Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

It's intended that they are replaced at that rate. It's not intended for the "dead" ones to be visible in the encyclopedia - from what I understand. The high rate is, in part, simply to fix existing save games that may suffer from a poor distribution of wanderers (unhired companions).
Thanks @Duh_TaleWorlds.

I believe the "dead" ones eventually disappear from the encyclopedia after a few days. The issue for me is that every new wanderer dies far too quickly after you meet them. Sometimes you can't hire a companion right away, or you just miss them in their travels across Calradia after they teleport across the map just before you get to the tavern they were just at. It would be nice to have the wanderers survive a bit longer while still replenishing at the same rate if you want to fix existing save games without having the "dead wanderers" issue.

I thought the patch notes said that you should be able to see every wanderer alive in the game at any moment in time, this is not true with how often these wanderers are dying (and not all wanderers spawned initially for my campaign regardless)

It's intended that they are replaced at that rate. It's not intended for the "dead" ones to be visible in the encyclopedia - from what I understand. The high rate is, in part, simply to fix existing save games that may suffer from a poor distribution of wanderers (unhired companions).
Gaos Castle looks crooked on the campaign map, you need to fix it

It doesn't fix the issues with the flags / pennants color, they have that default orange/brown color. Matter of faction you can see the issue in some of the pictures of the mod. The spear pennants should be purple for these Imperial units.

I believe they are just missing this code

Flags UseTeamColor="true"

4600-1667005435-682293907.png

Last edited:
It doesn't fix the issues with the flags / pennants color, they have that default orange/brown color. Matter of faction you can see the issue in some of the pictures of the mod. The spear pennants should be purple for these Imperial units.

I believe they are just missing this code

Flags UseTeamColor="true"

4600-1667005435-682293907.png

Ok i thought they had fixed the colour in their latest update for 1.1.0 as per their notes.

I'm still on their previous version for 1.0.3

Is having a beta branch a good idea anyways? I don't see the point

In my experience, an "experimental branch" can be extremely beneficial to the development of a game. One title in particular stands out to me: Empyrion Galactic Survival. It took them YEARS to get that game to where it is today, and during that entire time frame, they were engaging to a moderate degree with their community--mostly on their forums. Experimental branches gradually became more and more important as a means for the developers to put out some of the latest features or changes or expansions to the game and let only those highly engaged community members who wanted to be "experimented on" engage with it. Many, MANY times over the years things which were partially or even fully implemented were revealed to be problematic through experimental user feedback and then changed before stable release. There were plenty of other times that problems did not get detected, and even sometimes when it seemed the developers basically just ignored feedback; even the most engaged and responsive developers are people too and everyone "makes mistakes." And for that matter, what looks like a "mistake" to an outsider might well have been a highly intentional and well-thought out act by the other.

All we can as users who want to help the game and its communities grow and thrive is offer our feedback. Sometimes we are just wrong and our views don't align with the majority and that is what any business has to aim for: what will move the most units. TW know who their audience is, they wouldn't still be making games if they didn't :smile:

But even highly competent professionals can benefit from gentle reminding that it can be useful to listen to your customers.

There is something wrong with the troops AI in battles. Yesterday I fought against looters: my character (mounted) + 6 asserai recruits (infantry) vs 19 looters. When battle just started I attacked looters alone (mounted) with Javelins, my infantry just stayed at their initial position. When I killed about 10-12 looters I ordered my troops to charge, they started advancing but suddenly stopped moving (were just standing), then I ordered them to attack again, but nothing has changed, only when one of the looters came closer to my infantry they resumed their advance. This happens randomly (not in every battle).
TW devs, I think you have to double-check combat AI, do some intensive testing.

Another bug that is actual for both versions 1.0.3 and BETA 1.1.0 is:
In battles when you dismount your horse and mount again, your horse looses about 15-20% of its HP. This happens only once per battle, further dismounts/remounts do not affect the horse HP. I suspect that this bug is somehow related to the Riding skill perk, that gives +20% HP to mounts, but not sure (I might be wrong).

Just wondering when this update will be live for console?

And.....
If can only assign companions to the Alleys, will we be allowed more companions? Or do we have to choose between caravans and Alleys?

I´ve not seen any plans related to higher the companion limit. So choose wisely.

Some stuff that is "clunky" in 1.1 . . .
. . . playing vanilla campaign in 1.1. Get a marriage proposal for my older bro: Rustica. Ah yeah, I seem to recall she is one of the more vanilla empire nobles without much skills but quite young so moldable. Still, I'm not so desperate for children that I'll just accept. No option to look her up from the proposal prompt. Type her into the Encyclopedia. Blurred out. Last seen at Phycaon. I drop what I'm doing and head to Phycaon. By the time I get there (from Marunath) the prompt tab is gone and I guess there is no way to respond to the proposal now, so the trip was kind of pointless. There are problems here . . .

My suggestions:
1. ANY proposal from ANY Hero should get saved for a period of time. Maybe it goes into the quest panes? It is absurd that you have to decide RIGHT NOW or the proposal goes defunct.
2. If someone proposes marriage, it should automatically reveal most of the details, or at least the basic ones that are shown from meeting them in person about the proposed spouse.
3. Game in general desperately needs some sort of "messenger" system. Make it cost 1 Denar per kilometer or whatever so it is less abusable. I know there is a mod for that, but it really should be in vanilla.

I'm desperately trying to "beat" the campaign in vanilla at least once, and provide as much feedback as I can, but some of the lack of Quality of Life features makes it seem pretty painful.

Last edited:
There is something wrong with the troops AI in battles. Yesterday I fought against looters: my character (mounted) + 6 asserai recruits (infantry) vs 19 looters. When battle just started I attacked looters alone (mounted) with Javelins, my infantry just stayed at their initial position. When I killed about 10-12 looters I ordered my troops to charge, they started advancing but suddenly stopped moving (were just standing), then I ordered them to attack again, but nothing has changed, only when one of the looters came closer to my infantry they resumed their advance. This happens randomly (not in every battle).
TW devs, I think you have to double-check combat AI, do some intensive testing.

Another bug that is actual for both versions 1.0.3 and BETA 1.1.0 is:
In battles when you dismount your horse and mount again, your horse looses about 15-20% of its HP. This happens only once per battle, further dismounts/remounts do not affect the horse HP. I suspect that this bug is somehow related to the Riding skill perk, that gives +20% HP to mounts, but not sure (I might be wrong).

Referring to the bolded/italicized part: I have seen similar things happen. Also with the F1 + F4.

In 1.1 there is also some kind of glitch where: when the battle setup starts, either from the very beginning of after the user has reconfigured some formations, part of the user inputs are just not responsive. For example: a battle in which I start the setup with 1 formation of infantry, and one of horse archers. I decide at the outset I want to separate my horse archers into two formations: one with the low tier guys, one with the high tier (let the low tier guys get kills). So I start changing formations around. At some point in this process I realize that the WSAD inputs for the camera are completely unresponsive. The formation selection keys (1, 2,3, etc.) are also completely unresponsive. About the only thing that still works is raise/lower camera from the mouse and spin the camera from the mouse. Generally, the problem seems to "fix itself" eventually, either by simply waiting or by selecting "Reset Deployment" then waiting, but it would be nice if it just didn't happen at all.

Another "glitch" in the battle setups: Lets say I have in Battle 1 nothing but horse archers. However I want to be able to place my character where I want and not grouped in on the rear right flank of the horse archers. So I create a second horse archer formation, drag it to 0/35. Put my character in the captain box, and lock it. Okay cool. Now I fight the battle and everything works okay. But next battle, the game will stick 3 or 4 of the horse archers from formation 1 into formation 2 with me. This should NOT happen. Basically, the game should remember EXACTLY what one's formations were from the previous battle and automatically use the EXACT same ones in the next battle. In the past, it seemed like it did this, even to the point of creating problems that prevented starting the battle (e.g., because troops had upgraded and there were none left to put into a particular formation according to its selection criterion).

One last point about the battle setup: it really should not be necessary to get into a fight to configure this stuff. The player should be able to enter the "Battle Planning" pane at ANY TIME they are on the campaign map and not engaged. Unless your code is just the most incredible garbled spaghetti ever, this should not be a real problem to setup.

Back
Top Bottom