephants, 🐘

when will we be able to get information about the DLC? I want to financially support the developers 🧐

Untitled.png

bug?

I look at it at a lot less pessimistic angle - they fixed a number of the players' biggest gripes in one single patch, not to mention how AI battle actually looks pretty sick now.

That means that they do, in fact, have at least a couple of ears on this community, contrary to some beliefs here.

Overdue? Probably - better late then never. Skeleton? Unlikely now, especially with the way it is now heading.

I thoroughly enjoyed Warband even without it having all those points you mentioned, let alone without having in-game children, having companions or you main character die etc.

Having said that, i understand we all have higher expectations for the potential of this game than the previous ones, but this patch makes the expectations valid now.
Id like to say thats true but my ears were blown out with the loud shouts in battle. How that got my testing baffles me. Gave me a headache the first time I played.

no, from my early testing workshops are in an even worse spot. I have tried to talk to TW about shops for almost 2 years to fix them but they either don't care or want my help. Shops are trash and have been obliterated by TW. Why they don't care is beyond me. Ever since 1.8 they have gotten worse and worse. But when you're a company that is too stubborn or proud to ask for help from someone that specializes in them for over 2 years, that tells you how bad it is. Especially wool weavery, smithy and wood shops are a mess and I would avoid them at all costs. Why is it after almost 2 years @Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun you guys still don't want any help from someone that has spent hundreds of hours just testing shops. Why leave in broken mechanics instead of doing something about it? We are out of early access right and should be moving forward, and not backwards.....

no, from my early testing workshops are in an even worse spot. I have tried to talk to TW about shops for almost 2 years to fix them but they either don't care or want my help. Shops are trash and have been obliterated by TW. Why they don't care is beyond me. Ever since 1.8 they have gotten worse and worse. But when you're a company that is too stubborn or proud to ask for help from someone that specializes in them for over 2 years, that tells you how bad it is. Especially wool weavery, smithy and wood shops are a mess and I would avoid them at all costs. Why is it after almost 2 years @Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun you guys still don't want any help from someone that has spent hundreds of hours just testing shops. Why leave in broken mechanics instead of doing something about it? We are out of early access right and should be moving forward, and not backwards.....

Does anyone else have the cannot create save data problem(Save failed)?
I tried reinstalling, I updated nvidia graphics card, I went to windows firewall and added an exception, deleted my old save files and frankly I don't know what else to do, I really want to try this patch out.
Sweet regards Deckland

Help please seems u kno stuff

Since TW and the devs hate me, I might as well just say it. Are they even testing anything, horrible sound problem that should have been deteced before release, but how about this for a bug. A merc is sieging us, he leaves the kingdom in the middle of the siege and is now stuck in a siege camp and cant break it, so long he has run out of food and everyone is starving........Working As Intended™ ??
vzuh5.png

Overall, great patch, with some polish issues as expected from a Beta branch.

The targeting is great but please either add backend parameters that archers will maneuver to flanks if they need to get to engagement distance, for archer units with bad range they run right up to the formation and go to melee. This happens even when the Advance command is given.

Ideally, Hold Ground allows targeting as well, this would be good to ensure infantry waits for a specific infantry formation to get to it and also ensure my Archers don't run to their deaths.

In the future, is there any thought on a purely defensive/friendly version of this @Duh_TaleWorlds / @Dejan ? Ideally I would like to instruct certain units to protect other units. Such as ensuring my infantry formation protects a specific archer formation, or that my horse archers protect an infantry formation moving to engage. That would help overall with managing the toil of commanding larger formations.

Also, I'd like a slider or dropdown selector to tune the aggression of the combat AI if that can be meaningfully parameterized. I think it's tuned with too much of a defensive bias where a lot of actors just stare at one another with shields up like they're TES IV Oblivion AI actors. I'd like them to be a bit more opportunistic and look to continually envelope/flank the player or other actors if they have the ability to. I get a lot of this advanced decisioning making continues to put more CPU bottlenecks in place but wanted to share the comments.

instead of being a cry baby and complaining about every little thing help me xD and be actually helpful to someone
Do you have over 200 bug reports filed? Have you made dozens of videos just for the devs, sent dozens of save files, sent caravan and worked data since 1.5.4 to help and try and improve them only for them to get worse, no, didnt think so

I played on 1.1.4, made only wool workshops, they worked like crazy 300-400 each

Do you have over 200 bug reports filed? Have you made dozens of videos just for the devs, sent dozens of save files, sent caravan and worked data since 1.5.4 to help and try and improve them only for them to get worse, no, didnt think so
Where do you make bug reports I noticed a few.

I played on 1.1.4, made only wool workshops, they worked like crazy 300-400 each

Where do you make bug reports I noticed a few.
I tested 1.2, wool weavery are making almost nothing now. I showed it on my stream. They killed another shop. As for the bug reports, I have been doing this for almost 3 years. I started around 1.3 and have been very active with almost 2300 messages in the forums in that time span. Duh, Sadshogun, mexxico, they all know what I've done and while maybe not productive, I think from time to time besides kissing their butt, I can vent and be frustrated unless the "recruit" thinks that is not allowed.

Back
Top Bottom