Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there more planned with the alleys? I mean it´s a nice feature but somehow very shallow if I´m not missing anything:

- you have a fight and take over
- you get some denars (75-130 denars for me, was still raising slowly) and can recruit some bandits (0-3 for me)
- you get some criminal rating which can be totally ignored
- you get some easy fights every now and then to defend your alley to keep it
- easy way to level roquery for companions

The end!

I mean, it does add something, but that´s really not that much overall or is there more stuff we can do with the alleys we control?

What about an option to tell our thugs that they should decrease security/loyalty in the town? Stuff like this?

But overall, the update is good if the bugs will be fixed. And for me it was very stable, I played with one mod (persistance color changer for the banner) and had not a single crash in about 10-12 hours.

It's half-assed like every other feature in the game.

Shame. This was the first update in a long time that actually drew my attention. We can now technically own alleyways which means we run gangs, but as another user stated, its shallow. It doesn't interact with any other systems, other lords make little to no note of you running a criminal enterprise, especially glaring if you run one in their territory, it doesn't open up any bandit or gang related quests for an alternative style of play, there's no "politics" with other gangs, all it is is passive income you occasionally have to babysit.

Is the point of adding this just to say they technically have the option so they can cross it off their list? Perhaps I'm being too grandiose in my ideas for what this should look like, but it should still be possible to do more than what is currently available. Is it truly beyond taleworlds to make these disparate systems interact in a more meaningful way than a plus or minus 5 to some lords relations?* We aren't in beta anymore, this is supposed to be an at least mostly finished game, isn't it?
These questions aren't asked in derison or sarcasm, they're supposed to be a legitimate start to a discussion that I feel the devs should have given us more insight on a long time ago and I would certainly welcome their thoughts on it now.

*in case somebody tries to point out this does happen so technically the systems interact

Shame. This was the first update in a long time that actually drew my attention. We can now technically own alleyways which means we run gangs, but as another user stated, its shallow. It doesn't interact with any other systems, other lords make little to no note of you running a criminal enterprise, especially glaring if you run one in their territory, it doesn't open up any bandit or gang related quests for an alternative style of play, there's no "politics" with other gangs, all it is is passive income you occasionally have to babysit.

Is the point of adding this just to say they technically have the option so they can cross it off their list? Perhaps I'm being too grandiose in my ideas for what this should look like, but it should still be possible to do more than what is currently available. Is it truly beyond taleworlds to make these disparate systems interact in a more meaningful way than a plus or minus 5 to some lords relations?* We aren't in beta anymore, this is supposed to be an at least mostly finished game, isn't it?
These questions aren't asked in derison or sarcasm, they're supposed to be a legitimate start to a discussion that I feel the devs should have given us more insight on a long time ago and I would certainly welcome their thoughts on it now.

*in case somebody tries to point out this does happen so technically the systems interact
I do agree. It feels we are getting content, but the content we get is very vanilla and bland that modders will have to expand upon. I am happy to see the additions I just wish they were more developed is all. Alleys held my attention for 1 day.

Fourberie mod > vanilla alleys

I am already back to 1.0.2 because most mods aren´t updated yet for 1.1.0.

I do agree. It feels we are getting content, but the content we get is very vanilla and bland that modders will have to expand upon. I am happy to see the additions I just wish they were more developed is all. Alleys held my attention for 1 day.
Exactly. About the crime system in Bannerlord especially, it feels to me like the necessary features are mostly there, the dots just needs connecting (and a bit of tweaking). It feels like crime has several features that are maybe tangentially connected to each other, but are mostly separate in gameplay (this is also true for workshops and trading).

Typo: Immortal charm tooltip was changed to "+1 influence for every skill point about 200 charm" but in fact it has not changed ( as in it still gives +1 influence for every 5 skill points above 250 charm)

Exactly. About the crime system in Bannerlord especially, it feels to me like the necessary features are mostly there, the dots just needs connecting (and a bit of tweaking). It feels like crime has several features that are maybe tangentially connected to each other, but are mostly separate in gameplay (this is also true for workshops and trading).
IMO this and all parts of the game need to be either a progression through or an addition to the main gameplay and this version of ally crime does neither.
It fails as progression because... yeah it doesn't go anywhere and will be abandoned with even slight progression in the game.
It fails as an addition because returning to any particular town is dubious once the game is even slightly progressed and certainly a poor use of campaign time to do so. So it's just another "thing" like boards games, it's there, you can say it's added, but it doesn't do anything or matter.

IMO this and all parts of the game need to be either a progression through or an addition to the main gameplay and this version of ally crime does neither.
It fails as progression because... yeah it doesn't go anywhere and will be abandoned with even slight progression in the game.
It fails as an addition because returning to any particular town is dubious once the game is even slightly progressed and certainly a poor use of campaign time to do so. So it's just another "thing" like boards games, it's there, you can say it's added, but it doesn't do anything or matter.
Very aptly put. Alleys definitely has the potential of adding progression to many things if they're (and especially crime) expanded in the future, but as of now, they are mostly a low-risk, low-reward passive income with some additional flair.

Typo: Immortal charm tooltip was changed to "+1 influence for every skill point about 200 charm" but in fact it has not changed ( as in it still gives +1 influence for every 5 skill points above 250 charm)
Holy crap I really hope that they don't actually intend to make it +1 for every level above 200, that would make charm ridiculous.

Agree, naval combat doesn't make any sense in Bannerlord

I don't think this is really an improvement. A hard cap means you can't take a choice and then making the game difficult for yourself, in Warband rtr made sense world wise because sure you can start your own kingdom right away but people won't really care or think that you should be a king at all. And while the mechanic was rough and kinda hidden, things like sending out your companions was cool, even your own King would reprimend you for it, in my opinion it could have been improved upon rather than removed completely. Clan tier feels too MMORPG and more like a list of chores I have to do before the game allows me to do something, I like having the freedom of choosing and then suffering the consequences specially in an open sandbox.

Except it isn't the same thing, isn't it? They are only part of a quest but they should be able to be found in the open world. Rebel factions are a cool addition yes, but again, not the same thing. There's a request from that list your let out which is manhunters, and I think the issue here is not just that they're not in the game, it's the fact that there isn't enough variety in the world in terms of groups roaming around. Manhunters where a cool neutral faction that again, could have been improved upon, I would loved to see it as an actual neutral faction you could be a part of, or have it made a faction where you could quest in early game hunting bandits and such. Deserters could have been a consequence to losing wars or to fighting too many wars, where they could spawn around and cause trouble in your kingdom. I like the living reaction to the things happening in the world, I feel it just doesn't happen as much in Bannerlord. (Really didn't happened a lot in warband, but some mods hitted the spot with this, example, angry serfs spawning in PoP).

I agree, camping didn't have much use in Warband, and now you can wait in villages in Bannerlord which helps pass time faster and safer. I think camping was a solution to waiting for your army to attack in sieges. Here armies solve that perfectly.
What I liked about camping is what mods did with that mechanic. You could stroll around your camp, chat with your soldiers, train your soldiers or train yourself. I mean, there sure was some potential in it, while OG was useless it's sad seeing features go away nonetheless.

While a step in the right direction, there isn't much going on here. It's practically the same you've been doing in precious patches, except you get a bonus when you do it and from time to time you have to defend it. Eh sure it's a good addition, can't complain, it kinda feels like taking gangs in GTA San Andreas lol... maybe that was the inspiration? Who knows. I just hope they go some steps ahead and add more stuff to a criminal playstyle. The problem here is that there isn't any consequences to doing any of this, no one complains that you're ruling 5 gang alleys on your kingdom, like, yeah sure, he goes our kingpin ****ing my daughter no issues. If you're being a gangster lords should hate you, at least, based on their personality (a system Bannerlord has, yet the devs refuse to use for some reason, can someone tell me what do they affect? Seriously asking).
Kinda railed away with this one but TL,DR: good step forward, needs more additions to be called a playstyle.

Rebellions are a great addition, it's exactly the kind of stuff Bannerlord needs. A mechanic of consequences happening in real time to the point it can be a real pain in the ass, I want more of this happening. Ususrpers are not the same thing though, ususrpers/claimants were side characters YOU helped rebel. It was basically creating a kingdom, but for someone else. Really not a huge mechanic, could have some more stuff going on, but for some strange reason I loved doing those in Warband. Should it be in Bannerlord? I don't really miss it, but I understand that people would like the choice of doing them, it's variation, everyone loves variation.

Itttt kinda does. Random companions are usually called the same (Johnny the fighter, Mary the healer, well not so dumb but you get the point), sometimes they even have the same backstory, and you can completely forget about them, you can even not even realize they've died in battle. And then...

And while they react to some stuff happening, I don't think they react enough to be important, or to think something will happen. Again, THE PERSONALITY SYSTEM, could have more use here. Picking fights between companions could be considered an annoyance, but personally, I think that having conflicts in your party made the world feel alive, since how you morally and ideologically you run your party could determine if people would like to follow you or not. I want this to be expanded before saying it's better, because I in warband did liked my companions, and I always felt like I was seeing recurring characters that were part of Calradia. And since, backstories are boring and repetitive, and barely have any consequence in Bannerlord what really changes? Not a lot for sure. Not to mention, Lords in Bannerlord do not change at all in each run, unless they have kids in a long run, so what would be the problem with set companions too? Just add more to the list instead of having 10. Also rising companions into lords was one of the best mechanics in Warband.

On a side note, there's some things from that kinda aggressive list you left out like:

I don't think it's factually wrong at all, there's a lot of valid requests you left out, and half you covered that either were based on your opinion or were not replaced in Bannerlord, just kinda similar.

And this was my TED talk, Taleworlds, please, add politics into the game, they're fun.
Something can't be half-true. It's either true or false; and fundamentally that list of full of mistakes. Once again - I am not asking for people to not provide feedback or even not complain; just be accurate.

Something can't be half-true. It's either true or false; and fundamentally that list of full of mistakes. Once again - I am not asking for people to not provide feedback or even not complain; just be accurate.
Here's a fact: an apple is red, that is an universal truth, even if you're colorblind, or blind or whatever, now, this particular apple is tasty, well that depends in if you like apples or not, you cant call an apple being tasty a fact because it will depend on each individual.
Now, when that other user said
-no feasts
How is that factually wrong? There are no feasts in the game, whether or not you want them or deem it necessary for the game is your opinion and nothing else.
-random generated companions > Jeremus
Well that's entirely your opinion too, I don't see how this can be factually wrong.
Now, what is being accurate exactly? Something that fits your view on what the game needs? I'm sorry, but you can't consider a list of what players want for the game to be true or false, it really doesn't make any sense. If you're taking that list as a bunch of promised features that TW never promised you would be right here but I don't think OP is referring to that at all, I think he's aggressively asking for that content... which isn't going to happen ever anyways

BUG REPORT

- There is a bug where when you fight an enemy party while they are raiding a village and rescue prisoner lords you get negative relations with the rescued lords.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom