The sally out ambush option checks the following
- The player is inside the besieged settlement.
- Siege camp preparations are done.
- 24h cooldown starts
- During cooldown, tooltip on the Harass the Siege Camp option “The enemy is alert, you cannot harass their siege camp right now.”
- After cooldown, the player can click on Harass the Siege Camp anytime as long as,
- The player character is not wounded (due to starvation etc)
- If not, Tooltip: “You cannot harass the enemy siege camp right now due to your wounds.”
- The besiegers have at least 1 ready siege engine
- If not, Tooltip: “The enemy does not have any vulnerabilities.”
- The settlement is not breached
- If breached, Tooltip: “You cannot harass the siege camp because the settlement walls are breached.”
- The besiegers are not attacked by another party
- If attacked, “The enemies are already engaged in battle.
After attacking the 24h cooldown restarts.
Firstly, Devs, thanks for all of your After - Sales Service !
Reading this just piqued my interest.
" The besiegers are not attacked by another party " - conversely, of course, this is, always was, the ideal time to sally out !
Should we not join that battle, deploying in the rear of the enemy when they have turned to engage the relief force ?
There are so many examples, and lessons, re this throughout History, right up to Paulus in Stalingrad !
It should in fact be the opportune tactical moment to hold on for - would you consider improving your siege modelling in this way, please ?