Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

That's true.The developers' poor programming is disappointing.

What matters is if bugs get fixed when they made aware of it. It's called beta patch for a reason.. Not really helpful in any way when you just bash the devs over the head any chance you get for whatever reason.

What matters is if bugs get fixed when they made aware of it. It's called beta patch for a reason.. Not really helpful in any way when you just bash the devs over the head any chance you get for whatever reason.

i think what frustrates people with this game is that it has this incredible singular characteristic where features get broken that were working perfectly fine before as others are getting fixed or introduced.

patches in this game are full of little (nasty) surprises sometimes and i've never seen this before in any other game.

i think what frustrates people with this game is that it has this incredible singular characteristic where features get broken that were working perfectly fine before as others are getting fixed or introduced.

patches in this game are full of little (nasty) surprises sometimes and i've never seen this before in any other game.

Then you don't own many games. Had several experiences with rollbacks with patches and such with games I got on steam because a patch borked the game.

Then you don't own many games. Had several experiences with rollbacks with patches and such with games I got on steam because a patch borked the game.

im not talking about a patch that "borked" the game.

i am talking about features getting constantly broken that had nothing to do with what they were fixing.

example the gap on the crafted swords. example the companions not spawning... i could go on and on. these were working fine until they werent.

im not talking about a patch that "borked" the game.

i am talking about features getting constantly broken that had nothing to do with what they were fixing.

example the gap on the crafted swords. example the companions not spawning... i could go on and on. these were working fine until they werent.

Well, how do you know what affect what in the game when things being changed/altered? You can end up fix one thing and as a side effect something else break. What matters in the end is if they fix it.

Could someone explain me why is it impossible sometimes to ambush the besiegers? "The enemy is alert, you cannot ambush right not". How do I make them un-alert then?

I have mentioned to the devs about more options so we can customize our games since everyone has a different skill level and play style and was told that they think it is NOT a good idea. For the life of me I have no idea how anyone can think this is not good. I'd love to hear why allowing people to customize a game to make it fun for them is a bad idea
I'm a big fan of customizations in games as a general rule, however too many gameplay options especially and in a game like this supposed to be immersive, it both gets harder for devs to balance and make things fit well, as well as for many other (especially, but not limited to) new players it ends up becoming a mess of options where one doesn't know how to play and can become less enjoyable as a result.

I thinkr they make make work with the hidden/fog feature, just needs some fixes and improvements

Is having a beta branch a good idea anyways? I don't see the point
Because nothing like bright up some peoples day by release a patch full of bugs and mess up their game right? At least with make a beta patch optional, people (should) know what to be expected..

Because nothing like bright up some peoples day by release a patch full of bugs and mess up their game right? At least with make a beta patch optional, people (should) know what to be expected..
To be fair, the beta is opt-in optional. Are you sure that you're not talking about the (previously) unannounced and patch-noteless patch to 1.0.3 instead?

Could someone explain me why is it impossible sometimes to ambush the besiegers? "The enemy is alert, you cannot ambush right not". How do I make them un-alert then?
Just guessing but would it have something to do with time of day or time elapsed since the beginning of the siege?

Name of the thread again? You can't do the 1.1 without opt into it.
Yeah, I meant you had to opt in to play the beta, so it wasn't something people were forced into doing. Though I think I get what you meant about beta patches now. The thread I was talking about was the new silent patch notes thread.

Isn't that why actual testers exist rather than your own community?

Isn't that why actual testers exist rather than your own community?
What? You don't enjoy be a beta tester? TW wouldn't even be close when it compares in "game hours" what the community can manage vs what they can inhouse. Don't touch optional beta versions if its not for you ;p

Just guessing but would it have something to do with time of day or time elapsed since the beginning of the siege?
Well, the enemy barely built a camp and made one Siege tower and a ram, so I soubt it is connected to the time elapsed. And I remember I was able to destroy the siege engines at daytime...

@Duh_TaleWorlds maybe you could help with this?

What? You don't enjoy be a beta tester? TW wouldn't even be close when it compares in "game hours" what the community can manage vs what they can inhouse. Don't touch optional beta versions if its not for you ;p
I just don't think it's a good practice to have 2 branches working simultaneously while making your community test for you in a released game. They do pay attention to bug reports (and take their time with some, a lot of time but they do solve them), but on the other hand they don't pay a lot of attention to suggestions with a few exception. It's not that it's not for me, I just don't think it's good

Back
Top Bottom