Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds have I missed something, or did you, guys, forget to mention a new quest for Gang Leaders?:smile:

Yeah thought this was new, interesting quest. Like that it has 3 options for outcome.

Anywho... yeah this patch is quite buggy. Kind of killing my Bill the Butcher vibe. :sad:

1. I cannot play for more than an hour or two before getting a crash to desktop. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason other than me taking some action be it talking to a Notable or opening a menu. Something tells me this has to do with new Fog-of-War.
  2. Wanderers are de-spawning constantly. I get the impression this is not intended. Like I literally talked to one "Scholar" wanderer and he despawned after a few days. Isn't there a limit on how many Wanderers can be in-game? I wonder if all the extra Wanderers at start are causing the constant despawns.
  3. Renown is not getting added appropriately sometimes. Again don't know cause, but I was not getting any of the Renown I should have from Battles, Quests, etc. Had to restart game and load-in again before Renown started to get added again.
While I do appreciate the Encyclopedia no longer makes you all-knowing, it's also very frustrating to find the right Companions/Lords now. If you're going to have this kind of Fog-of-War you gotta implement something like Feasts and Messengers in-game please. Otherwise don't be surprised if most everyone on PC mods it to the way it was for like 3 years before.

Also you may want to make sure all troop types have some civilian outfit, doesn't look like Poachers do:
uxEacVu.jpg

Ah well Early Access continues I guess

Obervation on fog of war feature: I've noticed in YouTube videos that NPCs which the player has never met before have negative relations with the player from the onset (-3, for example). I assume it would be correct the set the default at 0, as it does not make sense for someone who you've never met before to dislike you. Such penalty should be applied only the moment you talk to them (taking in coount personal traits, political choices or events).
It's always been like that.

Pretty sure it's completely random. Just like who Lords are Friends/Enemies with.

1. I cannot play for more than an hour or two before getting a crash to desktop. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason other than me taking some action be it talking to a Notable or opening a menu. Something tells me this has to do with new Fog-of-War.
  2. Wanderers are de-spawning constantly. I get the impression this is not intended. Like I literally talked to one "Scholar" wanderer and he despawned after a few days. Isn't there a limit on how many Wanderers can be in-game? I wonder if all the extra Wanderers at start are causing the constant despawns.
1. I had no crashes yet in about 10 hours. Do you use mods?
2. Yes! Same issue for me. There are like 2 empire wanderes left at the moment in my game.

I cannot play for more than an hour or two before getting a crash to desktop.
Strange, been playing for good 4 hours for 2 days in a row, had not a single crash...
Renown is not getting added appropriately sometimes.
This also seems to be the problem to me. Sometimes, I beat some petty looters, and the game grants me about 1,5 renown, but sometimes it doesn't. Other fights seem to grant renown normally though.
While I do appreciate the Encyclopedia no longer makes you all-knowing, it's also very frustrating to find the right Companions/Lords now
For companions, it is worth asking tavern keepers - they will always guide you to the companion you need. Had no troubles at all finding 3 Rougery companions to keep some alleys for myself :smile: For Lords... Yeah, this may be a problem, especially if you're looking for some specific spouse.

I'll just throw my 2 cents out there on fog of war: Feels like too much was designed around us having the all-knowing encyclopedia in the first place, and removing it without adjusting them results in them becoming extremely tedious without it.

For starters, I think the Neretze's Folly quest could be knocked down to ~3 or 5 lords or something instead of 10, and then just let us ask the rest of them about it afterwards if we want more flavor text.

Then, a common suggestion is messengers, and they could be used to request to have a lord come to you or wait for you somewhere.

I'll just throw my 2 cents out there on fog of war: Feels like too much was designed around us having the all-knowing encyclopedia in the first place, and removing it without adjusting them results in them becoming extremely tedious without it.

For starters, I think the Neretze's Folly quest could be knocked down to ~3 or 5 lords or something instead of 10, and then just let us ask the rest of them about it afterwards if we want more flavor text.

Then, a common suggestion is messengers, and they could be used to request to have a lord come to you or wait for you somewhere.
We definitely need messengers.

Battle order seems to be bugging out pretty hard. It works when I'm solo, but when I have an army it's 50/50 that I will be the only option to be a captain (not even other lords in my army) or it just skips the battle order phase and goes straight into the fight

I have to say it's pretty nice to see the forum almost in unison, giving credit when credit is due.
My small contribution: very nice patch indeed, congratulations.

It's always been like that.

Pretty sure it's completely random. Just like who Lords are Friends/Enemies with.
Obervation on fog of war feature: I've noticed in YouTube videos that NPCs which the player has never met before have negative relations with the player from the onset (-3, for example). I assume it would be correct the set the default at 0, as it does not make sense for someone who you've never met before to dislike you. Such penalty should be applied only the moment you talk to them (taking in coount personal traits, political choices or events).
Trait mismatch.

Wait... so we have to go find wanderers to know what they are good at?

Can we just place situations vacant notices in town squares so wanderers can know what we're looking for and approach us? Otherwise that's an immense load of boring time that's going to be spent on a mundane task.

(otherwise great stuff!)

Wait... so we have to go find wanderers to know what they are good at?

Can we just place situations vacant notices in town squares so wanderers can know what we're looking for and approach us? Otherwise that's an immense load of boring time that's going to be spent on a mundane task.

(otherwise great stuff!)
I do know that you can talk to bartenders in taverns to ask if any wanderers are looking for work. Haven't tried it yet with wanderers though.

This list is so strange to me...

• No naval combat: A system that was not in the prior game - nor ever promised as part of this game.
Agree, naval combat doesn't make any sense in Bannerlord
  • RtR: A system that has quite clearly been replaced by the clan tier system. Your comments on become faction leader are untrue; because of this system. The only major difference between the two is Warbands RtR was a softcap, bannerlords a hard cap (and family based).
I don't think this is really an improvement. A hard cap means you can't take a choice and then making the game difficult for yourself, in Warband rtr made sense world wise because sure you can start your own kingdom right away but people won't really care or think that you should be a king at all. And while the mechanic was rough and kinda hidden, things like sending out your companions was cool, even your own King would reprimend you for it, in my opinion it could have been improved upon rather than removed completely. Clan tier feels too MMORPG and more like a list of chores I have to do before the game allows me to do something, I like having the freedom of choosing and then suffering the consequences specially in an open sandbox.

• No Deserters: Except there are deserters as part of quest missions, there are rebel factions and military units can be found as part of bandit parties?
Except it isn't the same thing, isn't it? They are only part of a quest but they should be able to be found in the open world. Rebel factions are a cool addition yes, but again, not the same thing. There's a request from that list your let out which is manhunters, and I think the issue here is not just that they're not in the game, it's the fact that there isn't enough variety in the world in terms of groups roaming around. Manhunters where a cool neutral faction that again, could have been improved upon, I would loved to see it as an actual neutral faction you could be a part of, or have it made a faction where you could quest in early game hunting bandits and such. Deserters could have been a consequence to losing wars or to fighting too many wars, where they could spawn around and cause trouble in your kingdom. I like the living reaction to the things happening in the world, I feel it just doesn't happen as much in Bannerlord. (Really didn't happened a lot in warband, but some mods hitted the spot with this, example, angry serfs spawning in PoP).
  • No Camping: As in the mechanic where you stand still and pass time....?
I agree, camping didn't have much use in Warband, and now you can wait in villages in Bannerlord which helps pass time faster and safer. I think camping was a solution to waiting for your army to attack in sieges. Here armies solve that perfectly.
What I liked about camping is what mods did with that mechanic. You could stroll around your camp, chat with your soldiers, train your soldiers or train yourself. I mean, there sure was some potential in it, while OG was useless it's sad seeing features go away nonetheless.
  • No gang playstyle: Except the gang playstyle TW just added in this patch?
While a step in the right direction, there isn't much going on here. It's practically the same you've been doing in precious patches, except you get a bonus when you do it and from time to time you have to defend it. Eh sure it's a good addition, can't complain, it kinda feels like taking gangs in GTA San Andreas lol... maybe that was the inspiration? Who knows. I just hope they go some steps ahead and add more stuff to a criminal playstyle. The problem here is that there isn't any consequences to doing any of this, no one complains that you're ruling 5 gang alleys on your kingdom, like, yeah sure, he goes our kingpin ****ing my daughter no issues. If you're being a gangster lords should hate you, at least, based on their personality (a system Bannerlord has, yet the devs refuse to use for some reason, can someone tell me what do they affect? Seriously asking).
Kinda railed away with this one but TL,DR: good step forward, needs more additions to be called a playstyle.
  • No usurpers: Except there is a full rebellion mechanic implemented into the game?
Rebellions are a great addition, it's exactly the kind of stuff Bannerlord needs. A mechanic of consequences happening in real time to the point it can be a real pain in the ass, I want more of this happening. Ususrpers are not the same thing though, ususrpers/claimants were side characters YOU helped rebel. It was basically creating a kingdom, but for someone else. Really not a huge mechanic, could have some more stuff going on, but for some strange reason I loved doing those in Warband. Should it be in Bannerlord? I don't really miss it, but I understand that people would like the choice of doing them, it's variation, everyone loves variation.
As a final note - I personally much perfer the random companions as it adds another dynamism to the game. Set companions are fun for the first1-3 playe throughs; and then become just set stat bloks that you pick from.
Itttt kinda does. Random companions are usually called the same (Johnny the fighter, Mary the healer, well not so dumb but you get the point), sometimes they even have the same backstory, and you can completely forget about them, you can even not even realize they've died in battle. And then...
and then become just set stat bloks that you pick from.
And while they react to some stuff happening, I don't think they react enough to be important, or to think something will happen. Again, THE PERSONALITY SYSTEM, could have more use here. Picking fights between companions could be considered an annoyance, but personally, I think that having conflicts in your party made the world feel alive, since how you morally and ideologically you run your party could determine if people would like to follow you or not. I want this to be expanded before saying it's better, because I in warband did liked my companions, and I always felt like I was seeing recurring characters that were part of Calradia. And since, backstories are boring and repetitive, and barely have any consequence in Bannerlord what really changes? Not a lot for sure. Not to mention, Lords in Bannerlord do not change at all in each run, unless they have kids in a long run, so what would be the problem with set companions too? Just add more to the list instead of having 10. Also rising companions into lords was one of the best mechanics in Warband.

On a side note, there's some things from that kinda aggressive list you left out like:

no deeper courtships, just gamble rng, no poems.
no real reason to visit towns/castle/villages at all.
no feasts or events
no books or trainers
no lords consipiring on each others, no duels. 0 political intrigue.
no political quests and denouncement quests
There's much I'd like to see improved - but people really need to be honest with themselves and their requests. This list is just factually wrong.
I don't think it's factually wrong at all, there's a lot of valid requests you left out, and half you covered that either were based on your opinion or were not replaced in Bannerlord, just kinda similar.

And this was my TED talk, Taleworlds, please, add politics into the game, they're fun.

Some issues with beta:

I'm getting both perks @ 100 skill in trade for some reason.

Also, when taking prisoners, it no longer auto-selects the highest value troops to fill prisoner capacity.

I like the shoulder changes so far, and banner knights look better with the new cloak.
Could you elaborate on your issue with getting both perks? Is this from an old save or a new game?

Is there more planned with the alleys? I mean it´s a nice feature but somehow very shallow if I´m not missing anything:

- you have a fight and take over
- you get some denars (75-130 denars for me, was still raising slowly) and can recruit some bandits (0-3 for me)
- you get some criminal rating which can be totally ignored
- you get some easy fights every now and then to defend your alley to keep it
- easy way to level roquery for companions

The end!

I mean, it does add something, but that´s really not that much overall or is there more stuff we can do with the alleys we control?

What about an option to tell our thugs that they should decrease security/loyalty in the town? Stuff like this?

But overall, the update is good if the bugs will be fixed. And for me it was very stable, I played with one mod (persistance color changer for the banner) and had not a single crash in about 10-12 hours.

"Fixed cases where crime rating was applied incorrectly."

could someone explain which cases where meant? i see a change in hostility of faction and i wonder why as i havent done anything different

Is there more planned with the alleys? I mean it´s a nice feature but somehow very shallow if I´m not missing anything:

- you have a fight and take over
- you get some denars (75-130 denars for me, was still raising slowly) and can recruit some bandits (0-3 for me)
- you get some criminal rating which can be totally ignored
- you get some easy fights every now and then to defend your alley to keep it
- easy way to level roquery for companions

The end!

I mean, it does add something, but that´s really not that much overall or is there more stuff we can do with the alleys we control?

What about an option to tell our thugs that they should decrease security/loyalty in the town? Stuff like this?

But overall, the update is good if the bugs will be fixed. And for me it was very stable, I played with one mod (persistance color changer for the banner) and had not a single crash in about 10-12 hours.
Yeah, I hope that they at least give us the ability to incite rebellion (make the loyalty of a town 0) in towns with <50 loyalty after we fight some town guards in the town centre if we own at least 1 backstreet in the town. This change alone would open up a huge possibility of roguery mid-late game, where we can form our own kingdom by taking over rebel towns and taking over kingdoms slowly from the shadows. Another "addition" I want is allowing the player to own all alleyways in a town and not having to defend it anymore, mostly so that I can roleplay as a mafia boss that is controlling all the production of the town.

Yeah, I hope that they at least give us the ability to incite rebellion (make the loyalty of a town 0) in towns with <50 loyalty after we fight some town guards in the town centre if we own at least 1 backstreet in the town. This change alone would open up a huge possibility of roguery mid-late game, where we can form our own kingdom by taking over rebel towns and taking over kingdoms slowly from the shadows. Another "addition" I want is allowing the player to own all alleyways in a town and not having to defend it anymore, mostly so that I can roleplay as a mafia boss that is controlling all the production of the town.
Yes, something like this would make this option more viable / interesting. I mean you also have to keep one of your companions in the alley and companions slots are rare. I think there is already a lot of stuff in the game that could be expanded to the new alleys to make them better.

Even some small stuff like showing new bandit hideouts around the town even if you have no sight of them.

Back
Top Bottom